Should I upgrade my blade or change rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I start to think my equipment is a little slow for me. (Currently Ma Long 5, FH Hurricane 3 Neo, BH MX-P.) I want something a little faster to put more pressure on my opponents. Should I change the blade or should I change the rubber? I'm thinking of these options:
  • Option 1: Ma Long 5, FH MX-P, BH MX-P.
  • Option 2: Viscaria Super ALC, FH Hurricane 3 Neo, BH MX-P.
Will these option help me accomplish my goal? Which one will work better? Pro/Cons?

Thank you!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
MXP hell yeah! MXP allows you to launch your ball at speed of Mach 2.5.
IMG_6352.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I start to think my equipment is a little slow for me. (Currently Ma Long 5, FH Hurricane 3 Neo, BH MX-P.) I want something a little faster to put more pressure on my opponents. Should I change the blade or should I change the rubber? I'm thinking of these options:
Will these option help me accomplish my goal? Which one will work better? Pro/Cons?

Thank you!
I don't think you should change your blade, this may change the overall feeling too dramatically for you. Long 5 to Viscaria SALC is a pretty huge change.

I think changing from H3 to MXP is also too big of a change. I think you should try a faster tacky rubber that is still somewhat similar to H3 feeling. Loki Arthur China, Loki GTX, Yinhe Jupiter 3, Friendship Bloom Power are some good options for you.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I don't think you should change your blade, this may change the overall feeling too dramatically for you. Long 5 to Viscaria SALC is a pretty huge change.

I think changing from H3 to MXP is also too big of a change. I think you should try a faster tacky rubber that is still somewhat similar to H3 feeling. Loki Arthur China, Loki GTX, Yinhe Jupiter 3, Friendship Bloom Power are some good options for you.
You (OP) should follow the suggestion above, I'll add 729 Battle 3 and new Sanwei Target National to the list. Also as another forumer suggested, check your boosting process of the H3. To me your setup is very capable of making fast and quality shots, there is no reason to try something faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Thank you!
I would try option 2. Going from an Inner carbon limba blade to an outer carbon super ALC blade is a significant enough change that you can learn something from it.

Option 1 is cheaper though so you could always test it and see whether it gets you anywhere. But you could also just flip the bat, hit with MX‐P on your forehand and see if it solves what you are trying to solve for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
FH needs to be faster. BH is just right for me.
You just answered your own question. If your BH is fine, and the overall blade feels good, then you just need to change your FH to a faster rubber.

Arthur China, Big Dipper, Jupiter 3, Bloom Power would be good, or go for more Dragon Grip, Bluegrip, Bluestar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You just answered your own question. If your BH is fine, and the overall blade feels good, then you just need to change your FH to a faster rubber.

Arthur China, Big Dipper, Jupiter 3, Bloom Power would be good, or go for more Dragon Grip, Bluegrip, Bluestar
Or K3, Rasanter 53, Golden Tango.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I didn't boost H3 Neo... The process takes too long :)
of course this is just a load of bollocks. 😂
3 times 5 minutes it takes to apply the layers of booster.
Do it before you go to sleep.
Do it before you go to school
Do it before you go to work etc etc etc