Should I upgrade my blade or change rubber?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I am not looking at the code. On H3 Neo sponge, the printing is more prominent and the letters and numbers are larger. On the regular H3 sponge, the printing is more "faint" and the letters and numbers are smaller. When you put them side by side, you can tell. Please see the photos below:

The first photo on the right side, that's H3 Neo sponge. You see the printing. It is 2.20 sponge. I bought it, 39 degree, from TT11. The second photo, on the left side, with the red sponge, that's Stiga Genesis (first generation). That type of printing, more "faint" and smaller, goes on regular H3 sponge. So that's what I meant. I don't have any peeled off H3 regular currently so I cannot put them side-by-side. But I have seen it and that's why I am 100% certain that DHS makes Stiga Genesis (at least first generation) for Stiga.

View attachment 25936View attachment 25937
See, we are back to the old problem, none of these prints resemble even closely the prints i have on my sponges. I do not know if it has something to do with the fact that yours are sold in Europe and mine in china, I have really no idea.
IMG20230719180106.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
See, we are back to the old problem, none of these prints resemble even closely the prints i have on my sponges. I do not know if it has something to do with the fact that yours are sold in Europe and mine in china, I have really no idea.View attachment 25938
Yeah. Agree. We have got a problem.

My H3 regular, H3 neo and Stiga Genesis were all bought from TT11 so I am used to looking at those writings. I cannot decipher the writing on your sponge.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yeah. Agree. We have got a problem.

My H3 regular, H3 neo and Stiga Genesis were all bought from TT11 so I am used to looking at those writings. I cannot decipher the writing on your sponge.
Once I will be elected "Emperor of the Universe" I shall force the manufacturers to give individual
numbers and codes AND they have to be on the topside so that I can see with one quick look what my opponents are playing with.

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I didn't boost H3 Neo... The process takes too long :)
looks like you don't know how to use H3
get another FH rubber

your blade is already fast enough.
if MXP on FH + Long 5 doesn't work, it isn't your equipment.... it is .... you

Since you have MXP already, just use your BH side on your FH and see.
if it is too slow

Record yourself and post it here or on the video thread.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I think of the racket as a "soul and body" connection, where the blade is the soul and the rubber is the body. I think this is the "Chinese philosophy" of the table tennis when it comes to understanding the racket. This is only my personal attitude, but I would rather buy a faster rubber instead of changing the blade. As far as I experienced, changing the rubbers will only result in slight changes, but the alternation of the blade could result in drastic alternations.