Stiga Eternity VPS - anyone has it? any reviews?

This user has no status.
I am very interested in this blade, it's supposed to be a faster version on an Infinity VPS with as much control and less "hollow" feel, Didn't this blade officially launch like in March? how come after all these months there almost zero reviews and no retailers in the States or Canada that sell it?

Any owner's impressions would be greatly appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The thing is that Yogi bear's review pretty much mirrors my thoughts so I feel it is redundant to write something extensive. It plays in many ways like a Stratus Powerwood but with a more handle driven balance because of the smaller head size. The outer plies are coated limba. The blade is probably not as durable on the outer play as one might like as I have chipping with table contact and gluing, but I am also a believer that blades should be battle tested and have signs of battle on them.

I've used it for a couple of months now, I think. The straight handle version was lighter (88g). Got all three from Dandoy.

I would say if you want a fast all wood looping blade along the lines of SPW or Emerald but with a softer outer ply than Emerald, this is a good choice.

This user has no status.
The thing is that Yogi bear's review pretty much mirrors my thoughts so I feel it is redundant to write something extensive. It plays in many ways like a Stratus Powerwood but with a more handle driven balance because of the smaller head size. The outer plies are coated limba. The blade is probably not as durable on the outer play as one might like as I have chipping with table contact and gluing, but I am also a believer that blades should be battle tested and have signs of battle on them.

I've used it for a couple of months now, I think. The straight handle version was lighter (88g). Got all three from Dandoy.

I would say if you want a fast all wood looping blade along the lines of SPW or Emerald but with a softer outer ply than Emerald, this is a good choice.

Thank you for your impressions, I have one question, would this blade fit a close to the table offensive style? I like to loop, BH flick serves and counter topspin close to the table.
I intend to pair the blade with 2 Tenergys 05 2.1.

Also on Dandoy's website, which one is the Master flared? because there is an option for just "Flared" and another option for "Master" I don't want to end up ordering a legend flared by mistake.

http://www.dandoy-sports.com/stiga-eternity-vps-v.html

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stiga makes two kinds of flared handles. Legend and Master. There is VERY little difference between them. The Legend is about 1.5 mm thicker at the base but I am not sure the thickness is really that different where your fingers would wrap around the handle (the neck of the handle).

But if one says flared and one says Master probably the one that just says Master is the Master. That is just a guess. But it doesn't make sense that the one that says Master would be Legend. So if you don't want Legend, get the Master.

[emoji2]

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Stiga makes two kinds of flared handles. Legend and Master. There is VERY little difference between them. The Legend is about 1.5 mm thicker at the base but I am not sure the thickness is really that different where your fingers would wrap around the handle (the neck of the handle).

But if one says flared and one says Master probably the one that just says Master is the Master. That is just a guess. But it doesn't make sense that the one that says Master would be Legend. So if you don't want Legend, get the Master.

[emoji2]

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
Yeah that was I thought, I just wanted to make sure there no ST Master or other variation and end up with a different grip, it's weird that Dandoy puts "Flared" as a category and "Master" as another instead of going for "Master Flared" and "Legend Flared", kind of confusing.
It's there any other shop that ships to Canada that has it? it's backordered on Dandoy's website.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

Thanks! I just ordered from there, funny enough after I order from there I receive an email from Paddle Palace letting me know they just got their Eternity VPS blades and they are available for sale as of now.

http://www.paddlepalace.com/Eternity-VPS-V/productinfo/SSETRN/

They weren't there this morning when I checked so they literally just put them up for sale.

Anyways I'll be reviewing this blade with a couple of Tenergy 05 as soon as I get it, I have high hopes for this blade, sort of a Infinity on steroids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Makelele
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Seeing another thread about eternity really makes me want to buy it. After all, NL who's an advocate for SPW switched to this blade. But I kinda realize I like my IF layer ZLC too much. Most probably I'll end up with TBS and IF ZLC for the blades

My EJ virus runs strong ever since last year. I gave up on EJ-ing rubbers because I find myself going back to tenergy 05 all the time. Blade is a different story though. I've bought and sell around 9 blades alone this year. Trying really hard to keep myself from making another purchase

Reactions: dirtyD