table tennis tips "Increase Spin in table tennis by Chinese coaching"

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Are you trying to say that NL's footwork and backhands are not proper? I don't really understand your sense of humor.

I can see where he is coming from, he is saying that 2000 level in France is a pretty decent high level for an amature, many at that level (if it is similar to TTR Germany) are way better than NL or my level. He might berate NL's footwork rightfully in that respect, but NL makes do damned well with his condition, almost a class 8 or 9 Paralympics category.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hmmm, NL is actually only 2-2.5 levels lower level player than Dan... and Dan is 8 levels better than average club player.

There is clearly a big gulf between NL's level and that of Dan or Tom... 2 levels better at that level is big time. NL in a match is much better than the vid looks like. NL knows how to apply what he knows to learning adults many times better than 2500-2600 level coaches do in practice... and these coaches are 1.5 to 2 levels better than Dan. (I suspect Dan is good with adult learners)

Yet we don't see them commenting negatively other people work, considering Marcos Freitas is 3600 french rate system, Emrat 2000 level is a big thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yet we don't see them commenting negatively other people work, considering Marcos Freitas is 3600 french rate system, Emrat 2000 level is a big thing.
People's personalities are different, that's all. Show this to someone in France and let them tell you what the rating of the guy who made this video is. I actually agree with the distilled message but the communication is terrible:

This user has no status.
You can get me lost in numbers. I just want you to understand I don't hate you or something , I just find there is a big gab between your level of play and the position you take in the forums and specially against other coaches (or who ever claims to be a coach, same for me). I just grabbed a video of you to be compared with a video of my coach who is 2037. In other situation I would even dare saying you play just like me but for now I will give you the upper hand. but to say that you and my coach are not that different, I have to say that seems pretty unreasonable to me.

NL Video

2037 Player video, he is the one on your right hand

here a bonus video, the girl in red is 1500, according to NL, he is playing better than her

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You can get me lost in numbers. I just want you to understand I don't hate you or something , I just find there is a big gab between your level of play and the position you take in the forums and specially against other coaches (or who ever claims to be a coach, same for me). I just grabbed a video of you to be compared with a video of my coach who is 2037. In other situation I would even dare saying you play just like me but for now I will give you the upper hand. but to say that you and my coach are not that different, I have to say that seems pretty unreasonable to me.

All these ratings posts...

I removed the post you were (probably) responding to and agree with your assessment of my play. I would not come close to giving your coach a match and I may not even beat the girl in red. France is pretty deep in table tennis and even the guy I mentioned had his level go between 18 and 20, which means that even though Rajat Hubli is 2400 in France and is 2550 in USATT, it is quite possible that 1800 in France is 2200 USATT and there is a lot of people at that level because of good coaching. So I could easily, in the absence of any other numbers, interpret 1500 in France as a strong level in the USA and even the girl at a 1000 level in the video is playing good table tennis. Of course, the best way is really to know a player who has played in the USA and know their ranking.

EDIT: The main thing is that what makes me different from all these players is their footwork and their ability to use their body to play the stroke consistently, something I cannot do because of my health condition. But I have not been training since the age of 8 either (I did hit in the basement), so most of my advice will make sense to someone who has not been training since they were kids, which pretty much excludes everyone you are comparing me to so far.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

You can get me lost in numbers.

Musaab, a few things you have to understand are:

1) NextLevel is very transparent about who he is. He leaves no doubt about what he looks like as a player. But many people don't understand what they are looking at when they see video footage of him.

2) You may not realize it or understand it but his level is higher than you realize even though on video he does not look as good as he is.

3) The thing that actually, legitimately makes NextLevel impressive is that:
a) He is a handicapped player with permanent Chronic Joint Disease. Very few people with his condition can do 1/3 of what he can do.
b) He started playing the game as an adult with tons of bad habits.

Given the joint disease and starting as an adult, for him to get to his level is actually quite an impressive feat. You can appreciate it or not. But you clearly don't understand it.

4) NextLevel is actually closer to the level of your coach than you realize despite his inability to move or bend his knees. And he is definitely higher level than the girl who has trouble looping backspin.

And one of the things you may not be seeing or realizing is just how much spin and pace NextLevel gets in his shots despite adjusting his technique to the fact that he can't bend his knees, he is pretty darn tall, and he can't do normal footwork, again, because of those knees.

Another thing that makes it hard to compare: NextLevel's videos are unedited and filmed from ground level. It is not professionally filmed. The video of your coach is edited and it is filmed from a great angle which helps you see the action better.

But NextLevel's ball is heavy. I promise, if you felt it hit your racket you would understand what I am talking about. It is much heavier than almost any player who is his actual playing level that I have hit with. Which is how he can move like he has a handicap, which he does, and still be the level HE DOES NOT look like BUT IS.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is Adam Hugh--USATT 2600+ player:

Here is Rich Dewitt. I am not sure he looks very good:

Here is Rich Dewitt vs Adam Hugh:

For some reason this guy who is overweight and out of shape and does not look very good is still able to give someone as good as Adam a lot of trouble.

And I can say for sure that NextLevel HAS BEATEN Rich Dewitt. And I am pretty confident that Rich Dewitt would give both players in the video with your coach fits.

Table tennis is more complex than you realize. But a player like NextLevel who learned as an adult is in a unique position to help adult learners.

If you read his comments and are paying attention, you can see he knows what he is talking about.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Emrat, I'm in France and I know what 1900-2100 level looks like. Haters are haters as you said, there are people here with big mouths yet their footwork and backhands are not even proper. I wonder what would NL be like in the forums if he was as good as Dan or Tom.

And all this gives him the right to be discrediting and belittleling other people's work?
I certainly don't think so

Come one Suga. It is simply to explain that NextLevel has something to offer and what it is and that he may be better than he looks on video. That looks can be deceiving.

EmRatThich gave a bio. That was all that anyone really asked from him. I think that issue has been resolved.

The comments about NextLevel's play are in direct response to his level of play being questioned. Go back in the thread and see if NL made comment in the thread before someone brought him up directly. And go back in the last two pages and look for the same. Like the first quote in this post. A comment was made that can be responded to intelligently. No need for arguing and fighting.

Your comment really comes off as purely trying to create a backlash. Rather than as a constructive contribution. I know you have stuff to say that has more value. Take your time. But no need for bad blood. When it comes down to it, we are all friends here with a common passion.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Funny thing is most of the times criticizers react quite "thin-skinned" towards critic about their criticism.

And yet NextLevel has responded pretty well to being accused of being pretty bad at table tennis, over and over again. I have not seen this cause him to lash out.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Coaching is a an interesting topic in and of itself over and above Emrat's videos. Not all coaches understand that students come in different categories. Some adapt to this and some don't.

In Houston we have a lot of coaches now and in the past (from China, Serbia, Montenegro, USA, Germany, and elsewhere).

Right now there are some coaches that I know would take my child and make them really good really fast, give them really perfect technique, great footwork. (I am watching with amazement the progress some kids here are making now with the various Chinese coaches we have here). Some of those same coaches will understand that an adult middle-aged player, at almost any level, cannot be trained quite the same way as a promising cadet. And some don't ever figure this out. They were trained a certain way, starting at age 7 or 8, and that is what they are going to do. I have seen them injure adult players (worst outcome), or actually lower the level of their game (next worst) or in the end not really help them (maybe not that bad an outcome if the student enjoys the lessons). But I have known some coaches who were awesome with adult players, sadly the two best no longer live here. (One of them, while a very good player, is not even close to the level of these Chinese coaches, but he is still a much much better coach for adults). People who specialize in coaching adults tend to approach things quite differently.

Among adult players there are different categories. There are players who took up the game as adults, and players who played as kids on into early adulthood, often at a reasonably high level, and then took very long breaks to get on with their lives, to take up the game again at some point much later (that is my case, and also quite a few of my regular practice partners). Even those two groups of adult players I think need to be coached a little differently.

If you don't have a coach, and that is true in a lot of places, than you try to find stuff that can help wherever you can. I think some people clearly found things in Emrat's videos that helped them. Like he said, he hasn't been doing this all that long and he would edit and narrate them differently now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Come one Suga. It is simply to explain that NextLevel has something to offer and what it is and that he may be better than he looks on video. That looks can be deceiving.

EmRatThich gave a bio. That was all that anyone really asked from him. I think that issue has been resolved.

The comments about NextLevel's play are in direct response to his level of play being questioned. Go back in the thread and see if NL made comment in the thread before someone brought him up directly. And go back in the last two pages and look for the same. Like the first quote in this post. A comment was made that can be responded to intelligently. No need for arguing and fighting.

Your comment really comes off as purely trying to create a backlash. Rather than as a constructive contribution. I know you have stuff to say that has more value. Take your time. But no need for bad blood. When it comes down to it, we are all friends here with a common passion.

Haha, teaming up again, Carl??
;)
But you're right though. We really don't need war, but also don't need no dictatorship.
Your defense isn't really necessary. We know about all this already, but still it is no free pass for bad behaviour. And no need to turn around things again. I think it wasn't me who's been spreading all this negativity!

I'm at work at the moment, so I'll answer a little longer when I'm off.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha, teaming up again, Carl??
;)
But you're right though. We really don't need war, but also don't need noch dictatorship.
Your defense isn't really necessary. We know about all this already, but still it is no free pass for bad behaviour. And no need to turn around things again. I think it wasn't me who's been spreading all this negativity!

I'm at work at the moment, so I'll answer a little longer when I'm off.

I'm not teaming up. I am just explaining that since Musaab directly questioned NL's level, it was appropriate to answer that.

You could have said the basic message of your post without it being something to inflame tensions. That was all I presented about your post.

You have more to offer than what came out in that comment.