Tansition from hurricane to tenergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Hi i am currently using Dhs tg7-Al blade ( 7ply off+ all wood) with hurricane 3 neo prov on fh and med pips on bh.

My technique is decent but the reason why i want to change to tenergy is because i want to get quality without using too much energy. I find myself getting very tired after using all the "chinese philosophy" stuff like using my legs and hips. However, i only can feel the ball sink in and produce quality shots and can even notice the ball having a curved arc when i use like every cell of my body. I do no like it as i will get tired very fast and also be prone to injuries.

I heard from people that tenergy is good in when you use low force while hurricane is good only when you use alot of power. Also i am choosing tenergy 05 because my blade is pretty fast but kinda stiff so im getting t05 to make up for spin.

What are your advices on this?

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I did have the same isues with chinese rubbers like you.... And i try the 05 on fh.... But i did not like it much.... But i really like the Cornilleau target pro gt 47....

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Hi i am currently using Dhs tg7-Al blade ( 7ply off+ all wood) with hurricane 3 neo prov on fh and med pips on bh.

My technique is decent but the reason why i want to change to tenergy is because i want to get quality without using too much energy. I find myself getting very tired after using all the "chinese philosophy" stuff like using my legs and hips. However, i only can feel the ball sink in and produce quality shots and can even notice the ball having a curved arc when i use like every cell of my body. I do no like it as i will get tired very fast and also be prone to injuries.

I heard from people that tenergy is good in when you use low force while hurricane is good only when you use alot of power. Also i am choosing tenergy 05 because my blade is pretty fast but kinda stiff so im getting t05 to make up for spin.

What are your advices on this?

My advice is that we should talk about the tired part first. What do you mean? How quickly? Do you get sore, out of breath or just slow? Doing what? A lot of that "Chinese philosophy" is not even Chinese, it is just proper technique. So how can we help you get past that? Describe it more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
My advice is that we should talk about the tired part first. What do you mean? How quickly? Do you get sore, out of breath or just slow? Doing what? A lot of that "Chinese philosophy" is not even Chinese, it is just proper technique. So how can we help you get past that? Describe it more.

I use my legs hips most of the time and generate decent speed but little spin. I only can generate huge spin when i add on using my wrist and fingers for that explosive power. But however i feel very tired after like 5 mins of continuous forehand loop practice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
If you don't want to use your legs and hips anymore you should play chess instead.

Ha ha. Interesting. On a serious note I had the same issue. I thought my technique was great until I video taped myself. It was like day and night difference. I started leaning more forward slightly more and all my balls have tremendous spin now. Very minimal variation I did to myself and I am so happy now. Do not get tired either and I can loop 15-20 balls consistently. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Atas Newton
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I tell you why i have changed from h3 or tg2 national .... In first place they are great rubber when properly tuned. But after the tuner period they are just bad.... what is bad after tuning expired ?
I just do not play until you hit it hard ...and me ,with my body weight 112 Kg, i have issues to jump around with proper stroke if i want to make pace on the ball to get opponent under pressure or just good last moment block when i`m out of position. I rather chose wrist technical play which is easier with Cornilleau Target Pro GT H47, or Andro rasanter r42 rubbers. They are more forgiving spinny as hell and still i can place a full body stroke like with DHS rubbers. Anyone can play drills and not be to tired ... But in the match it is a different story . ...
And btw ... no tuning needed. And the last but not least is the price .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
If you don't want to use your legs and hips anymore you should play chess instead.

I will still use my hips and legs but i do not want to hit everyball like super hard. I feel that the amount of force i put on the ball is not reaching the potential of h3 neo so im thinking of using t05 to maximise my current potential

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
T05 might help get you to 15 min before you are tired. I wish I could watch you and see what you are doing that wears you out that fast. It is quite odd, but I am sure you are reporting what you feel.

Without seeing you my first guess is that maybe you are stiff as a board and need to relax your upper body. But that is just a guess. The proper technique should not be that exhausting with any blade or rubber. I'm not trying to put you down, rather I'm trying to help.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Booster is definitely an option but makes the rubber heavier and brings inconsistencies when changing rubbers as repeat boosting is required and once you get used to it you will end up boosting all the time. To get consistent results with boosting you will require accurate measurement of the booster/application process and time to breakin the rubber. Due to these hurdles I gave up the H3. Falco tempo long booster is what I tried. I just ended up switching to Esn rubbers in the end and am happy. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Booster is definitely an option but makes the rubber heavier and brings inconsistencies when changing rubbers as repeat boosting is required and once you get used to it you will end up boosting all the time. To get consistent results with boosting you will require accurate measurement of the booster/application process and time to breakin the rubber. Due to these hurdles I gave up the H3. Falco tempo long booster is what I tried. I just ended up switching to Esn rubbers in the end and am happy. Good luck.

lk

How long did u take to adapt to the change and which esn rubber did u use