Tibhar K3 vs Dignics 09c

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hello,

Been playing with 09c for the past 2 years on forehand and very happy with it but the price is just a bit too much. Tibhar K3 is about half the price of 09c. Are these two rubbers similar in characteristics and performance or are they quite different? If they are similar then K3 is on sale on tt11 this week and I can order some and try 😄. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hello,

Been playing with 09c for the past 2 years on forehand and very happy with it but the price is just a bit too much. Tibhar K3 is about half the price of 09c. Are these two rubbers similar in characteristics and performance or are they quite different? If they are similar then K3 is on sale on tt11 this week and I can order some and try 😄. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
I would say they are quite similar enough. I don't think they have exactly the same throw or the same feeling or anything, but for half they price they are similar enough and play the same role.

Having said that, Yinhe Jupiter 3 at $15 is also quite similar. Similar speed, good tackiness and spin, good throw angle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I would say they are quite similar enough. I don't think they have exactly the same throw or the same feeling or anything, but for half they price they are similar enough and play the same role.

Having said that, Yinhe Jupiter 3 at $15 is also quite similar. Similar speed, good tackiness and spin, good throw angle.

How is the feeling different? Like K3 is less tacky and more like a euro rubber then a hybrid?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

How is the feeling different? Like K3 is less tacky and more like a euro rubber then a hybrid?

I think tackiness is similar. They are both hybrids and fill a very similar role.

The feeling is just different because they use a different sponge. The feeling to your hand is different, but the impact on the ball is quite similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I think tackiness is similar. They are both hybrids and fill a very similar role.

The feeling is just different because they use a different sponge. The feeling to your hand is different, but the impact on the ball is quite similar.

Thanks for your reply. Is the feeling softer compared to 09c?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
K3 and 09C are of a similar style but they don't play quite the same - I like both and can change between them but find K3 to be a little tackier and a little softer feeling in the top sheet so maybe a little easier to play - both great but if you like 09c I would certainly give K3 a try if the price is right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I tried K3 today and liked it a lot. Slightly lower throw than 09c but definitely faster with little bit of less spin than 09c. Feels softer than 09c as the topsheet is soft, picking up low balls is very easy. Slow opening loop is better with 09c but counter looping with K3 is fantastic. All the shots went with same action like 09c, so I had didn’t have to adjust at all. I think I will stick with it unless the durability is just horrendous.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
K3 durability is a bit short, if you can pls try Stiga DNA Dragon Grip, it is a similar but better rubber than K3 in terms of control and spin, the price is lower also.

I like Dragon grip too but find it closer to Rasanter C53 than K3. To me K3 is a lot softer feeling than DG and easier to access.