Timo Boll & Waldner have security guards!

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
These photos were definitely worth a thread! Timo Boll is currently in Shanghai, China on the way to the robotics convention centre with his partner KUKA Robotics. Timo is currently being looked after by his four security team as seen below (photo shared by Timo's Facebook Page).

12187860_1099941763372920_3662877967171162795_n.jpg

Elsewhere, Jan Ove Waldner is currently at a different event in Taiwan with his security team (photo shared by Jan Ove Waldner's Facebook Page).

10246311_499507990230839_5238947002631702823_n.jpg

Table Tennis players now have security? :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Timo isn't a small guy. I have seen him in person. But next to the two guards to his right, he looks like a little kiddy!

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

That's what I thought! Timo is pretty tall, these guys make him look like a kid! Love it! I wonder if this security was needed or it was just for a fun photo... anyone?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Of course he needed the security. You didn't know that the goon squad has been after Timo ever since he took that racket Ma Long handed him when they were getting ready for WTTC doubles? They said he didn't have the secret handshake. Hahaha.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Timo Boll & Waldner have security guards!

Well, AGold and I did give those guys a bit of a treat when we took them to the secret hideout. They were like two kids in a candy store. They couldn't believe they were getting to hang out with us. They were a bit in awe. And when they saw the secret hideout, and Der_Echte and NextLevel were there, fogeddaboudit!!!

Der_Echte, do you remember them doing eeny-meeny-miny-moe to decide who got to pull the switch on the trap door to catch the goon squad?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Elsewhere, Jan Ove Waldner is currently at a different event in Taiwan with his security team (photo shared by Jan Ove Waldner's Facebook Page).
Table Tennis players now have security? :)
Actually, Waldner isn't in Taiwan.
He's in Tai-an, Shandong in China. The simplified characters on his Facebook photos give it away. That, and the body guards :p

Anyway, cred to Timo's guys for having a better dress code and not sporting naff sunglasses, hahaha :D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, AGold and I did give those guys a bit of a treat when we took them to the secret hideout. They were like two kids in a candy store. They couldn't believe they were getting to hang out with us. They were a bit in awe. And when they saw the secret hideout, and Der_Echte and NextLevel were there, fogeddaboudit!!!

Der_Echte, do you remember them doing eeny-meeny-miny-moe to decide who got to pull the switch on the trap door to catch the goon squad?

They had an EPIC arm wrestling contest to decide who does it. Rock Paper Scissors wouldn't cut it.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
They had an EPIC arm wrestling contest to decide who does it. Rock Paper Scissors wouldn't cut it.

4ac292b84c7ad0140d5d01d8dc53aff1.jpg
7098616018fda5f7981a925602975f65.jpg

That's me with Timo Boll's shirt. He gave it to me when he and Waldner left the secret hideout.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

Of course he needed the security. You didn't know that the goon squad has been after Timo ever since he took that racket Ma Long handed him when they were getting ready for WTTC doubles? They said he didn't have the secret handshake. Hahaha.

No, that's not why.

It was because he wouldn't give it back after they lost to XX and ZJK.

Ma Long's been stalking him ever since.

urbanzakapa said:
Those security bodyguard need to pass a certain crazy qualification skills, for example catch a table tennis ball with chopstick.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Not as difficult as catching chopsticks with a table tennis ball.

Kindest regards,

James

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I must put also Saive to this collection of players. I heard that he also need body guards in when he is in China. Saive been voted best athlete some times here in Belgium. Fantastic entertainer and player. Not so many players now a days give so much back to the spectators, I think that is pitty. I think it's a must for our sport to have great entertainers also now and that was the older generation very good at to give back to the spectators.