TT Ball change after 2012 Olympics!

ars

This user has no status.

ars

This user has no status.
Mar 2012
don't think the size is much different though, just probably because of the possible variability in the production process of non-seam balls they are just mentioning limits of variation ... about the rest we will only get to know when it comes to our hands .... but if this is again a nexus between ittf and companies to increase profit margins :( ... its a shame !!! ITTF just needs to concentrate on making the game more popular than how to make manufactures richer !
i totally agree...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Really interesting! Thanks for giving us an insight in the new ball William :) And thanks to WLQ of course, hehe. I hope they will be able to adjust the ball better to the characteristics of the current ball before the new ball is introduced. Looks like they randomly just drop from your bat here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Thanks a lot for that video William!
To judah000 and others speculating : It is too soon to make that big conclusions of what style will get destroyed and who will benefit from it. They still have two years to make the new ball better as the "release date" has been delayed to 2014.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hi, I was in the Spanish Open (18th to 22th April) and I had the opportunity to see Jun Mizutani testing the new plastic ball... here you have the video (I think it's a cool stuff, because it was a curious situation, Mizutani was warming up when Samsonov launchs to him a ball and, surprise, it seems the ball is broke... but, no, is one of the new plastic balls...)

PS: The video is on HD :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi, I was in the Spanish Open (18th to 22th April) and I had the opportunity to see Jun Mizutani testing the new plastic ball... here you have the video (I think it's a cool stuff, because it was a curious situation, Mizutani was warming up when Samsonov launchs to him a ball and, surprise, it seems the ball is broke... but, no, is one of the new plastic balls...)

PS: The video is on HD :)

I thought they seem to be able to play quite well with it. Untill I saw the service receive haha.

Reactions: laurenz_marvin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
So the new ball will not start till 2014?
I was still wondering when watching the recent Men Worldcup had they switched to new ball already...

Yep not until 2014 or probably it will be delayed even further after the Rio Olympics but that's still unlikely.

Reactions: laurenz_marvin