Viscaria alternatives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
One of my friends wanted to buy a new blade. He thought about buying Viscaria, however since it now costs 170€, he doesn't want to buy it anymore (too expensive). Do you guys have any blades that are similar to Vis but less expensive?
I told him to consider the Victas ZX Gear Out Blade, or the Joola Santoru KL-C Outer blade (I liked both blades a lot when I tried them)
Please also keep in mind, that at our local TT store we get a discount on anything, except for butterfly products.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Both the Santoru and the ZX Gear have limba outer plies...
Donic Skachkov Carbon, Donic (Baum) Esprit or Donic Original True Carbon.
Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon
Andro SYNTELIAC ZCO OFF/S (this and the Calderano HAL are more expensive than a new Viscaria without discounts)
Yinhe blades are way overpriced in Germany (e.g. 119€ contra.de vs $42 (without shipping and taxes) princett.com for a Pro 01)

This user has no status.
Both the Santoru and the ZX Gear have limba outer plies...
Donic Skachkov Carbon, Donic (Baum) Esprit or Donic Original True Carbon.
Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon
Andro SYNTELIAC ZCO OFF/S (this and the Calderano HAL are more expensive than a new Viscaria without discounts)
Yinhe blades are way overpriced in Germany (e.g. 119€ contra.de vs $42 (without shipping and taxes) princett.com for a Pro 01)

True, dunno how greedy someone can be and putting prices out for nearly 100% more than the imported price.
You can get the pro 01 for 60-70€ on AliExpress.

This user has no status.
Even that is a rip-off... The price of a pro-01 in China is around 30 euros.
The difference here is, that the price on aliexpress includes taxes and the shipment. So you can compare your mentioned shops and aliexpress but not buying it from the country the product is from.

Calling that a rip-off is pretty narrowthinking

Reactions: DukeGaGa
i tested yinhe pro 01 and viscaria with the same rubbers: dhs hurricane 3 commercial 39deg at the same time, side to side.
for me, pro 01 have more control, is slower. viscaria requires more of my touch, my feeling because is faster like 20% for me. viscaria have an especial quick, help me more.
they are similar, but viscaria just have an special touch that i could not tell.
one side of pro 01 have an boosted h3 and comparing with unboosted h3 on viscaria i still can tell viscaria is faster on "real" swings but require more touch.

if i can give you an advice is this:

if you like viscaria, just buy. a blade can last years. but if you really dont have the money and could not get enough money to buy viscaria, get a pro 01 and depending on the rubber you will use, boost the rubber. can give an extra speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
After trying a million rackets I can say that Viscaria has no alternative IF you like that feel, feedback, etc. And if you buy Viscaria right away, you'll actually save money because you won't be experimenting, buying and selling... And the suggestion above is very good - find used Viscaria.
Ivee also tried a lot of blades and I feel the exact opposite. The Viscaria just feels like a generic outer ALC blade to me. They'll differ slightly here and there but at the end of the day I can pick up any of them and not miss a beat in my play.