What’s your most satisfying moment in table tennis?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
For me, it’s being able to hit top spin and killing the point in a push battle against a LP player. In my mind, I’m thinking “get your little magic tricks outta here. damn wizards and their spin reversal”
Having HULK SMASH moments! Tiny little things that makes my stomach warm and fuzzy!

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
For me the most satisfying thing is to hit 3 or 4 tough blocks of opponents best loops, then pivot and finish the point with my own big FH loop.

Also very satisfying is finding a $15 or $20 Chinese rubber that can outperform the most expensive Japanese rubbers.

GTX tuned is better than Dignics09c, and its just awesome weapon.

Aurora Max boosted is a catapult monster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I grew up in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

When I was in 11th grade, I was the back-up player for our high school team (or secondary school in Canada) where we won the provincial team championship in table tennis. The top 3 players played. I just tagged along. I did not play a single set or match but I was happy we won. We had to go to inner BC to play in the tournament and stayed at a hotel there.

The following year, my last year of high school (or secondary school), I was playing in the second position. We made it to the playoff pretty easily. We were a strong team no doubt but We knew who our biggest threat was. And that team was definitely better than our team. In the peliminary team group round robin, we went to the deciding match with a school whose top player beat all three of us senseless. Against their second player, I was up 1:0 (back then, each set was up to 21 points). I was playing with Jpen with long pips on the back. But in the second set, we were tied at 20:20 and I knew that I had to wrap up the win. We had to, had to win our round robin group. If we were placed second in that group, we would end up meeting the powerhouse in the quarterfinal or semifinal. I used my long pips to return the serve and won the set and the match. It was a cheap point but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Then of course we made it through to the teams final pretty easily in the single elimination part of the tournament before we had to meet the powerhouse. We lost 1:4 pretty quickly but we got second place in the province. Hey, second place was and is not bad! If I had lost that match in the team round robin group, we might not have placed in the top four at all.

After that, my table tennis career went downhill and I never came back :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
watching this was pretty satisfying.

well, for me:
as a young player last century, where things where still 21 point games.
My coach will give me 15 point head start.
He only had to win 21, and I had to win 6 basically.
well. next you know, its 15-15 and I would still loose.
The level gap was just far too great, and even if he was to make 1 or 2 mistakes, that wouldn't get me to 21 points.

The day I could beat him, I was super happy.
Then, from 15 point head start, it became 10.... and I continue to loose. lol

This user has no status.
Long ago, I remember winning a hot match coming back from 0-2 and match points down in a team competition. and after the match, the opponent would be sitting in a corner still stunned and almost crying...
or another one down 0-6 or 0-7 in the decider which I won against a kid. he must have been crying too ?

my (only) victory at the Asian Veteran championships (in Shizuoka) 3-2 in a group team match, giving victory to the team.

a 40+ tournament i won in my local league in Tokyo. I won the SF against my teammate who had a 90% win rate against me in training matches, and the final against a guy who had been beating me straight for 15 years in tournaments.

The best is still to come...

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
For me it's watching YouTube video like how to improve BH loop and use the advices on practice and feeling that I'm improving. I have a good coach but finding tips and use them by myself is just so satisfying

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Sometimes, after a long break, it's so nice to just go into the hall, greet and shake hands with your comrades, and after that warm up diagonally with a long-time partner. In these moments, bad thoughts and problems disappear. And after the game, you begin to look at many life issues from a completely different angle - somehow easier and more positive!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is very nice to receive a new rubber, open the package, smell the new rubber, touch it, stick it on, carefully cut it and make the first hits on the ball with an assessment of the spin and rebound sound, and then look forward to the evening when you can play with it.
what happens if it is a terrible rubber to use?