what new hybrid rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Is C1 harder than H3 H42?

As IB66 says, it is marketed as 60 on ESN scale, but when I measured it, it was approx. as hard as H3 H41, softer than NTH3PTB.

If you are interested in it, start with C2. I think it is a quite good rubber, also rel. hard, the durability is not that excellent though.

Last edited:

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Its not that hard to use. You might not be used to hard rubbers. Ive used a lot of Chinese rubbers
I am relatively used to hard rubbers - I played mid-hard ESN 47-48 degrees before switching to hybrid rubbers and later golden tango, rakza Z, rakza Z EH and some short terms tests.

The ZGR with 57-degrees sponge might be too hard for me, however, the main problem is the low flat trajectory - I cannot topspin with it well enough. Shots like service, push, block are fine...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I am relatively used to hard rubbers - I played mid-hard ESN 47-48 degrees before switching to hybrid rubbers and later golden tango, rakza Z, rakza Z EH and some short terms tests.

The ZGR with 57-degrees sponge might be too hard for me, however, the main problem is the low flat trajectory - I cannot topspin with it well enough. Shots like service, push, block are fine...
ESN 47 is not considered hard rubber.

Which hybrid rubbers have you been using mostly?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
As IB66 says, it is marketed as 60 on ESN scale, but when I measured it, it was approx. as hard as H3 H41, softer than NTH3PTB.

If you are interested in it, start with C2. I think it is a quite good rubber, also rel. hard, the durability is not that excellent though.
I have some ESN 55 rubbers, like Rhyzen ZGR and Dragon Grip. I dont find them too hard, especially if you boost it.

This user has no status.
I just wonderer how you manage to play with ZGR, I find it rockhard and playable only with a fast stroke, I do not manage to play the slow spinny loops.
Didn't see this. Yeah, you gotta be fast when you swing. Slow depends entirely on your touch and I wouldn't say I'm great at managing it. Will try to practice that next week with the ZGR and ZGX and get back to you.

This user has no status.
short vid showing tackiness of some Hybrid rubbers
Age of rubbers
K3 2 days
ZGX 2 days
J&H H 52 6 months
RZ & RZ EH 1 yr
Glazer & G09C 9 months
Tau 2 6 months
H8-80 38 degree 3 months
Golden Tango 3 months
H8-80 37 degree 1 yr+
Seiger PK50 maybe 2 yrs
H9 1 yr
Anecdote. I have been using my Dynaryz ZGR for a year and the past few weeks when I left my racquet on the ball (on the table) it actually got stuck to the ZGR a few times. I did this test when I switched to it last year and it didn't do that and it never did this before when I left the racquet on the ball. That's strange, no?

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
The same happened to me - first time it was not sticky, after playing for three times and cleaning it, it I can lift the ball now, it became sticky...

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
So, in the end I ordered a new sheet of the normal Rakza Z in black and max. And a new blade - the Donic Original Carbospeed - it will join my Donic Persson PowerCarbon.

I still have a nearly new ZGR black and a nearly new MX-P black. And a Rakza Z EH red a nearly one new and an old one. Hopefully I will find a good FH setup. The BH is RakzaPO.

I will have a break from EJ-ing and play with the stuff I have for now, once it wears down or I sell something to club colleagues I will try some new hybrid rubber. It is too much EJ-ing for me right now.

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I have had an "out of this world" experience while EJing. I bought the Donic Original Carbospeed and paired it with short pips BH and hybrid hard FH.

The result is amazing - the blade with thick core, thic carbon and thick hinoki surface layer is an absolute beast. It gives punch and speed as nothing else. I have an OFF+ blade - Persson PowerCarbon, but the Carbospeed is a new dimension of speed.

The blade dominates the playing characteristics totally - it gives catapult and speed to the hard tacky rubbers and also punch to short pips - I think the blade does not like catapulty rubbers due to its own catapult.

I will have to try it out - Rakza PO black and Rakza Z EH red are my favourites, I will see whether I can master some short game and if I am so offensive also in real matches under pressure.

I have had an "out of this world" experience while EJing. I bought the Donic Original Carbospeed and paired it with short pips BH and hybrid hard FH.

The result is amazing - the blade with thick core, thic carbon and thick hinoki surface layer is an absolute beast. It gives punch and speed as nothing else. I have an OFF+ blade - Persson PowerCarbon, but the Carbospeed is a new dimension of speed.

The blade dominates the playing characteristics totally - it gives catapult and speed to the hard tacky rubbers and also punch to short pips - I think the blade does not like catapulty rubbers due to its own catapult.

I will have to try it out - Rakza PO black and Rakza Z EH red are my favourites, I will see whether I can master some short game and if I am so offensive also in real matches under pressure.
Some news here, please? I had a very similar EJ experience/research, so I'm currently trying Carbospeed + Spinfire + Rakza Z EH as I understood that Spinfire > Rakza PO. I'm impressed that as the intermediate player I still can control such a fast blade quite well, and I even can play my chops with Rakza from the ground as I used to do with my long pips. It's really funny. On the other side, it's obvious that my transition to short pips will take more time than I expected. I already adapted to 802-40 quite easily (on a slower blade) but Spinfire looks much more challenging.

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Complete turnaround, I have a dilemma - I got a used Marcos Freitas ALC by "accident" and have put the ZGR on it and RakzaPO on BH.
This blade is said to have a medium throw - the ZGR plays interestingly on it, the arc is more curved and I can topspin better with it, so I will try it out also in matches, not only in training. The RakzaPO does not quite match - the throw seems too high for a short pips.

CARBOSPEED is somewhat problematic - it is thick and has a big head and the overall setup is heavy and not very practical. I find the blade needs commitment - always go for it, I also find the FH-BH switch somewhat slow. What I have found interesting is that the red PO is significantly bouncier and faster on the CARBOSPEED, so the BH-punch is really powerfull.

I have got into this EJ phase and now I am totally puzzled regarding my equipment and play and reglue rubbers on three blades and cannot say anything objective. Impressions are interesting, but it is best to do EJing right now during the season as the league matches verify the training impressions in a cruel but true way:D

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Some positive news:

I paired the ZGR with a Freitas ALC and it works very well - it is a little bit slower than on an OFF+ blade, but everything else works better - dropping the ball short, playing a spinny loop, playing a power loop, smashing, blocking...

So my conclusion is that the ZGR is a top rubber, but needs a carbon blade with medium throw and good control. It does not work on ultrafast low throw blades for me.

Meanwhile I have a ZGX in red and max but the first impression was awkward - it is so different from ZGR. The pips structure is completely different, it has this mushy softish feeling and is much bouncier over the table - the short play or blocks are just worse.

I think that the ZGX is more suited for a low throw blade and for half distance looping and the ZGR for over the table play, which is my style...

I will get a new blade next week - Original True Carbon and try both rubbers there, the blade should be somewhere inbetween Freitas ALC and Persson PowerCarbon, it is told to be a faster Viscaria.

P.S.
I will also get a ZGR in red and max. After the season I will experiment with ZGR both sides on Freitas, it is simply such a good pair and I used it as a BH rubber for fun during training and it works just fine, even for a SP player:D

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I did not weight them but the ZGR feels a little heavier than the ZGX, both are heavy

CARBOSPEED is somewhat problematic - it is thick and has a big head and the overall setup is heavy and not very practical. I find the blade needs commitment - always go for it, I also find the FH-BH switch somewhat slow. What I have found interesting is that the red PO is significantly bouncier and faster on the CARBOSPEED, so the BH-punch is really powerfull.
It's true that Carbospeed is thicker than Ma Lin Carbon, still I have a pretty good feeling in my hand with both of them. Most probably because my first table tennis blade was some cheap 'Hanoi' with spiny defender rubbers in 80's; it's similarly thick and heavy. ;) For me Carbospeed is a beast with Thor's hammer power, I love it.