Which Rubbers & Blades Do Pros Use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The Japanese and European players are just slightly different. They generally don't use H3 or TG3. They use some version of Tenergy on both the FH and BH.

The blades aren't that different though.

But it is important to understand that table tennis is a sport that is much more about technique than equipment. As long as you understand that, checking out different equipment and EJing out can be fun but it can also cost a lot of money.

Just look at that guy Chen Chen who wants to charge 300 pounds for a blade that, according to him, is a DHS custom W968 so he is charging 175 pounds more than the going rate for a W968 which also may in fact be about 240 pounds too much for the actual blade he is selling. He has H3 Blue Sponge which he says is National which he is trying to charge 200 pounds for. Well most sources that sell H3 National Blue Sponge charge under $100.00 which is A LOT less than 200 pounds. But someone who didn't know that could get fleeced: at best his prices are WAY TOO HIGH, and more than likely, what he has, even if it is real DHS products, they probably aren't "National". And the guy even said he had "National" Haifu Oil, probably more like snake oil.

So there are plenty of ways for scam artists to use what people think the pros are using to separate newbies from their money.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone
Carl, didn't you know all the Pro's use limited National stuff that!? The quality of limited National equipment are just a notch better than the normal National equipment. Only people with good connections are able to get their hands on such of gear.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, didn't you know all the Pro's use limited National stuff that!? The quality of limited National equipment are just a notch better than the normal National equipment. Only people with good connections are able to get their hands on such of gear.

Okay. You've sold me. I am going to buy my Limited Edition National Haifu Oil and my National Underwear and Socks from Chen Chen today. I think the Limited National underwear and socks will make a big difference in my forehand spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Okay. You've sold me. I am going to buy my Limited Edition National Haifu Oil and my National Underwear and Socks from Chen Chen today. I think the Limited National underwear and socks will make a big difference in my forehand spin.
Sounds awesome! I'll bet the socks and underwear will give you the freedom of movement so you can do a proper National FH topspin.Please give a review and post a picture of yourself wearing the Limited National Equipment.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

One more question: does the National Underwear also come with a blue sponge? ;)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

LMAO I Finally Realised That You've Been Trolling Me.

This Is Top-Quality Banter!

This user has no status.
Where is he saying that he wants to know because he wants to buy the same setup as a pro? Maybe it's just interesting to know what they use? It'd be interesting to have a list even though you can find out what each individual player uses with some work.

It's better you guys just be upfront instead. If he does want to spend money on it that's his choice. Either way better to just tell the truth instead of confusing him like you obviously have.

Yep, they really confused me haha.
You're 100% right. I'm just interested to know what the pros use.
I already decided which rubbers & blade I want a while ago. Didn't know there were trolls on here lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Yep, they really confused me haha.
You're 100% right. I'm just interested to know what the pros use.
I already decided which rubbers & blade I want a while ago. Didn't know there were trolls on here lol.

That's what I was thinking haha. Thanks for the info though Carl!
youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0

This user has no status.
That's what I was thinking haha. Thanks for the info though Carl!
youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0

What information? The only thing he did is leave me 100% confused and I still am confused. I regret asking this question & should of just bought the rubbers and blade. His stupid 'partner in crime' too... saying you dont need the best equipment to be good. Uh... i think i know that SHERLOCK! I'm already quite good but I just want to make a bat that suits my style of play... Stupid Trolls smh

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Throwing words like 'stupid' or 'trolls' without much thought or consideration is not a wise move. Carl is one of the most knowledgeable, and respected members of this forum. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say you need to be more cautious with your choice of language.

This user has no status.
Throwing words like 'stupid' or 'trolls' without much thought or consideration is not a wise move. Carl is one of the most knowledgeable, and respected members of this forum. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say you need to be more cautious with your choice of language.
To be fair, the guy asked a simple question.
It's not his fault he doesn't know the in- jokes of any given clique.

He clearly thinks he's being wound up or "trolled" and it can be an easy conclusion to jump to when you don't know the forum or its posters.

This is a good forum with lots of sound advice given out and lots of knowledgeable people also.

It can also appear be a very cliquey/clannish place to a newbie.

All just my opinion of course.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Sorry playa, we do get a bit carried away when having fun. To be fair, your question is easily google-able. Even wikipedia contains this the infomation you seek.

If you are geniunely curious and are seeking sound/solid advice from the more experienced/knowledgeable players on thus forum, then you should look to rephrase your question -possibly ask why do they use what they use, pris and cons and such, comprable alternatives for the individual/specific styles etc.

They wont jump on you so hard maybe.

This user has no status.

He is one of the most knowledgeable members of the forum? Well he was clearly winding me up with his 'partner in crime' AKA Der_Echte.
And yeah, I am new to this forum so please don't be giving me any of these jokes. & Sorry to Carl, didn't know he was such a respected guy. It was as if I was getting trolled when he was throwing em jokes at me with that other guy Der_Echet.

This user has no status.
Sorry playa, we do get a bit carried away when having fun. To be fair, your question is easily google-able. Even wikipedia contains this the infomation you seek.

If you are geniunely curious and are seeking sound/solid advice from the more experienced/knowledgeable players on thus forum, then you should look to rephrase your question -possibly ask why do they use what they use, pris and cons and such, comprable alternatives for the individual/specific styles etc.

They wont jump on you so hard maybe.

I understand what you're saying but I dont think there is anything wrong with the question I asked... I mean come on, at the end of the day it is a forum is it not?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Which Rubbers & Blades Do Pros Use?

To be fair, the guy asked a simple question.
It's not his fault he doesn't know the in- jokes of any given clique.

He clearly thinks he's being wound up or "trolled" and it can be an easy conclusion to jump to when you don't know the forum or its posters.

This is a good forum with lots of sound advice given out and lots of knowledgeable people also.

It can also appear be a very cliquey/clannish place to a newbie.

All just my opinion of course.

To be fair, I did give a lot of good information. Some of it is just mixed in with the jokes. My feeling is, jokes in fun are valuable because they hopefully keep people light hearted even while learning. But here, I will present some of the information I already presented that is very valuable: first: I did present the post that has a thread of this exact subject that is quite complete:

This thread has a pretty full list of what many of the pros are actually using:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...date&highlight=fang+bo"s+equipment"

Second: in one of those posts I did present the information about how similar the equipment from all the CNT players actually is. That is very valuable. I also presented information on how similar many European players equipment is.

Then, perhaps the most valuable information of all, I presented the idea that, there are people out there who will try and take advantage of all of us and the common desire for players to want to use what the pros use. If that is done in a fun way, and it takes a bit to figure out someone is joking, well, I am not trying to cause confusion.

But that Limited Edition, Custom, Blue Sponge, National Underwear and Socks are really a game changer. Suga D can tell you! :)

Hopefully no harm has been done. And both of you, have a look at the full thread that shows the research done to figure out what some of those more deceptive pros are really using.

Because Fan Zhendong is really using a Butterfly Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. There are a couple of pros who do actually try to be deceptive about what they use and don't use equipment from the company that sponsors them. Dimitri Oxtcharov is another. But go look at the thread that has all the information and the good research that members have done to get that information. They list many of the top pros and what they are using.

And thanks for the feedback. Never be afraid to mouth off at me. If you are a human and not a PNut, I won't mind. I may not even mind if you were PNut from SkyNet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
To be fair, I did give a lot of good information. Some of it is just mixed in with the jokes. My feeling is, jokes in fun are valuable because they hopefully keep people light hearted even while learning. But here, I will present some of the information I already presented that is very valuable: first: I did present the post that has a thread of this exact subject that is lower complete:

Second: in one of those posts I did present the information about how similar the equipment from all the CNT players actually is. That is very valuable. I also presented information on how similar many European players equipment is.

Then, perhaps the most valuable information of all, I presented the idea that, there are people out there who will try and take advantage of all of us and the common desire for players to want to use what the pros use. If that is done in a fun way, and it takes a bit to figure out someone is joking, well, I am not trying to cause confusion.

But that Limited Edition, Custom, Blue Sponge, National Underwear and Socks are really a game changer. Suga D can tell you! :)

Hopefully no harm has been done. And both of you, have a look at the full thread that shows the research done to figure out what some of those more deceptive pros are really using.

Because Fan Zhendong is really using a Butterfly Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. There are a couple of pros who do actually try to be deceptive about what they use and don't use equipment from the company that sponsors them. Dimitri Oxtcharov is another. But go look at the thread that has all the information and the good research that members have done to get that information. They list many of the top pros and what they are using.

And thanks for the feedback. Never be afraid to mouth off at me. If you are a human and not a PNut, I won't mind. I may not even mind of you were PNut from SkyNet.

Thank you for taking the time to post this.
I've been here long enough to have read the banter you guys use, it doesn't bother me in the slightest but I can understand why the guy felt the way he did.
You seem like a good guy Carl, thanks again.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I understand what you're saying but I dont think there is anything wrong with the question I asked... I mean come on, at the end of the day it is a forum is it not?

Agreed, nothing wrong with the question you asked, nor anything wrong with lighthearted trolling. But as I mentioned, the information and much more is available on wikipedia and many forums elsewhere. (There is even a thread dedicated to the equipment the pros use that is updated regularly on TTD carl shared).

As for me, I'm alway interested in engaging in convos about equipment and boosting.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As for me, I'm alway interested in engaging in convos about equipment and boosting.

Just remember, when you are boosting an H3 Limited Edition National Blue Sponge Custom pair of drawers to use the National version Haifu sesame oil booster with soy sauce, ginger and scallions. That is the only way to get the same effect as Ma Long. Oh, and Ma Long wears the boxers not the briefs. That special booster may actually be the real reason he is the 2015 World Champion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Just remember, when you are boosting an H3 Limited Edition National Blue Sponge Custom pair of drawers to use the National version Haifu sesame oil booster with soy sauce, ginger and scallions. That is the only way to get the same effect as Ma Long. Oh, and Ma Long wears the boxers not the briefs. That special booster may actually be the real reason he is the 2015 World Champion.

Yet again, Carl you forgot the Limited National Edition Blue Sponge socks! How could you forget!?