Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2015?

• Ma Long

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Ding Ning was fantastic. People that say the injury was fake, should be ashamed of themselves. The women's final was one of the best and dramatic matches I've ever Seen and I feel so glad for Ding Ning. You could clearly see that she was seriously injured. She was better than Liu Shiwen,that's it[emoji6]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Blessing in disguise. Ding Ning won because of her own injury.
The injury time totally throws Liu Shiwen concentration and focus off.
Hate to say this, but I think Liu Shiwen deserve to win a bit more.
For me, myself, I "hate" to play someone that is injured or sick, if you know that kind of feeling.

I dont know if LSW was affected but she made tons of mistakes through the game. At 1-0 10-8 and she totally rushed the two next points and ding ning leveled 10-10 and went forward to win the game and the score was now 1-1. In the next two sets LSW played smarter/faster exposing ding ning's weaknesses but she still made many unforced errors.

Ding ning was just putting the ball back on the table on many occasions and only a few points of ding nin were a result of smart play. This final was totally a fight of psychology. LSW when she was not rushing to gain a point was devastating but Ding Ning was fighting for every single point not giving her opponent easy points. Its a pity for LSW cause for me she was the best player in this WTTC technically and tactically, but her focus was not strong

I just coulndt believe how many easy mistakes she made, compared to how strong she played against LXX. On the other hand Ding Ning is the best fighter of the chinese team and in the end she deserved to win.

Ding Ning was amazing. If you watched her in ther quarter and semi final, and if you know how she plays usually, you can clearly see that she was not playing her best table tennis during this wttc, very very far from it. She was struggling and clearly unconfident........but she raised her fighting spirit to the maximum to overcome her bad shape, her bad feeling for the ball, her stress........

She is a great champion and I'm glad she won. Nothing was easy for her in this wttc, far from her best table tennis, she fought like a lion to not let her dream fade away. Her will power has earned my respect for ever.

LSW is a professional player. Ding Ning is her friend but please don't compare your personal experience to her's........she is trained like a machine, to win and to only win, she has been trained to be focused and to give the best she can no matter the circumstances, the environment or the opponent...............nothing to be compared to us, mere amteurs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Ding Ning was amazing. If you watched her in ther quarter and semi final, and if you know how she plays usually, you can clearly see that she was not playing her best table tennis during this wttc, very very far from it. She was struggling and clearly unconfident........but she raised her fighting spirit to the maximum to overcome her bad shape, her bad feeling for the ball, her stress........

She is a great champion and I'm glad she won. Nothing was easy for her in this wttc, far from her best table tennis, she fought like a lion to not let her dream fade away. Her will power has earned my respect for ever.

LSW is a professional player. Ding Ning is her friend but please don't compare your personal experience to her's........she is trained like a machine, to win and to only win, she has been trained to be focused and to give the best she can no matter the circumstances, the environment or the opponent...............nothing to be compared to us, mere amteurs.

Actually I believe she played really well and topped her game when needed , its just that she had to encounter very difficult opponents. Wu yang mu zi liu shiwen and of course li xiaoxia have all improved much more than ding ning since 2011 rotterdam. Maybe the chinese trainers focused a bit more on other players since 2011 cause that year Ding Ning was annihilating everyone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
this is not really interesting ..........eaaaacchhh , 3 chinese already ......
there is no competition in this sport

This is partially true.

Yes, there is no cross-country competition. But if you forget about the flags and look purely at the skill of players, there is a lot of competition. This WTTC is a perfect example. The recent matches are not only interesting but also very intense!

Other countries need to catch up. Period.

Until then, I would still prefer to watch 4 top quality Chinese players competing in the finals than "top" players from whatever countries. Put it in a polite way (to be less offensive), those matches are like kids versus adults. Bullying is not interesting indeed.

But, it's a joke to restrict entries from certain countries to create artificial competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
This is partially true.

Yes, there is no cross-country competition. But if you forget about the flags and look purely at the skill of players, there is a lot of competition. This WTTC is a perfect example. The recent matches are not only interesting but also very intense!

Until then, I would still prefer to watch 4 top quality Chinese players competing in the finals than "top" players from whatever countries. Put it in a polite way (to be less offensive), those matches are like kids versus adults. Bullying is not interesting indeed.

But, it's a joke to restrict entries from certain countries to create artificial competition.

i like your point of view ,the chinese are like robots , they are doing nothing more than table tennis , europe and another countries had , have talented players (waldner, schlager , ryu , samsonov , boll , niwa ) but china only have robots .
no way , in europe for example the players almost all of them have their job beside table tennis , and almost all of them have finished university .(no comparison here)
honestly i like to watch better talented players playing than robots , humble than arrogants .
that is my point of view .
pd : i feel sorry for Xu xin , best form and talent has showed .

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
The semifinals and finals of the men's singles will be some fun matches.
I hope Ma Long doesn't choke this time. A part of me always wondered if he threw that semifinal match against Wang Hao two years ago, because that was by far the worst table tennis I've ever seen him play.

On a different note - Adam Bobrow read and answered my twitter question on the air today (#askthecommentator). That was kinda cool. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
i like your point of view ,the chinese are like robots , they are doing nothing more than table tennis , europe and another countries had , have talented players (waldner, schlager , ryu , samsonov , boll , niwa ) but china only have robots .

no way , in europe for example the players almost all of them have their job beside table tennis , and almost all of them have finished university .(no comparison here)
honestly i like to watch better talented players playing than robots , humble than arrogants .
that is my point of view

Fair comments. :cool:

I had the impression the Chinese were all playing like robots - especially true in the MS categories. But the WS games changed my mind today. Their top players had a lot variety. For example, Li Xiaoxia plays like man and physical. Ding Ling is not technically gifted but mentally tough and has a impeccable defense. For most points, she seem to be just looking to survive but somehow win three straight 7 sets. Li Shiwen's game is based mainly on quick, consecutive strokes with little swing.

My point is that they all have their unique styles, so not all are carbon copies. I argree that they are like robots sometimes when they show little emotion at all during games. Not yesterday though :p

The MS categories instead are relatively dull, in the sense that it's hard to find a player who doesn't do the following sequence: banana flip, loop, counter-loop, counter-loop. Gone were the days when there are short pips, long pips, super-fast penholders, looping shakehanders, short games, serves etc. It's not actually just the Chinese but also for the whole MS category, I believe.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I have a feeling that ZJK will use his 10 min injury break in any coming game. He start to show his long time shoulder issue again. Personally I don't mind waiting a few minutes and see a complete match rather than someone forfeit in the middle or one side continue to play in pain without any challenge. Many travel thousands of miles to see the game in the stadium. Don't think it is helping the sport if the winner is decided by one side walking away. People love drama. A KO in boxing, car crash in racing (not fatal of course)...etc. The XX vs FB and LSW vs DN matches are drama enough with all the emotions, courage and loved. If DN simply quit, the final will be scarred and forgotten as one of thousands matches out there. Now this game will be remembered forever.

We are not watching some Chinese robots battle here, we are seeing human with feeling and pain. All these should made people love the sport more. Can't wait to see what ZJK is going to give us.

Last edited: