This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
You are absolutely right Suga - Michal's comment was unfortunate, specially because Lilly and Amy were born in the US.

Here'e a lesson to always use deep mind google ai super machine ... just to have a deeper and broader view.

But to defend Michal a little I guess he was more referring to the situation in Europe. Here some countries (specially women teams) have players born in Asia, and with their skills fully developed there ... so the assumption is that they tend to import players rather than develop their own, if you can see my point. So nothing against Asian players, but rather objection against the national associations that they don't develop strong enough players themselves ...

So I guess he copy - pasted this situation for his unfortunate remark about the US Team, but I wouldn't be looking for anything racist here.

Btw, where's Ariel now? She was doing such a great publicity for tt with Bill ...

Even your example with Europe isn´t better. As long as they have an european passport, they are european with the same rights and obligations and responsibilities like every other european citizen! Simple as that.

Just because you´re unable to detect the hidden racism, doesn´t mean it´s not there.
In fact, it´s totally racist! Let me give you an example:

If someone who learned playing TT in China as a kid and then moves to another country as an adult (let´s say Spain, to make this realistic) and has been living in Spain for several years and would receive a Spanish passport then he STILL woudn´t be seen as Spanish and also shouldn´t be allowed to play for Spain by following that logic! No matter the passport and whatnot. Pls keep in mind that he´s been paying taxes like everyone else and also helps to develop spanish youngsters.

Now try to explain how this is not racist! Good luck with that!

strangely this only happens in sports. Now exchange the TT with let´s say Computer programming. Someone from India would want to live and work in France but has learned programming in India. Would you also say he shouldn´t be able to become french and shouldn´t try to do what he can do best for the better of France? I don´t think so.

Okay - so its supposed to be just funny, I have no idea about where they were born, but if there were team women Germany it would be another China.
It is far from racist, but I dont take your opinion from you.
It was just funny to me, that no real american name there.
So if you are mad at me - sorry about that - but that is your point of view, I am not being offensive to anyone, I am just a guy who loves to laugh ;)
And that is all I do, no matter how mad you get, because, frankly, I dont care :)

That´s all you gotta say?? Your missing sensitivity is only topped by your ignorance!
You like to laugh a lot? Well, me too.... [EMOJI23]

Wtf are you talking ´bout, smartboy? You´re so blind, you don´t even see your own racism!
What would be an american name to you then? Miller, Shultz, Goldstein, Lundberg or Rodriguez?
If you still didn´t get it: THOSE ARE EUROPEAN NAMES!!!! If you wanted AMERICAN names they would sound like: Tecumseh or Tȟatȟáŋka Íyotake or Tashunka Witko or Goyaałé

Some people just don´t want to know how much racist they are!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Wow, some serious topics here :)
For me the situation is as follows: you should compete for the country in which you were taught to play. Within reason of course. I mean if you leave China after becoming a professional there and become a citizen of any other country I think it should be normal not to compete for this country.. Cause your sport achievements would be a result of your training in your first country(China in the example). I think in sports it should be as simple as that :) If you represent a country then you should have gotten more that a passport from it (I mean skills) to represent it too.
But that's my opinion and it has nothing to do with the US girls cause they are totally legit in this aspect :)
Whatever , let's watch how team Romania will fight the Chinese Taipei team)

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Trolls like to call people racists because it pisses everyone off, divides them, and starts fights. Even worse, it's off-topic in this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, Lily Zhang does not look like an American name (what should an American name look like?), does Kanak Jha? It is 21st century and how come people still judge people by their ethnic groups...

Thank you. Finally someone using his brain in here.

Trolls like to call people racists because it pisses everyone off, divides them, and starts fights. Even worse, it's off-topic in this thread.

And ignorants might be able to ignore everything. It wasn't me who started making racist remarks.

Maybe some persons who aren't victimized are unable to understand but i don't need anyone to tell me when to feel offended. Thank you!

Back to OP: luv the way Khanak played. Stefan and him must have been doing some excellent work in the last ten years.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Szocs is on fire and that fire has spread over on TTD.

Ishikawa almost caught the fire. Phew! Kudos to Meshref.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Even your example with Europe isn´t better. As long as they have an european passport, they are european with the same rights and obligations and responsibilities like every other european citizen! Simple as that.

Just because you´re unable to detect the hidden racism, doesn´t mean it´s not there.
[...]

Ok, I really would like to be out of this discussion. In Poland we have great national players born in China and i.e. I love seeing Li Qian live, playing league matches with our local team from time to time. Wang Zheng Yi is probably most like-able guy in our men's national team. I've met him few times - very friendly guy.

I was trying to show some nuances regarding specially women national teams in Europe. Does the situation show dominance of Asian players - yes (I have no problem with it - already explained), should national associations be focusing on developing strong players themselves - yes. This is all I want to say.

Suga if you want to detect racism everywhere ... go for it. Just don't be too zealous really.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
That´s all you gotta say?? Your missing sensitivity is only topped by your ignorance!
You like to laugh a lot? Well, me too.... [EMOJI23]

Wtf are you talking ´bout, smartboy? You´re so blind, you don´t even see your own racism!
What would be an american name to you then? Miller, Shultz, Goldstein, Lundberg or Rodriguez?
If you still didn´t get it: THOSE ARE EUROPEAN NAMES!!!! If you wanted AMERICAN names they would sound like: Tecumseh or Tȟatȟáŋka Íyotake or Tashunka Witko or Goyaałé

Some people just don´t want to know how much racist they are!

Thank you so much Suga D! :)
I wish you could see my huge smile that is on my face right now :)

You know - I find something funny and bang - now I am racist without knowing it..
Well thank you for your enlightment! :)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
It wasn't me who started making racist remarks.

I think the remarks leading to this stank to high heaven and that hiding behind the pretense of humour is a shameful ruse, but to pick the necessary nit here: I don't think they were racist. I think they were nationalist, another (and comparable) form of bigotry.

The nation of course being a different fiction from the notion of race. Both are baseless misconceptions, but hey, they are different misconceptions.

Last edited:

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Anyone still think this kid will beat Fan Zhendong?

Doesn't look much like it on that showing - probably very nervous. I'm more confident of Pitchford getting a medal in the Silly Hairstyle competiition though. :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Anyone still think this kid will beat Fan Zhendong?
Yeap anddd this japanese coach is completely stupid. First few Years ago he was alwayfor seyia quishiqawa who was loosing all the time. Now with this important tournament he pointed the kid who is too young for such event and Play like amateur