Which team do you want to win at the 2016 World Championships?

• China

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hong Kong

• Austria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sweden

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • France

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Yes, but that affects everyone. And I can't remember the last time I saw Boll lose to a lefty that wasn't Freitas. Lebesson usually has pretty illegal serves but still, this is Boll.

Lol I didnt blaim the facilities for boll's defeat

But not everyone is affected the same. lebesson is way under boll's level . I wasnt surprised that gauzy won but lebesson even if his serves are illegal is no match to my eyes. Anyway lets see, I want to see timo for a 2 years more or so

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Boll clearly is still very slow after his recovery. He is not 100% match fit by any means. On any other day, he would beat Lebesson. And he would also beat Gauzy. However Gauzy should put up more of a fight than Lebesson.

I just hope, for the sake of European table tennis, that Boll isn't at the beginning of his inevitable age related fall. I feel its too early for his decline. But his age is definitely not on his side when it comes to injuries. I just hope they stay away, at least to see Boll at the top of the game for another two years! IT'S NOT TIME YET TIMO!

says Pekan Olahra Raga Provinsi Jawa Timur Cabang Olah Raga...
Jan 2016
Read 2 reviews
Indonesia Team winning WTTTC 2016...

I voted for Indonesia because I see play well...!!!!
I choose Indonesia team ... because they play nice ..
and i want to be known Indonesian team in international events...

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
Jan 2016
Read 2 reviews
Please edit the first post: Japan (FUKUHARA Ai (c), ISHIKAWA Kasumi, ITO Mima, HAMAMOTO Yui, +1 I forgot lel)

EDIT: also someone's out from austria, so SCHLAGER WILL BE PLAYING !!!

I voted for Indonesia because I see play well...!!!!
I choose Indonesia team ... because they play nice ..
and i want to be known Indonesian team in international events...

:D :D :D :D :D

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Germany lost again! This time against England. Wowwww!!!

If they lost the last game against Sweden they will not advance through the next step of the competition.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Results Round 3

China 3-0 Chinese Taipei

Xu Xin 3-1 Liao Cheng-Ting
Zhang Jike 3-1 Chen Chien-An
Fan Zhendong 3-0 Yang Tzu-Yi

Japan 3-0 Poland

Yuya Oshima 3-0 Jakub Dyjas
Jun Mizutani 3-0 Patryk Zatowka
Koki Niwa 3-2 Daniel Gorak

Portugal 3-0 Singapore

Marcos Freitas 3-0 Pang Xue Jie
Tiago Apolonia 3-0 Chew Zhe Yu Clarence
Joao Monteiro 3-0 Poh Shao Feng Ethan

Results Round 4

Germany 1-3 England

Bastian Steger 2-3 Paul Drinkhall
Ruwen Filus 3-1 Liam Pitchford
Patrick Franziska 1-3 Samuel Walker
Bastian Steger 1-3 Liam Pitchford

Sweden 2-3 France

Anton Kallberg 2-3 Emmanuel Lebesson
Mattias Karlsson 3-2 Simon Gauzy
Jon Persson 3-1 Tristan Flore
Anton Kallberg 0-3 Simon Gauzy
Mattias Karlsson 2-3 Emmanuel Lebesson

Russia 3-2 Hong Kong

Grigory Vlasov 1-3 Wong Chun Ting
Alexander Shibaev 3-1 Tang Peng
Kirill Skachkov 3-2 Ho Kwan Kit
Alexander Shibaev 0-3 Wong Chun Ting
Grigory Vlasov 3-2 Tang Peng

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Germany lost again! This time against England. Wowwww!!!

If they lost the last game against Sweden they will not advance through the next step of the competition.

The group is tight for 3nd position. I presume we go to sets and then even points difference if the Group position is tied?

Have to imagine that France will beat Denmark tomorrow, and they will top the group with 5 wins. Then England should beat Malaysia, but by what margin? Let's be patriotic and say 3-0, so they'll end up on 8 points and +2 sets diff. If Germany lose to Sweden, then they're out, but even if Germany win then they'll be tied with England on 8 points. Germany currently have +1 set diff, so there's some room for Germany to win and still go out.

Unless it comes down to head-to-head...LOL.

Reactions: JooLoureno
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
France won the group.

So assuming that england will not lost his game against malasia....

... if germany won the game tomorrow it means that germany, england and sweden will have 3 victories and will be tied to fill the positions 2 and 3 and advance through the next phase.

But seriously...I don't know if this germany can beat this strong sweden tomorrow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
These upsets are making this World Championships interesting! Normally from group stage you know who will win each group, this is exciting! :cool:

Maybe for you, this WTTTC is making me tear my hair out.

1. Franziska! How on earth could you lose to Sam Walker??? Full respect to Walker but Franziska has beaten Marco Freakin Freitas in the WTTC and has been a top 20 player.

2. Boll! Why on earth can't you take care of yourself so that you don't have a cold?? Even with your current form, England should have been in the bag. Anyway, what kind of sorry ass excuse is a freaking cold for not showing up to the match?? Cricket players managed to play complete days with broken jaws, fever, back pain etc. A cold? Seriously???

3. DIMA!!!! Come back :( You playing a backhand push from the forehand side is cancer to my eyes and your grunting drives me up the wall but I miss you already.

This user has no status.
The group is tight for 3nd position. I presume we go to sets and then even points difference if the Group position is tied?

Have to imagine that France will beat Denmark tomorrow, and they will top the group with 5 wins. Then England should beat Malaysia, but by what margin? Let's be patriotic and say 3-0, so they'll end up on 8 points and +2 sets diff. If Germany lose to Sweden, then they're out, but even if Germany win then they'll be tied with England on 8 points. Germany currently have +1 set diff, so there's some room for Germany to win and still go out.

Unless it comes down to head-to-head...LOL.

So, basically, chances are England will go out on penalties again...:eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Portugal lost against Poland (How can this be possible!?! :( ) and if ukraine and poland won tomorrow and portugal lost it means that can be in the same situation as germany :(.

This will be the easiest WTTC in15 years for china to win.