Which team do you want to win at the 2016 World Championships?

• China

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Hong Kong

• Austria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sweden

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • France

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Portugal will end in one of the first 3 places of the group. I read in portuguese table tennis facebook that even with this defeat (and even if portugal lost tomorrow) Portugal will progress to the last 12 team knockout.

This user has no status.
Portugal lost against Poland (How can this be possible!?!
:( ) and if ukraine and poland won tomorrow and portugal lost it means that can be in the same situation as germany :(.
This will be the easiest WTTC in15 years for china to win.

do you really think that Portugal or Germany could be some difficulties for chinese team ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012

do you really think that Portugal or Germany could be some difficulties for chinese team ?

I believe that in this world cup there are only 4 players that can even imagine beating one chinese player.

They are:
-Samsonov - Lets not consider him anymore because belarus team is too weak and they will not progress. - But he lost one game yesterday....

-Marcos Freitas - lost two games today...

- Timo Boll - lost two games yesterday....

- Jun Mizutani - won all his games by 3-0. He is the only one in form that can think in win against one chinese guy.

The thing is that games could be more difficult to china if the top players are in good form....and we don't even need to speak about top players injured that quit the WTTC.

For me it would be great to see china lost one single match like two years ago, but this year is more complicated.

My hopes are now with Jun Mizutani.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Think strategically. The more even playing field will facilitate the fierce competetion within Europe champs and leagues, so as the result in a few years we may have more top 10 players from there. And if for whatever weird reason the new generation of Chinese supermen will not be as invincible as this one...

This user has no status.
I believe that in this world cup there are only 4 players that can even imagine beating one chinese player.

They are:
-Samsonov - Lets not consider him anymore because belarus team is too weak and they will not progress. - But he lost one game yesterday....

-Marcos Freitas - lost two games today...

- Timo Boll - lost two games yesterday....

- Jun Mizutani - won all his games by 3-0. He is the only one in form that can think in win against one chinese guy.

The thing is that games could be more difficult to china if the top players are in good form....and we don't even need to speak about top players injured that quit the WTTC.

For me it would be great to see china lost one single match like two years ago, but this year is more complicated.

My hopes are now with Jun Mizutani.

I don't totally agree. First FANG Bo is somehow weaker than the other 4, and then ZJK is recovering but still not at his best. So those 2 might lose a foreign player. I think Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong and Ma Long are way too strong.

Then among the players able to (not win but challenge) them, there is not just Mizutani. Actually Mizutani is doing very poorly against Chinese players. I've never seen him scoring more than 1 set... and because he's the best ranked player behind the Chinese, they know him way too well. I like Mizutani but i've learnt to not count on him anymore against the Chinese.

I am more thinking in Europe of Fegerl who is really playing well. In Asia, Yoshimura and Oshima are young and good, Jung for Korea is young and plays agressively too (but lacks power i believe). Joo might do well against a nervous Fang Bo or a poor ZJK as well. Won Chu Ting for HK is a young good player as well.

Gauzy and Lebesson have done very well so far in their group. They are full of confidence and might believe a miracle is possible, and believing is part of the equation...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
In Womens competition, China is cruising except that LI Xiao Xia is really struggling. She had to go to the 5th game against a few underdog opponents...i don't think we will see her in the second phase, nor in the Olympics alas. because she might lose to the likes of Ishikawa, Yang Haeun... thats how low she is today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Andy, you're faster than ITTF official website :) Well done England !!!

zeio beat me to the punch over at myTT though! I was frantically on the calculator all morning. If Germany had won 3-1, they would have gone through. It was that tight.

Reactions: Tom TTD and Kontra
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Forget what I said. Jun Mizutani lost his first game now! Amazing Joao Monteiro recover from a 2-0 to win 3-2 against Mizutani!!!

Just Amazing!!

--------------------------------------

And I don't know what's happening with Marcos Freitas. Since January he's playing very poorly and only sometimes he plays at the same level as last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: noelito3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
The Round of 16 has been decided now.
China, Korea Republic, Japan and France go straight to the quarterfinals.

Croatia - Sweden. 3/3 16:30 T1
The winner will play China in the quarterfinal.

Korea DPR - Portugal. 3/3 13:00 T3
The winner will play Korea Republic in the quarterfinal.

Austria - Hong Kong. 3/3 16:30 T2
The winner will play Japan in the quarterfinal.

Poland - England. 3/3 13:00 T1
The winner will play France in the quarterfinal.

France looks good for the semifinals, perhaps even the finals. It was a crucial win over Sweden yesterday.

Position 1-12 here: http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_event...our_Code=2587&Event_Type=mstm2&team_stage=112
Position 13-24 here: http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_event...ur_Code=2587&Event_Type=mstm2&team_stage=1324

Last edited:
Reactions: JooLoureno