Which team do you want to win the World Team Championships?

• Germany

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • China

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• Sweden

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
XX losing in counterlooping rallies. TO called by LGZ at 3:6 but XX denied it, against the rule for team event. Discipline coming.

This user has no status.
XX losing in counterlooping rallies. TO called by LGZ at 3:6 but XX denied it, against the rule for team event. Discipline coming.
If the coach says time-out it is the players right to turn down the time-out but it should still count as taken then and the right for a time-out revoked. Most likely this won't happen and I guess the referees did not see the coach asking for TO and maybe XX did not see it neither.

Jan 2018
The player can turn down a TO in individual events, say singles, doubles, and mixed. In team event, if the coach calls it, the players must take it. It's in the rules.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If the coach says time-out it is the players right to turn down the time-out but it should still count as taken then and the right for a time-out revoked. Most likely this won't happen and I guess the referees did not see the coach asking for TO and maybe XX did not see it neither.

Team rules, the player cannot deny. I don't think people saw it. It might also have been a suggestion from the coach since he didn't stand to make it visible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Congrats to Germany! 2 years ago, Dima not playing, Boll injured, they didn't get out of the first round. In this event, they used a true team effort to get to the Finals, with Filus coming up big against Brazil when Timo and Patrick were injured. Hopefully, this will eliminate the bad taste of 2 years ago as this had to be what they expected with Dima and Timo not 100% and with yesterday, it could have been worse.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
This is did not look the top seeds playing the second seeds. Germany had flashes of brilliance but failed to take it to the Chinese. It is very encouraging to see the new generation of German players are doing really well though. I wish it had gone on long enough for Filus to have had a hit. Next time!

Until then, congratulations China. A very well deserved win.

Reactions: huaweip9
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Great event. Wonderful experience. Makes one feel really good about the future of the game. Loved those incredible spectator numbers.

Out of curiosity, how much were the tickets? Let's say if someone wanted to be there for the entire tournament, how much would it cost? Tempted to go at some point, just for experience...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Out of curiosity, how much were the tickets? Let's say if someone wanted to be there for the entire tournament, how much would it cost? Tempted to go at some point, just for experience...
Guess I made it sound otherwise, but I watched this WTTTC in a comfy chair, sipping coffee and having some snacks :)
ps: lol nevermind, thought you quoted me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Oh dudes, what happened with this forum? A deafening silence at the closing of the World Table Tennis TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP??? Unbelievable quiet for such a big event... :-(

Reactions: Atas Newton