Wrist pain!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hey guys I've been practicing the backhand flip on the table alot. And recently its causing me some pain. I realised that my rubber blade combination is pretty heavy, after holding my other friends setups. (FH:tinarc5,BH:729-2, Blade:Clipper.) Could you guys suggest any excercise that help in strengthening of joints. Also if there are any vegetables or food products that help for joint pain. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
What baal said. Rest until it feels fine again, then continue training those flicks but with less intensity. No need for extra exercises imo. Over time you can increase the intensity. Our bodies are magnificent, they adapt to what they do -- just more slowly than one would want.

I had problems with tendons in my arm (noticed at the elbow joint) when i switched to a heavier setup but now I don't anymore.

This is all under the assumption that you dont have chronic wrist problems and the strain is only caused by the change to heavier setup

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Also if there are any vegetables or food products that help for joint pain. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

In case of pains, don´t ask for help in a forum, look for medical help. Your body is unique, and even if someone may have experienced "the same" problems under "the same" circumstances, chances are they are all but "the same".

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
LED photon therapy of near infrared LED and also far infrared heat wrap are excellent ways to stimulate more blood flow to the injury area, which brings healing faster. Tendons, especially in older players, do not normally receive a lot of blood so they heal slower. (Think ROTATOR CUFF shoulder injury) and many are chronic long term as they dont heal before you put too much load on them.

These devices are easy to find and purchase, and do not cost much money.

I can tell you my far-infrared heating device really sped up my recovery from a grade two rotator cuff tear. Look into it.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Let emphasize again. First step to getting out of a hole. Stop digging.

Later you can work on climbing.

says Aging is a killer
Just to report that I have been doing the wrist exercises as in the Dr Harrison video. The nice thing is they can be done even while sitting at my desk at work. Great results so far with far less wrist pain.
During TT practice, I use a wrist strap until I am all warmed up about 30 mins later. I then either lessen the strap tension or remove it entirely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
A not tight wrist band can help too. Fixing it totally is even better, though may not be an option because of work. I had wrist pain because of playing piano after a long break and it came back after two day rest. I fixed my wrist (my left wrist, I'm right handed) and let it heal for 5-6 days (it was fixed for only 2 days). Then begun to do exercises and now it's perfect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I'm just curious did you include icing along with your heat therapy?
Thanks

QUOTE=Der_Echte;188210]LED photon therapy of near infrared LED and also far infrared heat wrap are excellent ways to stimulate more blood flow to the injury area, which brings healing faster. Tendons, especially in older players, do not normally receive a lot of blood so they heal slower. (Think ROTATOR CUFF shoulder injury) and many are chronic long term as they dont heal before you put too much load on them.

These devices are easy to find and purchase, and do not cost much money.

I can tell you my far-infrared heating device really sped up my recovery from a grade two rotator cuff tear. Look into it.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk