• Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
i really like Jan Ove Walnder because of his playing stlye.. he plays very intelligent and has a great feeling for the ball! Also i like his attitude to tabletennis.. tabletennis is or was everything for him it was his life .. thatswhy he was playing so well.. if he lost you could really read his dissapoinment on his face.. and in the next match he beats his opponents because he learned from his mistakes;). I like Zhang Jikes Motto: Never give up without a fight but somehow i think that doesn't fit to him because he got some really weak phases where he doesnt seem to have fun. Feel free to flame me Zhang Jike fans :p

Reactions: Anders
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
i really like Jan Ove Walnder because of his playing stlye.. he plays very intelligent and has a great feeling for the ball! Also i like his attitude to tabletennis.. tabletennis is or was everything for him it was his life .. thatswhy he was playing so well.. if he lost you could really read his dissapoinment on his face.. and in the next match he beats his opponents because he learned from his mistakes;). I like Zhang Jikes Motto: Never give up without a fight but somehow i think that doesn't fit to him because he got some really weak phases where he doesnt seem to have fun. Feel free to flame me Zhang Jike fans :p
Zhang Jike's motto isn't "Never give up without a fight". It's mine!

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Maybe Zhang Jike has another motto that he hasn't shared - which is along the lines of 'pick your battles wisely and win the ones that really matter' )) I think its undeniable that he has won everything that really matters

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Maybe Zhang Jike has another motto that he hasn't shared - which is along the lines of 'pick your battles wisely and win the ones that really matter' )) I think its undeniable that he has won everything that really matters

While, Zhang Jike did say something to that effect, here are his exact words:

“冠军拿多了也不是不好,但是每个人性格不同,我只拿自己想拿的冠军,拿到最重要的冠军才行,否则拿一堆冠军也没用。就像如果拿不到奥运会冠军,其他的什么都没用。”——张继科

"It's not like it's a bad thing to win a bunch of champions. But, everyone is different in terms of personality, and I only win the titles I want, the most important ones. Otherwise, it's pointless to win a lot of champions. If you cannot win Olympic champion, all other titles would mean nothing." - Zhang Jike

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Thanks for that jkfanforever. Which is why I don't rate Malong. All flash, no cash. Never has up to now, delivered in the big titles that REALLY matter. I believe ZJ was telling Malong to know his place)))) ultimately, who is the world and Olympic champion? that is all people will remember 20yrs from now. Not some flashy fh strokes and wins in tournaments that don't matter.

While, Zhang Jike did say something to that effect, here are his exact words:

“冠军拿多了也不是不好,但是每个人性格不同,我只拿自己想拿的冠军,拿到最重要的冠军才行,否则拿一堆冠军也没用。就像如果拿不到奥运会冠军,其他的什么都没用。”——张继科

"It's not like it's a bad thing to win a bunch of champions. But, everyone is different in terms of personality, and I only win the titles I want, the most important ones. Otherwise, it's pointless to win a lot of champions. If you cannot win Olympic champion, all other titles would mean nothing." - Zhang Jike

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Thanks for that jkfanforever. Which is why I don't rate Malong. All flash, no cash. Never has up to now, delivered in the big titles that REALLY matter. I believe ZJ was telling Malong to know his place)))) ultimately, who is the world and Olympic champion? that is all people will remember 20yrs from now. Not some flashy fh strokes and wins in tournaments that don't matter.
I'm a Zhang Jike fan but i have to say Ma Long is a great players too. And 20 years from now people will remember both of them. They will remember Ma Long as the guy that have one of the best forms it table tennis. Table tennis is not just about the titles. Its also about the feel and the beauty of your style.
Also Ma Long's career is not ended yet. He is still 26 and he will be in 2015 and 2017 WTTC. He also have a good chance to be it 2016 Olympic games.

Anyway Zhang Jike is better than Ma Long in both style and number of the titles ;) He is just the greatest player of all time.

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
To be fair to Ma Long, he probably would have won a major title if he wasn't in the era/generation of the great Zhang Jike...

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
To be fair to Ma Long, he probably would have won a major title if he wasn't in the era/generation of the great Zhang Jike...
Not be sure about it. He never faced Zhang Jike in major titles. He lost 3 times in semi-final of WTTC to Wang Hao.
Anyway he still have chances to win a WTTC.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
No one mentioned Wang Liqin, Ma Lin or Wang Hao, I'm a big fan of these 3 guys !

I am a true Wang Hao fan! His serving and backhand is brilliant and I like his personality. He is a big part to China's team this year adding to the experience.

My other fan in table tennis is Bojan Tokic and Jun Mizutani. I really enjoy watching these to play.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm a fan of Zhang Jike because of his great playing style and attitude.

So this made me laugh. I think Zhang Jike, when he wants to show up, can play better than anyone else. I think his short game is the best in the world right now. I think he is the best player out there. But his attitude? But HIS ATTITUDE?????????? His attitude is completely problematic. Sometimes he goes to tournaments and just does not show up mentally. He has walked out of matches in the middle claiming injury when most others would keep playing and try to play through it. I still remember the turmoil that was caused when Zhang Jike did not shake Ma Long's hand after a match where Ma Long kicked his ass inside out. Now I thought he did not do it on purpose. Others thought he did. But, it was, no matter how you slice it, an indication of a bad attitude.

Zhang Jike's attitude is, in fact, SO BAD that he got kicked off the Chinese National Team as a junior in spite of being one of the best junior prospects at that time. They let him rejoin the CNT after two years of punishment. And he is still a bad boy with a serious attitude problem.

In an interview, after he won his first world championship, he was asked if he thought the older players like Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Wang Liqin would move into roles of leadership on the team as they got older. He said only he would be a leader on the CNT.

You like his attitude?????? Like anything else about him. Laugh about his attitude. But, don't tell me you think he has a good attitude and that is why he is your favorite player. Now I am left wondering what kind of kaleidoscope you are looking through as you see the world.

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
So this made me laugh. I think Zhang Jike, when he wants to show up, can play better than anyone else. I think his short game is the best in the world right now. I think he is the best player out there. But his attitude? But HIS ATTITUDE?????????? His attitude is completely problematic. Sometimes he goes to tournaments and just does not show up mentally. He has walked out of matches in the middle claiming injury when most others would keep playing and try to play through it. I still remember the turmoil that was caused when Zhang Jike did not shake Ma Long's hand after a match where Ma Long kicked his ass inside out. Now I thought he did not do it on purpose. Others thought he did. But, it was, no matter how you slice it, an indication of a bad attitude.

Zhang Jike's attitude is, in fact, SO BAD that he got kicked off the Chinese National Team as a junior in spite of being one of the best junior prospects at that time. They let him rejoin the CNT after two years of punishment. And he is still a bad boy with a serious attitude problem.

In an interview, after he won his first world championship, he was asked if he thought the older players like Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Wang Liqin would move into roles of leadership on the team as they got older. He said only he would be a leader on the CNT.

You like his attitude?????? Like anything else about him. Laugh about his attitude. But, don't tell me you think he has a good attitude and that is why he is your favorite player. Now I am left wondering what kind of kaleidoscope you are looking through as you see the world.
I didn't mean his attitude to others. I mean his mental power in important matches. Unlike others he will never get nervous.
Also i'm agree with you about those points. He is surely a bad boy but is not important for me because i see him as a player not a person that is going to be my idol.

Last edited: