Zhang Jike & Timo Boll Knocked Out of Korea Open 2016!

Have China made a mistake choosing Zhang Jike for Rio Olympics 2016?

• Yes! Should have been Xu Xin or Fan Zhendong

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • No he will bounce back!

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Zhang Jike's days are over!

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This ZJK loss seems very in line with some of ZJK's issues throughout his career. In 2011, leading up to the WTTC, LGL was having his coaches work on getting him to start his matches better because there were so many matches where he was down 2-0 and 3-1 before he woke up, started playing and stole the match. It looks like this match with CCA falls right into that pattern except, CCA didn't fold and actually came through in spite of the fact that it went to deuce in the 7th.

As far as I'm concerned, it would be interesting to see some upsets when the Olympics come around. But I am not going to bet on them happening.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Lots of interesting comments on this thread, and this is also true about ZJK's pattern.

And in that regard, Andy Smith's remark about ZJK, "shows up at big events -- until one day when he doesn't" is also possible.

But then the idea that the CNT is using these events as training vehicles to try some new stuff against real opponents is certainly possible.

So at least there is the possibility of something interesting. I guess this is why they actually play the matches.

Overwhelming odds are that Ma Long wins. But it might be nice to see some new players on the podium.