This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
This how you figure it out , navigate to the Tournament home page from ITTF.com and check on the schedule for "Tomorrows matches" , copy paste the times from there on google and say "Korean time to <your local timezone>. Hope this helps ....
are the rest of the matches today ?, streaming is not working even if it read LIVE on it

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Poor Fang Bo. His shous made him crazy and get mentally destroyed. Great play by Flore, I'm sure when Ma Long go home firstly he will analyse Flore's services. ML clearly enjoyed that someone (who isn't his teammate) could give him hard time.
Had absolutely nothing to do with his shoes and everything to do with over anticipating and getting caught by FZD changing direction.

People forget that Yuya Oshima did something similar last year. It's really comes down to good serves and decent power. You have to win the first game as Ma Long is too good at front running against players who are not used to him (not CNT).

Flore lost his confidence later in the match but it is okay. His play over the last month has been very encouraging and I hope he does not lose this level after his serves have been dissected.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Had absolutely nothing to do with his shoes and everything to do with over anticipating and getting caught by FZD changing direction.

People forget that Yuya Oshima did something similar last year. It's really comes down to good serves and decent power. You have to win the first game as Ma Long is too good at front running against players who are not used to him (not CNT).

Flore lost his confidence later in the match but it is okay. His play over the last month has been very encouraging and I hope he does not lose this level after his serves have been dissected.

I wanted to say with 'his shoes' that he slipped multiple times, MANY times, even at critical points. It's so frustrating when you feel that you can reach the ball and then ...no. Not once, not twice, many times. And he missed some easy shot, what is also depressing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I wanted to say with 'his shoes' that he slipped multiple times, MANY times, even at critical points. It's so frustrating when you feel that you can reach the ball and then ...no. Not once, not twice, many times. And he missed some easy shot, what is also depressing.

Okay. We can agree to disagree. Fang Bo tried to pivot a lot on a better player and paid the price. That is my view and I am sticking to it. He would have slipped with better shoes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Okay. We can agree to disagree. Fang Bo tried to pivot a lot on a better player and paid the price. That is my view and I am sticking to it. He would have slipped with better shoes.

I also think its the main reason that he lost to ML in WTTC. Fang bo's BH is really good but maybe he is afraid to go BH BH against the top chinese and trusts his FH more, cause I dont think he is stupid enough to always pivot I always try to find the reasons behind decisions like this and I cant think anything better than that.

All round rally is the way to go in modern TT if you dont have BH BH FH FH and transitions ur done

One thing I noticed is that many time he tries to "out tempo" the opponent with fast/slow pushes and then finish the point with a killer FH. He did that to ZJK and it worked really well, what do you guys think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I also think its the main reason that he lost to ML in WTTC. Fang bo's BH is really good but maybe he is afraid to go BH BH against the top chinese and trusts his FH more, cause I dont think he is stupid enough to always pivot I always try to find the reasons behind decisions like this and I cant think anything better than that.

All round rally is the way to go in modern TT if you dont have BH BH FH FH and transitions ur done

One thing I noticed is that many time he tries to "out tempo" the opponent with fast/slow pushes and then finish the point with a killer FH. He did that to ZJK and it worked really well, what do you guys think?

Initially, FZD was falling for it, but over time, he started expecting it more, and started playing the ball down the line more. FB never slipped when he just moved to the ball, he slipped when trying to pivot and got caught when the ball was not going where he expected. There is nothing wrong with playing the way FB played and in fact, against a better player, you have to take risks, but if you pivot, you are taking risks - he wasn't pivoting on strong shots expecting weak returns, he was pivoting to use his forehand even when he had played ordinary serve or shot to FZD. With ZJK, I don't believe WTTC ZJK was 100%. They are Super League teammates so FB should have little chance if both are 100%.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
What an amazing match Flore vs Ma. Always fun to see an under dog get within reach. The Chinese are so good at keeping mentally tight even when they are down.

What I couldn't understand is how Flore was getting god-like spin which Ma put off the table so many times. The spinny serves and BH's were totally underestimated by ML on many points. It didn't make sense really as ML deals with spin from the top players all the time.

Never seen that serve before. It's quite a theatrical performance...that seems to work well.

My question is - so now that your technique is on video for analyzing and deconstructing, does he now have to change his serve as people adapt to it? I suppose at that level you only get points off new and funky serves for a limited time.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
What an amazing match Flore vs Ma. Always fun to see an under dog get within reach. The Chinese are so good at keeping mentally tight even when they are down.

What I couldn't understand is how Flore was getting god-like spin which Ma put off the table so many times. The spinny serves and BH's were totally underestimated by ML on many points. It didn't make sense really as ML deals with spin from the top players all the time.

Never seen that serve before. It's quite a theatrical performance...that seems to work well.

My question is - so now that your technique is on video for analyzing and deconstructing, does he now have to change his serve as people adapt to it? I suppose at that level you only get points off new and funky serves for a limited time.

I think its the first time they meet so even for ma long its hard to read perfectly serves from an opponent you have never met before, especially when those serves are really good, its not a matter of godlike spin but deceive. High toss serves can disturb your synchronization a lot in the receive, even mizutani who the chinese have studied so well has fooled them many times, its just that in highlights videos you cant see that, watch full matches of him and u will get the point

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Yeah the high toss is a tricky one. I also counted 8 spinny backhands in the match that ML put off the table. It might not sound like much but for a 100 ranked player to do that to ML - impressive. Not only his serves and spinny BH but the points that Flore played from 8-8 in game 5 to win game 5 were very well played. I was shocked at the quality.

I was impressed that the the umpire called a serve fault too for throwing the ball into the body. Have they started to implement the rules?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think so , I think they have even come up with different hand signals to call different service faults. The video I saw was pretty good ... not entirely sure though when it came out ...

What I found most impressive was that he was able to control the speed against ML. Most players can't , he manages to force the opponent to his speed.

One of the advantages of the high toss serve is since the opponents timing gets thrown off a little , they are force to take the serve later and hence you can essentially control the speed. It makes sense that Samsonov does that too ...

But this guy has a very all round game and I am hoping that he will be able to further refine his technique and tactics and we will have another mouth watering rivalry to look forward to.

With Zhang Jike losing in the first round, ML - FZD losing the doubles , I am waiting for Chen Chien An to beat ML . That will really ensure that CNT coaching has sleepless nights from here on ... to the medal ceremony in Rio :)
Yeah the high toss is a tricky one. I also counted 8 spinny backhands in the match that ML put off the table. It might not sound like much but for a 100 ranked player to do that to ML - impressive. Not only his serves and spinny BH but the points that Flore played from 8-8 in game 5 to win game 5 were very well played. I was shocked at the quality.

I was impressed that the the umpire called a serve fault too for throwing the ball into the body. Have they started to implement the rules?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

He did exactly the same server again and was not called the second time.

BTW the video to monster refers to is really old. The ship has sailed on serve rules until we get serious ITTF leadership.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
He did exactly the same server again and was not called the second time.

BTW the video to monster refers to is really old. The ship has sailed on serve rules until we get serious ITTF leadership.

He got warned doing a different serve as his usual, i think it was a hook serve he was faulted on.

But jea he did that serve about three times.