This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
Hello!

I have been reading a lot of forums to select the components of my first custom racket, and decided to become a member of this one, and ask for the final touches.

About me: Shakehand beginner, playing some matches during the week, no coach, but willing to learn. Currently playing with a premade DHS 2002, with PF4-1 on both sides.

One detail: since in Brazil the imported stuff would be overpriced, I decided to buy it all from Aliexpress, so I’m focusing on brands like DHS and 729/Friendship.

Blade
I read that it is good to start with a 5-ply allwood, ALL/OFF-, to learn to control and feel the ball. Correct?

Based on that, I’m very inclined for the DHS Power G2, but I would like to hear some opinions:
/item/Free-shipping-DHS-POWER-G2-PG2-PG-2-Loop-Attack-OFF-Table-Tennis-Blade-for-PingPong/32641592359.html

/item/Free-Shipping-DHS-POWER-G2-PG2-PG-2-Loop-Attack-OFF-Table-Tennis-Blade-for-Ping/1365575408.html

*It says it is an OFF blade, but for what I read, DHS OFF would be an ALL~OFF- comparing to other brands.

FH Rubber
I read that learning with a Chinese tacky rubber is good because it forces and rewards you to make proper strokes, as well as reading the spins (if not, you get punished). I liked this idea, and I like the tacky feeling of my PF-1. I would like to hear some opinions on it.

I read good things about DHS PF4 (thick/middle thick?):
/item/Original-DHS-PF4-Table-Tennis-Rubber-dhs-table-tennis-racket-racquet-sports-simple-hurricane-3-for/32357520440.html

And I see that Friendship 729 Super FX is very recommended as well (1.8mm/2mm?):
/item/Free-Shipping-RITC-729-Friendship-SUPER-FX-729-GuoYuehua-Red-Pips-In-Table-Tennis-Ping-Pong/931634748.html

BH Rubber
I am more confused on this one. I read that it would be good for a beginner to get the same rubber on both sides, or at least, not very different ones. But it seems that tacky rubbers are not indicated for BH. Wouldn’t it be confusing to start with tacky on one side, and non-tacky on the other?

I considered PF4 for FH and 729 Super FX (1.5mm/1.8mm) for BH, since they seem to be similar, and I would get to know both of them. What are your opinions on it?

Friendship Focus III Snipe seems to be a more backhand oriented (soft, non tacky), and it seems to be well recommended:
/item/RITC-729-Friendship-Focus-III-snipe-Focus-3-Attack-plus-Loop-Pips-In-Table-Tennis-Rubber/32832266133.html

*It seems this one uses a different degree measurement, so 42° would be like 38°?

Glue
DHS No.15?
/item/DHS-VOC-FREE-Water-solubility-Bond-Water-Glue-50-ml-Professional-Table-Tennis-Water-Glue/32749211597.html

* I am not allowed to post links, so the references /item/… can be pasted after you enter aliexpress.

Other alternatives for all the items are more than welcome.
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Blades: DHS PG7, PG5, Magician M03, Yinhe MC2, Sanwei Fextra....all around 20$

Rubbers: Palio Hadou 40+, Palio AK47 Red....each around 10$

This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
Hi, if you're tight on a budget I recommend you Yinhe blade and rubbers, Yinhe E3 blade is a good option, I tried and it's awesome! About the rubbers you should choose same rubbers for fh and bh, ie. Yinhe mercury 2/3 are good options

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for the input!
Not quite on a tight budget. Is it a condition to go for the Yinhe ones or are they better then the ones I posted?
Yinhe E3 seems to be quite similar to the DHS PG2, have you had any experience with these DHS Power-G blades to compare the overall quality of them?

This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
Blades: DHS PG7, PG5, Magician M03, Yinhe MC2, Sanwei Fextra....all around 20$

Rubbers: Palio Hadou 40+, Palio AK47 Red....each around 10$

Aren't 7-ply and carbon blades not recommended for beginners?
Do you think PG2 would not have the same quality as PG7 and PG5?

Palio Hadou 40+ seems to be not very tacky, would it be good for BH with one of the ones I posted?
Palio AK 47 Red looks like a good alternative for the Focus III Snipe on BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I think it all depends on the feeling of the blade, I have tested the ones I've posted...good feeling, not so fast, maybe the fastest is Fextra, the ones I liked most are PG5 and DHS M03.

About the rubbers, the Palio Hadou is slower in short game, the ak47 is faster when blocking and slow topspin.

I have several students using this rubbers and they dont struggle learning, the same for the blades I posted.

I use them myself, great rubbers.

This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
Hey, thanks all for the suggestions.
Really liked the Palio AK47 suggestions from you guys, so I'm going with it for backhand, the yellow one.

As I said in my first post, I really like the tackiness of my PF4-1, so I'm sticking with the tacky rubbers and going for a H3 Neo.

This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
Palio blue is good. Personally I'm a huge fan of battle ii by 729, yinhe moon speed and yinhe blades are fantastic . I have got a t14 pro and it's awesome. However very quick

Nice, one more vote for AK47!
I saw that blue is softer, red harder, and yellow is in the middle, so I`m going with yellow first to develop a reference.

Regarding Battle II, It appeared a lot in my searches for tacky rubbers, some say it is even better than H3, but again, since H3 is so popular, I`m starting with it to get a good reference too.

Any specific reason for you to be using H3 Neo over Battle II?

Last edited:

This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
all I can say is you need the biceps of Shwartzeneger to make a killer shot with it.

Hahaha
That looks like a good incentive to practice the "power from the ground"thing :)

Battle ii is faster, more reactive, same spin on brushes more spin on drives it's like a h3 upgraded.

Nice, than H3 Neo should be better to starters like me

This user has no status.
Hahaha
That looks like a good incentive to practice the "power from the ground"thing :)

Nice, than H3 Neo should be better to starters like me

Personally I am using h3 neo currently it's perfectly good... Just because for me using my yinhe ALC blade battle was a bit more reactive than I wanted. Either is fine and won't make a huge difference

This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
Personally I am using h3 neo currently it's perfectly good... Just because for me using my yinhe ALC blade battle was a bit more reactive than I wanted. Either is fine and won't make a huge difference

Thanks for your input, passifid.

The rubbers are set:
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Palio AK47 Yellow

I am now reading reviews of DHS Power G7, that OrienteTT recommended.
Lots of people saying that it is actually an OFF- blade with good control, so it should be fine.

It is actaully cheaper then the PG2 I wanted. But I`m still between PG2, PG3 and PG7.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
DHS PG blades are not even worth considering the amount they charge. Get a Yinhe T11+ blade with limba outer-ply.

I've tried PG7, PG12 and PG5 and out of all the 3 I liked PG5 to the extent that it was good for mid distance play and service returns were inside the table. PG7 was a dead waste and PG12 was even worse.

Last edited:

This user has no status.
L

This user has no status.
Yinhe W6 / E3 / N11s

I took ALL of your suggestions into consideration and I’m sold on Yinhe blades.
Curious about why none of you suggested W6. I found that this is one of the most popular and well reviewed blade from them.
I really liked what I read about this one, but there this one thing that is bothering me:
Found quite a few posts from Der_Echte saying that it is a great blade, BUT, would feel like a brick with H3N.
Could anyone help me with why such a good blade would behave that way? Maybe Der_Echte himself could help me with this one?

Would E3 and and N11s behave the same way?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I took ALL of your suggestions into consideration and I’m sold on Yinhe blades.
Curious about why none of you suggested W6. I found that this is one of the most popular and well reviewed blade from them.
I really liked what I read about this one, but there this one thing that is bothering me:
Found quite a few posts from Der_Echte saying that it is a great blade, BUT, would feel like a brick with H3N.
Could anyone help me with why such a good blade would behave that way? Maybe Der_Echte himself could help me with this one?

Would E3 and and N11s behave the same way?

W6 is slower than N11s is slower than E3. I’ve played with Chinese rubber on N11s and it’s not that bad, but I really suggest Euro-clone rubbers such as AK47 for these blades. To be fair, I’m not sure using anything other than composite blades with H3 would be a good idea. I heard it gets much better if you boost it, but never done it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk