Best ESN rubber 50 hardness and above

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I have been playing with tibhar mxp50 on my forehand on joola aruna off blade. I love the rubber. It has a lot of control and is very fast. Moreover, it is so easy to counterloop with it and love the low throw. But sometimes it doesnt grip the ball properly and there is some ball slippage on occasions.

Can you guys please recommend any similar esn 50 degrees or harder rubbers with similar characteristics but with a more grippy topsheet and no ball slippage.Thanks guys looking forward to your recommendations.

Thanks.

Last edited:
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Hi,

I have been playing with tibhar mxp50 on my forehand on joola aruna off blade. I love the rubber. It has a lot of control and is very fast. Moreover, it is so easy to counterloop with it and love the low throw. But sometimes it doesnt grip the ball properly and there is some ball slippage on occasions.

Can you guys please recommend any similar esn 50 degrees or harder rubbers with similar characteristics but with a more grippy topsheet and no ball slippage.Thanks guys looking forward to your recommendations.

Thanks.

Andro Hexer Powergrip is pretty good.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
esn 50 degrees or harder rubbers with similar characteristics

This is not as easy as it looks, since Evolution is from "the last generation" and most of the harder rubbers released afterwards are from the "thin topsheet, thick sponge" recipe. From the previous ones, bluefire M1 turbo comes to mind, but I don´t think it would be grippier, and forget about Joola Maxxx 500 ...

So while I get good feedback about the hard versions of GEWO Nexxus and Joola Rhyzer pro for example, the characteristics would possibly be not as similar as you´d like them to be.

But speaking of GEWO, you could give HYPE XT 50 a try.

And also, according to the first reviews, Stiga DNA H seems a candidate? It is also a rubber with a thin topsheet, but it seems different from others and doesn´t have a max+/maxx/ultramax/whatever more than max sponge.

Last edited:
Xiom Omega V Asia /50deg/, Omega VII Asia /52.5/ and Omega VII Tour /55/.
Omega V Asia has a harder top sheet and higher throw, though the throw result depends on style and control.
Omega VII Asia has a harder sponge and softer top sheet, faster and with lower throw. The sponge has the same lifespan as OVA, but the top sheet is much more durable and keeps the grip, no slippage at all.
Omega VII Tour is with the hardest sponge, the top sheet is similar to Omega VII Asia. Tour is more difficult to play with and is for high level players.
My advise is Omega VII Asia.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I practiced against a modern defender playing with Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 50 Hard yesterday, and found his counterspins much tougher to handle than before. Had a few hits with it, and my first impression is that it's an excellent rubber.

A bunch of high level players in France have switched to Nexxus or Hype and seem to like it too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Will gewo nexuss el pro 53 with one layer of booster to get it to the right hardness be a good option? Quadri aruna seems to be using it too.