Blade/Rubbers for 5yr old

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
My daughter is starting to get into Tabletennis more seriously and I’d like to get her a nice blade and rubbers.

I know very little about kids equipment. Hoping to get some recommendations from coaches that have works with 5-6 year olds. Cost is a secondary concern.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
If donic still has blades for kids i say take it. I am sure her hand is small. I think the blade is called youngstar. Pair it with yinhe mars 2 or any slow chinese rubbers that are maybe at 2.0mm thick.

Mars from what I rememer has a very low throw. Would something like moon or focus 3 be better or do you think lower thow is the way to go? I too have been giving some thoughts to building someting or my 9yo and 5 yo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
If donic still has blades for kids i say take it. I am sure her hand is small. I think the blade is called youngstar. Pair it with yinhe mars 2 or any slow chinese rubbers that are maybe at 2.0mm thick.

If it´s not going to be Chinese, we gave Tibhar Rookie 1.8 mm to beginners, to progress via Rapid 2.0, then Genius, on Samsonov Premium Junior blades for the little ones and Premium Contact regular for larger hands/older kids.

Persson/Waldner Youngstar is still available and Twingo or Liga rubbers should go with them nicely, if there is an advantage to order from one brand only.

Wouldn´t worry about "throw" ...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
If it´s not going to be Chinese, we gave Tibhar Rookie 1.8 mm to beginners, to progress via Rapid 2.0, then Genius, on Samsonov Premium Junior blades for the little ones and Premium Contact regular for larger hands/older kids.

Persson/Waldner Youngstar is still available and Twingo or Liga rubbers should go with them nicely, if there is an advantage to order from one brand only.

Wouldn´t worry about "throw" ...

I think I would prefer to go non-Chinese route. However, Tibhar Rookie isn't available at TT11. Any thoughts on the Vega Intro in 1.5mm? I will look into the Liga

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I think I would prefer to go non-Chinese route. However, Tibhar Rookie isn't available at TT11. Any thoughts on the Vega Intro in 1.5mm?
Ask cole at colestt and check gambler. The latter have chinese made american designed (I doubt they are american made) rubbers affordably priced with great performance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Mars from what I rememer has a very low throw. Would something like moon or focus 3 be better or do you think lower thow is the way to go? I too have been giving some thoughts to building someting or my 9yo and 5 yo.

For a 9yo, seeing how good the 10yo kids at my club are, I would just go with a regular beginner setup, the same setup as an adult beginner. Kids at this age can really play.

For a 5yo, in the other hand, I would just go for the lightest possible. My 4yo niece likes to play with a blade without rubbers that I have, just because it is lighter.

Butterfly have those XXS handles for Primorac and Boll Allround. Might be good, never saw one in person.

Ask cole at colestt and check gambler. The latter have chinese made american designed (I doubt they are american made) rubbers affordably priced with great performance.

The thinnest vega intro will also do fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Sanwei m8 with vega intro 1.8 both, with a good coach.. perfect

Very good for a beginner until intermediate.. just change the thickness after have a good development

Just remind, don't take a soft sponge, slow development

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
anything light, EU style and inexpensive. Like stiga allround and palio ak rubbers. I don't think I'd use those pre-made bat's if you plan to start more serious training. My 5 y.o son plays with my old blade and palio rubbers and no problem for him and no problem for me if he hit's the edge of the table from time to time

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
anything light, EU style and inexpensive. Like stiga allround and palio ak rubbers. I don't think I'd use those pre-made bat's if you plan to start more serious training. My 5 y.o son plays with my old blade and palio rubbers and no problem for him and no problem for me if he hit's the edge of the table from time to time

seems like a lot of the suggested rubbers aren’t available in the US. Probably going to go with the Vega Intro in 1.8mm even thou the prices are high for a 5 yr old

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
seems like a lot of the suggested rubbers aren’t available in the US. Probably going to go with the Vega Intro in 1.8mm even thou the prices are high for a 5 yr old

yes, I imagine to get palio rubbers locally would be a problem. You can buy (or better to say everyone does) them from Aliexpress

For my 6 yr old girl I set up a Sanwei M8 with kokutaku blutenkirche 868 training rubbers. Cheap and cheerful

If he is in the US he can get the M8 with rubbers on it already at megaspin.