Boosting H3 Neo .. national version needed?

says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
Oct 2020
Hey folks!

I wanna try the H3 boosted.
People say the national version goes best with boosting.

But they are so expensive like 80-100$ ...

so is national version really needed ? or can I have good results with the com. version as well ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Hey folks!

I wanna try the H3 boosted.
People say the national version goes best with boosting.

But they are so expensive like 80-100$ ...

so is national version really needed ? or can I have good results with the com. version as well ?
Have you ever played with tacky rubbers?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Then go for the commercial version first. You cant play the same way with a hurricane 3 than with a tenergy rubber on the forhand.
Go for smth like 2,1/2,15 thickness and 40 degree hardness. Then boost it like 2-3 times depending on the booster.

Little advice: checkout how the chinese play forhand topspin and copy their technique as good as you can. Otherwise you wont have much fun playing with it.

Oct 2020
Thanks alot dude!

Got a site where to buy there rubber ? cuz most sites only say h3 neo .. nothing about hardness/sponge color..

I´ll go for the HaiFu Seamoon booster I think.. with the rev. no 3 glue. What do u think about that ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
There's significant bounce difference between the regular h3 and provincial/national as far as I've heard. The provincial should probably be fine for most. That's the one I would Try if I had to try one. H3 neo provincial in black with blue 39 degree sponge.

Hybrid rubbers like 09c could also be more up your Alley, if you find that you Don't like H3.

Joola Golden Tango PS, Yasaka Rakza Z and Xiom Vega China have been said to be like better versions of boosted H3 National I think. Though I don't think they're nearly as tacky.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Oct 2020
Cool thanks for the site.

Some people said the blue sponge might start to bubble faster..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Buy that one at 15-16USD, when you select it, you need to select also the thickness and the hardness

Buy this one, I already bought 2 black, 40, 2.2mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL9ZtKB

If you play with Dignics, buy it at 38-39° and if you don't have chinese technique in generating power and spin, I would recommend you to continue with Dignics, otherwise this rubber will give you a dead and slow feeling. The national version is even worse for a non-pro.

Oct 2020
wow 15$ is a pretty good price! are u sure this is not a fake ? I´ve never seen such a cheap price before on any site...
Really insane if legit.

My FH tech is pretty good and I wanna test the H3 boosted there.
If I dont like it i´ll stick with the dig for sure its good rubber.. but costly

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Yep some said the blue sponge h3 dies after some days when boosted.. idk :s
Hmm, almost all the pros plays with blue sponge on the forehand, and since they would get disqualified for boosting extra than what comes from factory, they most likely don't boost as many people says.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
For a ESN user, having never tried a chinese rubber, all chinese tacky rubbers need to be boosted even the softer ones.

For an european player, having played only with tensor rubbers, chinese cheap rubbers like Kokutaku (8usd for two rubbers on AliExpress) aren't so different from DHS Hurricane 3/Neo 3 national or commercial. They all have the same feeling: hard and rigid sponge, dead feeling and they are very tacky, which decrease their speed and even the spin on soft touches. What makes them special? They don't have a speed limit, if you hit hard, they are bombs, if you hit slow, with short movements, the ball won't even reach the net. They won't help you if you don't help yourself, they have 0 tolerance for errors, that's why you will have a better technique if you learn with them.

If you buy them for short term improvement in your results, chinese rubbers are a waste of money, no matter what the brand and the version. You need patience and a lot of work, otherwise you'll say that they are the worse rubbers.

I started playing for fun 2 years ago (33 years, completely NOOB level), after a couple of months I made my first combo with a pair of 2 Kokutaku 868 and I improved a lot. In the summer of 2019 I've switched for Rakza 7 and Rakza X and for a month I felt like a god but after 3 months I felt that my technique didn't improved anymore. So now I'm using a combo of tacky Neo 3 on forehand and non tacky ESN on backhand. I have 2 setups which are good for tournaments but I have also a training setup with a 5usd blade and 2 rubbers Kokutaku 868 for less than 8USD. All these setups are from AliExpress and I spent less than 80 usd on them.

I'm still a begginer on amateur level, but I can tell you that using expensive equipment won't improve your technique.

Here I have some recent videos playing for fun with my friends (I play penhold, rare thing in Romania):

https://youtu.be/gB0rCltC3Sw

https://youtu.be/VgmbWsPcX-8

https://youtu.be/v70ThDrlJjg

And here you have some good videos about rubbers

https://youtu.be/jFe9CiNSX_c

https://youtu.be/YkdAxfA_3wE

This user has no status.
Hmm, almost all the pros plays with blue sponge on the forehand, and since they would get disqualified for boosting extra than what comes from factory, they most likely don't boost as many people says.

Sry but this is utterly nonsense. Get your information straight before giving advice to people trying to play with chinese rubbers.

I usually buy the stuff from AliExpress. There are many suppliers who have different thickness and hardness for your choice.
Boosting with haifu seamoon is good. You should head for around 3 thin layers:
Boost directly on the neo sponge, let it dry. Then go for another layer after around 24 hours.
When the layer is dry, put a layer of glue onto the sponge. When this one is dry, head for the last boosting layer. Until this moment the rubber should be already domed.
After another 1-2 days you should already glue the rubber to the blade if needed. Otherwise you can some more days so the rubber can undome itself a bit.

Hf experimenting with the chinese rubbers. If you get a hand for it and like to play this way, then you should try the provincial/national versions of the rubbers. They are more consistent and general from a higher quality. The boosting outcome is usually a bit better too.

Reactions: Aurelian Mihai
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Sry but this is utterly nonsense. Get your information straight before giving advice to people trying to play with chinese rubbers.

I usually buy the stuff from AliExpress. There are many suppliers who have different thickness and hardness for your choice.
Boosting with haifu seamoon is good. You should head for around 3 thin layers:
Boost directly on the neo sponge, let it dry. Then go for another layer after around 24 hours.
When the layer is dry, put a layer of glue onto the sponge. When this one is dry, head for the last boosting layer. Until this moment the rubber should be already domed.
After another 1-2 days you should already glue the rubber to the blade if needed. Otherwise you can some more days so the rubber can undome itself a bit.

Hf experimenting with the chinese rubbers. If you get a hand for it and like to play this way, then you should try the provincial/national versions of the rubbers. They are more consistent and general from a higher quality. The boosting outcome is usually a bit better too.
Please don't be rude. Instead try to inform people if you think they're wrong. I mean not only slightly bash me, but you could also use the great oppotunity to help me get my facts straight? :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Please don't be rude. Instead try to inform people if you think they're wrong. I mean not only slightly bash me, but you could also use the great oppotunity to help me get my facts straight? :)

No problem.
So you claim that pros like FZD, Ma Long, Lian Jingkun, etc dont boost their rubbers because it is illegal.
The fact that boosting is illegal is correct. Any change to the rubber after it comes from the factory is forbidden.

The legal limbo we have here is, that boosting with haifu or tlb is undetectable and ittf hasnt yet found any way to do otherwise.

But still that doesnt proof that pros are boosting!
What does proof it is the look of their rackets. If you check ingame footage or videos (preferable in HD, otherwise you cant quite see that in closeup) you gonna see the signature way a boosted rubber looks. If the lighting is reflected from their forehand rubbers you see domed/slightly curled edges and you gonna see the pimple structure of the rubber. If you have a new unboosted h3 you wont be able to see the pimple structure like that. Unboosted they are quite closer and nearly unable to see.

Finally, i am sry for being "rude". But using your superficial knowledge to help someone isnt quite helpful or nice either.

Last edited: