PDA

View Full Version : Stiga to release new blue sponge rubber?

TTHopeful
03-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Stiga Table Tennis just posted this photo which captioned, "It's time to show you the rubber that will dominate the Table Tennis scene this year! Are you ready to experience something completely new when it comes to sponge and surface technology? Then experience STIGA! And just remember that Power is in the Air!"

i wonder what they will name this rubber?

What do you think of this? Discuss!

Tony's Table Tennis
03-17-2014, 12:10 PM
I think there is way too many models under 1 brand.
So confusing for consumer - new rubber every 6 months - and not EOL old stuff too

massa
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
It looks pretty much like Donic Bluefire's sponge

MDanielCRO
03-17-2014, 12:22 PM
It's time for them to make something good, because calibra rubbers suck

Anders
03-17-2014, 12:29 PM
It's time for them to make something good, because calibra rubbers suck

HAHA! I can't agree with you on that, they doesn't suck, but they ain't as good as for example, Donic, Butterfly or Andro rubbers.. They ain't :p

But I think STIGA is going to make a good rubber in this one.. They have struggled since the SG ban, and now it is time for them to step up and make a really good rubber. It's only a matter of time when STIGA will be back in the rubber buisniess :)

vvk1
03-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Donic should sue them for colour copyright infringement :-)

Anders
03-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Donic should sue them for colour copyright infringement :-)

How about DHS? Haha, I don't think you can copyright a sponge colour :p

Just the same situation would come up between Butterfly and Tibhar, regarding the red''ish sponge haha

Alborz
03-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Its probably for new plastic balls. Probably faster and spinier than current rubbers.

TTHopeful
03-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Stiga have just commented on the photo/rubber that it is made in Japan so I doubt it might be somewhat different from Bluefire as it's not an ESN sponge. Rumours speculating that this rubber will be called Airoc and will come in 2 models. This is just what I have read elsewhere.

Pingpongin'
03-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Stiga have just commented on the photo/rubber that it is made in Japan so I doubt it might be somewhat different from Bluefire as it's not an ESN sponge. Rumours speculating that this rubber will be called Airoc and will come in 2 models. This is just what I have read elsewhere.
Where did you read this

Tony's Table Tennis
03-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Where did you read this

Its on Stiga's social media, not a secret

UpSideDownCarl
03-19-2014, 12:55 PM
The color of the sponge only reflects that they put a different color dye in the formula. They can make the sponge any color they want. If it is a good rubber it will be good regardless of the color of the sponge. If it is the same old stuff with a new color for the sponge, then it is just marketing.

Anders
03-19-2014, 01:53 PM
The color of the sponge only reflects that they put a different color dye in the formula. They can make the sponge any color they want. If it is a good rubber it will be good regardless of the color of the sponge. If it is the same old stuff with a new color for the sponge, then it is just marketing.

Finally someone that understands the reality in this crazy rubber colors! :p

I think the color of sponges now are just a matter of fasion and trying to make an image! But both DHS and Donic amongst others already have this blue sponge profile, so why not pick a different color? Why not pink, or brown or purple or gold? I know many of them are already in use.. But yeah, it feels kinda mainstream and not for the sake of creating a really good rubber, but for the sake of doing what everyone is doing..

millle398
03-19-2014, 04:58 PM
They'll problaby name it Calibra blue V1, V2, V3

Alborz
03-19-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't think the color of sponge is for fashion. Most of the time it is because of the booster that manufacture apply on the rubber.
Anyway, a shining red sponge will be great!

Anders
03-19-2014, 10:03 PM
I don't think the color of sponge is for fashion. Most of the time it is because of the booster that manufacture apply on the rubber.
Anyway, a shining red sponge will be great!

In that case, why is the Tenergy sponge some kind of red, and the Rasant sponge green? And Donic Traction Pink/yellow, or Xiom black?

Alborz
03-20-2014, 05:36 AM
In that case, why is the Tenergy sponge some kind of red, and the Rasant sponge green? And Donic Traction Pink/yellow, or Xiom black?
Maybe because of the booster that factory applies on sponge. But it can be just marketing.

Vardant
03-24-2014, 02:13 PM
OCS sponge technology (Oxygen Capsule System) increases catapult effect without changing the spin ratio.
We have formulated the air pockets within the sponge to with stand the strongest attacks while providing
enough spring to go offensive on demand. This allows aggressive players to maintain the same spin/speed
proportions they have always enjoyed. The key to this evolutionary advancement is the delicate balance
between the size of the air pockets within the sponge and the elasticity of the top sheet.

Alborz
03-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Those rubbers seems to be pretty fast! Donic used the same technology in their FD3 series. And i think DHS has used that in their Neo rubbers.

TableTennisDaily
04-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Stiga Airoc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVNaTlfhZc

TableTennisDaily
04-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Stiga Airoc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVNaTlfhZc

mahomedy13
04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Got a feeling this 1 will be their best marketing strategy that will fool many people into buying stiga.But maybe im wrong.This might prove to be one of their best rubbers yet.

vvk1
04-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Got a feeling this 1 will be their best marketing strategy that will fool many people into buying stiga.But maybe im wrong.This might prove to be one of their best rubbers yet.

Looks like it's working on at least one person ;)

Dan
04-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Stiga HQ in Beijing today checked out the latest Stiga Airoc rubbers.

Liu Guoliang

Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

mahomedy13
04-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Stiga HQ in Beijing today checked out the latest Stiga Airoc rubbers.

Liu Guoliang

Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

i wonder if they are gonna change to airoc and stop using chinese rubbers.And im waiting for dhs to produce rubbers for the new poly ball.

Amayzde
04-27-2014, 08:36 AM
i wonder if they are gonna change to airoc and stop using chinese rubbers.And im waiting for dhs to produce rubbers for the new poly ball.

They will definitly not stop using chinese rubbers and I think they will try is as a backhand rubber because all sheets they got are red.

Alborz
04-27-2014, 10:38 AM
They will definitly not stop using chinese rubbers and I think they will try is as a backhand rubber because all sheets they got are red.
Not only because they are red. Also because CNT players were always using tacky not bouncy rubbers on forehand and none-tacky bouncy rubbers on backhand. And i think this new rubber is a none-tacky bouncy one.

SquareBall
04-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Wow really observant you are !!