German superstar Timo Boll is on go ahead to play in the Chinese Super League 2011 this year. Boll will be joining the Hangzhou Nirui Table Tennis Club. Along side him will be Ma Lin and Hao Shuai of China. It is said Timo Boll will be playing 6 league game matches however some reports have said he will be playing most of the games.

bolltop12.jpg

Photo: http://www.spox.com/

The salary is said to be 1 million yuan which is the equivilent to $150,000 for the expected 3 months of play.

When Boll use to play in the Chinese Super League back in 2006 he reported hyperthermia a number of times. The venues were not air conditioned, however the new venues in the league of 2011 will be air conditioned for the star.

Timo Boll had this to say "I see this as an ideal start to the preparation of the Olympic season. In my last guest, I appreciate especially the enormous training hardness. I'm going to play in a strong team, "said the No. 2 in the current world rankings. At the Club in Hangzhou, the capital there are 6.8 million inhabitants of the province of Zhejiang, in addition to Timo Boll, Olympic champion Ma Lin and Hao Shuai (17th in the world rankings) are under contract. (Source: Sports2Business)

Please hit the share button at the top of the article to share to your facebook guys and spread the word on Timo Bolls ventures to China!

Do you think this is good preparation for Timo Boll in the Olympics 2012? Perhaps Chinese players may get use to his game and can use this to learn how to play him? Discuss below :)