Tenergy 25 compared to Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
We have seen Next Level's vids each week (at OOAK and sometimes here) and we have seen him play all the shots needed for both those ranges at a 2000+ level, although he is clearly a much better player close to table.

Thanks for the kind words, bro. Seriously, T25 was recommended to me when I was playing around 1700 level. The guy who recommended it felt it would help my close to the table game seriously. I kinda thought about it but couldn't find any players using it so I never took it seriously.

One of my practice partners used it for a while and I borrowed his blade to play a match since I forgot my paddle at home. I was like WTF - it felt like I had picked up bizarro paddle - nothing was happening the way I expected it to given my high spin game. The angles I had to use were so open that I just gave him back his paddle after a few points and then borrowed another paddle with bluefire m2 on it, which I proceeded to dust off my opponent with.

Then when I was around 1800, someone tried it and gave me his sheet after he went back to 05. I stuck it on a blade and hit with it for a couple of days. It was so good at controlling incoming topspin that I was tempted. But then I tried to loop away from the table, started slapping the ball to get pace, and decided that while there was a technique for this rubber, it was unlike any rubber that I usually played with. And I wasn't going to change the way I played just to use a rubber that I knew no other rubber that played quite like it.

Trust me, it would have been heaven to find a rubber that made my close to the table game better while supporting even my strokes just 1 meter from the table. I could give up lobbing and chopping for that since that is no part of my game. But to step a foot back and to feel weird with a paddle - that only happened with T25 - it didn't even happen with Hurricane or Big Dipper or Globe 999 Chinese rubber. No need for that shyte.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Trying to put a positive view of the thing, which is hard because I dislike the rubber, maybe some women players who play fast from close in use T25? Women don't usually get mentioned in the threads on what top players use, and I can't say I know of any who use it. By the way, T25FX is not too bad on BH side for some people, but it plays very differently from T25.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The main person people talk about is Adina Diaconu. She is a Romanian prospect who uses T25 on FH and T25 FX on BH.

Here is John Bozi's video - you can see his stroke selection to get a gist of what T25 feels like in the hand of a looper. To quote Bozi:

" After a week I found I had to kill everything - so it didn't suit me. table tennis rally tenergy 25 fx 05 64 ishlion blue whale 2 Timo Boll Spirit
Brian Pace reveals tenergy 25, but I reveal it differently."

Reactions: BeGo
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
You know who the top European girl cadets are and also what rubber they use? That is the definition of a fan.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You know who the top European girl cadets are and also what rubber they use? That is the definition of a fan.

Nah - this came out of the T25 thread on mytt where pnatchwey was slapping the ball over the net in his video to prove to me that you can loop with T25. Someone referred to her so I googled her and saw the same upward looping and smashing game that I couldn't live with.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Nah - this came out of the T25 thread on mytt where pnatchwey was slapping the ball over the net in his video to prove to me that you can loop with T25. Someone referred to her so I googled her and saw the same upward looping and smashing game that I couldn't live with.

It was me ! :) And Adina Diaconu is the Junior Girl European champion (from the recent EYC 2015). 3rd European single title in a row in Junior and Cadet categories and 10th European title with team and doubles. But it's true she has a strange style/loop form though.

"
quote_box.png
rajd1234 wrote:

I was really curious about T25. Has anyone tried it? Why no professional player use it?

Response : Well, not a "top player" but Adina Diaconu (ROU) plays with T25 on FH and T25FX on BH."

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would take the lifetime supply and figure out something to do with it even if I didn't play with it. But it is true, I wouldn't want to use them either. Hahaha.

Sent from my Go-Go Phone using Tenergy-talk

I absolutely could NOT in good conscience do that.

Now if BTY sends a Goon Squad after me for no good reason, then everything is all fair in "love + war".

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I absolutely could NOT in good conscience do that.

Now if BTY sends a Goon Squad after me for no good reason, then everything is all fair in "love + war".

Hahaha.

In good conscience, you couldn't give them to kids who can't afford new rubbers? I have a friend who would give them to kids in the Dominican Republic who really can't afford new equipment.

How about making a rubberized floor in your apartment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Pnatchwey back with his big words...when he learns how to 'loop' in its correct context,then his advice will be appreciated...just saying
I can loop just fine. You are a biased idiot. You see only what you want to see and are totally clueless. You ignored an earlier post where I was looping when making 3rd ball attacks. My percentages were much better than bogeyhunter's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
No one has been able to tell us HOW T25 PLAYS DIFFERENTLY AWAY FROM THE TABLE? I don't see how T25's properties can change as a function of how fast away from the table it is.

I want the so called experts to explain this. I know they can't.

This I know. There is no force or impluse you can generate with other rubbers that you can't generate with T25. It will take a different stroke but one can achieve the same trajectories with T25 as with T05.

I like T25 but I would not buy it again. Like I said above there are other rubbers that can do the same thing that cost much less.

I would use T25 if it was much cheaper. I can return the most severe chops and hit with the high speed with T25. It is a a real shocker when I twiddle and block a hard loop with my T25 on the BH instead of my LPs. The T25 ball comes back fast with topspin. The LP block comes back slow with back spin. The opponent must adapt, quickly.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have seen Bogeyhunter live and he is every bit the 2200-2300 level player he has been the last few years. I am a very solid looer and I can tell you up front, it is very difficult to loop 4-5 in a row vs him. He knows how to chop heavy and vary the spin.

As for his attacking ability, when he choose, he can step around and loop it like a regular inverted attacking player.

I think I saw the same vid Pnchy is referring to where bogey posted a vid of 3rd ball attack and he was really off sync that vid. That is not his normal standard. Bogey is not afraid to post any vid, good or bad.

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I can loop just fine. You are a biased idiot. You see only what you want to see and are totally clueless. You ignored an earlier post where I was looping when making 3rd ball attacks. My percentages were much better than bogeyhunter's.
Your percentages are shaky.when you say you loop,and 90% of the other people say you don't,then to me that clearly is an indication of a fault lying somewhere,and it all points in your direction.

Reactions: BeGo and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
BTW, one of the sad things about TT coaching is that some coaches are willing to take your money while not improving your game. In PNUT's case, that is probably a good thing. As they say, a PNUT and his money are soon parted. I guess that is what happens when PNUT takes lessons from some coaches. They realize that they can't help him, but since he is paying the money, they let him do as he pleases.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Agree with Sebas.

On paper, Tenergy 25 similar to Bluefire JP series.

Blocker Looper
Butterfly Tenergy 25

Driver
Butterfly Tenergy 64 FX

Driver Looper
Butterfly Tenergy 80
Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX
Butterfly Tenergy 64

Looper
Butterfly Tenergy 05

Non Chopper
Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Why do you say that it is similar to bluefire JP?

This user has no status.
Why do you say that it is similar to bluefire JP?
In a sense that it is good for block and loop style, which was why I am agree with Sebas, back then,

1 year 3 months ago. [emoji6]

Sent from my S5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl