Tibhar Evolution MX-P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Question: "I am looking for a good all wood blade that is 5 ply and not too fast. Hopefully the blade costs less than $120.00 (USD) Can anyone help?"

Reply: "Try the Jun Mizutani Super ZLC it is really fast!"

Wait, all wood, not too fast, JM SZLC??????

I've actually seen that one.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

If a $400 blade isn't good enough for everyone, what is? You just don't know what you are talking about, and that's the bottom line.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If a $400 blade isn't good enough for everyone, what is? You just don't know what you are talking about, and that's the bottom line.

Now I think I've done it and the goon squad is after me again. I'm going to need help from the DC and Philly Mafia to avoid them because the trap door in the entrance to the secret hideout is having some maintenance done on it.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
In theory that sounds good but that is not how the development of table tennis skills in conjunction with table tennis equipment actually works.

A player at a lower level who uses a fast composite blade and the high end tensor type rubbers can hinder his ability to develop certain techniques because that kind of equipment does not help you cultivate your touch and feel for the ball. With that kind of equipment a mid level player is likely to plateau at a level where he does not get enough spin on the ball because that kind of racket makes all your shots feel good even when your contact is bad and the ball goes back fast when you mess up even though it doesn't have good spin.

Higher level technique is all based on the ability to feel the ball and hold the ball on the racket (touch), so, touch and feel. And using a racket that is a rocket launcher and thinking you are just going to get used to it, well, you will, and anything slower will feel too slow, but you will have a much harder time developing higher level technique with a racket that doesn't help you feel the ball and does not allow you to hold the ball on the blade surface for longer (dwell time). So, with a high level racket, you are actually encouraged to bang the ball instead of spinning the ball.

This remains the case until players are at, approximately, a semi-pro level where their technique is good enough and their contact is precise enough to keep the ball on that blade face and rubber for longer with one of those harder, faster blades.

Rubbers, you can get used to a rubber like Tenergy at a lower level, but, if you are using them, you should be spinning the ball or making a real effort to learn to spin the heck out of the ball if you are using something like that. Tenergy or some of the faster/spinnier Tensor rubbers will not be a good fit if you are just driving the ball without learning how to spin and make brush contact of varying depths.

One way to tell if your rubber is not so great for you is this: If an opponent 1 level higher than you can make you miss his serves just because of the kind and amount of spin he is putting on the ball, then you probably want a rubber that has more control and is less reactive to spin until you have learned how to read spin and counter spin better.

So, for an intermediate level player, an example of a good setup for developing table tennis technique and skills would be something like this:

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (5 ply all wood blade in the Off- speed range)
FH rubber Xiom Vega Pro (older version of tensor rubber with good control and good enough spin to learn to spin the ball effectively.)
BH rubber Xiom Vega Europe (very similar to FH rubber but a bit softer for the touch of the BH stroke).

I could replace the blade with several others in its speed category. Same with the rubbers. But it gives you an idea of what someone who is not at a semi-pro level yet should be using.

I wish I saw a post like this when I started to play! Good info. With this blade and rubber I would pick 2.0 thickness i think.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Now I think I've done it and the goon squad is after me again. I'm going to need help from the DC and Philly Mafia to avoid them because the trap door in the entrance to the secret hideout is having some maintenance done on it.

I helped you out by printing a large banner in Goon Squad SECRET CODE (that only Goon Squad understands from HQ... shhh. Don't let on that I cracked their code) The banner decoded reads as such and leads to the secondary slide entrance to the basement septic tank.
"DC and Philly teams, free cold beer down here"

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
IMG_20160522_235721.jpgIMG_20160522_235740.jpg

<3 <3

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Are any of the Evolution rubbers close to Tenergy 05 FX?

Tenergy 05 has (on average) 47 degrees hardness. Tenergy 05-FX is 4 softer aka 43. (this is all according to standard euro degrees)
MX-P is 45,7-47,7
EL-P is 42,2-44,4
FX-P is 39,1-41,1

So, I would guess the most similar to T05-FX is EL-P. FX-P seems a bit too soft... However I am not too sure how much of a difference the top sheet does to the feel compared to same sponges. But I would go for EL-P. Unless you want it softer than T05-FX.
NB: EL-S will be inbetween EL-P and MX-P
and FX-S will be inbetween EL-P and FX-P. And I've heard they won't be like the MX-S with softer sponge.

Reactions: russell
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is EL-P a softer and a bit slower version of MX-P? I mean throw angle, bounciness and top sheet grip are about the same?

No, it is not. EL-P is the standout rubber from the series as it has its own topsheet.
FX-P and MX-P have the same topsheet, but a different sponge hardness.
EL-P's hardness is in the middle of these two, but its topsheet is more stiff.

As for the MX-S and the upcoming EL-S and FX-S, there is also a different formula that applies.
EL-S and FX-S have the same topsheet but not the same as MX-S.

So the Evolution series has 4 topsheets spread over six rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Tenergy 05 has (on average) 47 degrees hardness. Tenergy 05-FX is 4 softer aka 43. (this is all according to standard euro degrees)
MX-P is 45,7-47,7
EL-P is 42,2-44,4
FX-P is 39,1-41,1

So, I would guess the most similar to T05-FX is EL-P. FX-P seems a bit too soft... However I am not too sure how much of a difference the top sheet does to the feel compared to same sponges. But I would go for EL-P. Unless you want it softer than T05-FX.
NB: EL-S will be inbetween EL-P and MX-P
and FX-S will be inbetween EL-P and FX-P. And I've heard they won't be like the MX-S with softer sponge.

The topsheet of El-P is quite stiff. I haven´t played with 05fx much but I think FX-P is the closest in overall feeling, albeit softer as you said.

Reactions: russell
No, it is not. EL-P is the standout rubber from the series as it has its own topsheet.
FX-P and MX-P have the same topsheet, but a different sponge hardness.
EL-P's hardness is in the middle of these two, but its topsheet is more stiff.

As for the MX-S and the upcoming EL-S and FX-S, there is also a different formula that applies.
EL-S and FX-S have the same topsheet but not the same as MX-S.

So the Evolution series has 4 topsheets spread over six rubbers.

Not good news at all :-(

I was thinking about an a little bit softer version of MX-P with similar characteristics.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have player with MX-P on both sides. It is darn good. I have tried EL-P and FX-P. To me they all feel good. I could use any one of them. But EL-P would take more getting used to because of the different topsheet. It is good rubber. It just feels a bit different than MX-P and FX-P.

Right now I actually have T05 and T64 on my blade. But on my next change of rubber I will have MX-P and FX-P on there. Then I will be able to have a better judgement about FX-P.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

I have player with MX-P on both sides. It is darn good. I have tried EL-P and FX-P. To me they all feel good. I could use any one of them. But EL-P would take more getting used to because of the different topsheet. It is good rubber. It just feels a bit different than MX-P and FX-P.

Right now I actually have T05 and T64 on my blade. But on my next change of rubber I will have MX-P and FX-P on there. Then I will be able to have a better judgement about FX-P.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Can I get a nice arc with EL-P the way I get with MX-P and M1?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Not good news at all :-(

I was thinking about an a little bit softer version of MX-P with similar characteristics.

If you select the lightest available sheets you should get a good solution.

Despite that, you will surely be able to get a nice arc out of EL-P, too. It is still a topspin rubber, even if it is more suited to the direct counter/block/smash game than the other Evolutions.

You may also want to wait for the FX-S ... It has considerably less catapult than MX-P, but in passive game that's a pro. Spin and speed capabilities are exceptional. I think the EL-S will be a real beast, but the FX-S is still controllable and doesn't feel like a soft rubber at all.