Bty Petr Korbel (Hungary) vs Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You should get the softer one. I already said that. [emoji2]

In fact I think the goon squad may already be after you for asking the same questions so many times. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
One more word, if you do choose Nexy Karis-M, beware because the goon squad will come hunting you down for sure. They really want to get their hands on Nexy Karis-M and we have done a pretty good job of thwarting them from attaining their goals.

So just keep an eye out for suspicious characters trying to heist your new setup if you get Nexy Karis-M

Well, in this case, the Goon Squad is the international customer base.

About a month or two after we started stocking Nexy Karis M in USA (Might be right after the positive and negative buzz) we couldn't keep it in stock for very long. Especially the Black Karis M in Max. It was like the internet said it was magic, it outsold red 3:1

Then there was a cry for 2.0 sponge for Karis M, I cant keep that in stock either. Even Korea is out of it for another few weeks.

I got exactly ONE sheet of red Karis M of 2.0 sponge in my Nexy Ruck in my Audi... Oh crap, I let out where it is, the Goon Squad is gunna get it for sure. Heck, the Boston Goon Squad broke in my Volvo to get the Arirang and another blade in along with my ruck back in 2015...

Nexy Korea told me they never anticipated such an international demand for 2.0 sponge. I have the last three sheets of M+ black that exist on the market for a month...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
One more word, if you do choose Nexy Karis-M, beware because the goon squad will come hunting you down for sure. They really want to get their hands on Nexy Karis-M and we have done a pretty good job of thwarting them from attaining their goals.

So just keep an eye out for suspicious characters trying to heist your new setup if you get Nexy Karis-M

Please don't tell me goon squad are der, Baal, qwerty, and the others...

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

You are catching on pretty fast, but if you do not disable the location setting on your smart phone 10 minutes after you stash it in the rucksack of a stranger going the opposite way, you can pretty much give it up.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Enough of the Goon Squad.

Karis M is outstanding vs incoming topspin and you get exactly what you put into it, very linear performance.

You are a candidate for a modern control OFF rubber. Every company makes one of these, like Tibhar Genius and so on. They usually cost less than the top of the line. I middle speed flexy blade is appropriate to learn from. Once the fundamentals and impact are there, it is time to discover what will work for your style, that is what blade and rubber make it easier for you to do what you do most, which is giving you the most control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Enough of the Goon Squad.

Karis M is outstanding vs incoming topspin and you get exactly what you put into it, very linear performance.

You are a candidate for a modern control OFF rubber. Every company makes one of these, like Tibhar Genius and so on. They usually cost less than the top of the line. I middle speed flexy blade is appropriate to learn from. Once the fundamentals and impact are there, it is time to discover what will work for your style, that is what blade and rubber make it easier for you to do what you do most, which is giving you the most control.
You're completely right, the issue now is, how long lasts it? And where but it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You're completely right, the issue now is, how long lasts it? And where but it?

When you first use it, it feels really sharp. But it becomes duller in a week or two but still remains spinny. Some people don't like the loss of the feeling of grip but I have gotten used to it since I know play exactly the same with 3 month Karis as with brand new Karis, the 3 month Karis just looks as if a dog licked the topsheet to death. But I play exactly the same with both, people don't complain that I lack spin with either on serves or pushes or anything. But some people look at the 3 month version and think I am pulling a worn-inverted trick. Far from it.

The thing about Karis is that because the sponge is relatively slow, many people think that something is wrong when they are looping the ball 100mph at you and you are not blocking the ball 10 feet off the table. People who are used to looping me into errors get frustrated when I play them with Karis control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
When you first use it, it feels really sharp. But it becomes duller in a week or two but still remains spinny. Some people don't like the loss of the feeling of grip but I have gotten used to it since I know play exactly the same with 3 month Karis as with brand new Karis, the 3 month Karis just looks as if a dog licked the topsheet to death. But I play exactly the same with both, people don't complain that I lack spin with either on serves or pushes or anything. But some people look at the 3 month version and think I am pulling a worn-inverted trick. Far from it.

The thing about Karis is that because the sponge is relatively slow, many people think that something is wrong when they are looping the ball 100mph at you and you are not blocking the ball 10 feet off the table. People who are used to looping me into errors get frustrated when I play them with Karis control.
Three months using it every day? Or just 3 times to week, or just once per week?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Three months using it every day? Or just 3 times to week, or just once per week?

Look, you are going to have to stop letting that gerbil on its wheel make your mind jump around.

3 months of NextLevel playing once a day has more impact and wear on a rubber than 3 months of everyday from someone at your level or even mine. The depths and power of his impact will create a lot of spin AND pace which also means they will wear the topsheet much faster than the kind of impact you make.

Add to this that NextLevel plays 5-8 days a week 5-26 hours a day, and 3 months of his impact could very well equal 18 months of yours.

Be satisfied that he is saying it may not look fresh and new but it still plays well and lasts a long time. Remember, many players NL's level change rubbers every 4-6 weeks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've tried to find a Primorac made in Japan but can't, tt11 doesn't sell and dandoy-sport didn't answer, megaspin either, someone knows where can I find it, please?

Dominus, go read the other thread with the other guy with the same silly ideas about a Japanese Primorac. Read it:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/podcast/15379-butterfly-blades-similar-to-primorac-jp/

And then just get a Primorac.

I don't believe you guys can buy the ones that were meant to be sold in Japan. But why do you think they are different. Have you been reading more silly wives tales. (Or are they EJ tales).

Butterfly makes it so distributors cannot sell products across regions. So a distributor from Japan is not supposed to sell to Europe. And a distributor from Europe is not supposed to sell to USA.

Butterfly distributors who do not adhere to Butterfly's rules get dropped quickly. This is how Butterfly fixes prices for different regions.

But the blades really should not be different regardless of what region you get them from.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way I'm getting used the waldner senso carbon, just need to pair with slower rubbers, by the way, can't find the next Katy m, out of stock....

Clearly you did not understand why, at your level you really should be using an all wood blade.

It is a shame that this thread has gone around in circles the way it has for all this time, it has gone on for 5 pages, and still you are chasing your tail in circles.

Oh well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Clearly you did not understand why, at your level you really should be using an all wood blade.

It is a shame that this thread has gone around in circles the way it has for all this time, it has gone on for 5 pages, and still you are chasing your tail in circles.

Oh well.
Hahaha, I know why, I'm getting used doesn't means that I'll play forever with that setup, just till arrive the new setup, Primorac w/ friendship ritc and yinhe moon soft

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hahaha, I know why, I'm getting used doesn't means that I'll play forever with that setup, just till arrive the new setup, Primorac w/ friendship ritc and yinhe moon soft

Okay. Good. Good luck.

Reactions: dominus7