CNT Closed Training for WTTC 2017

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes I am still scratching my head why FZD and ZJK lost 0:4 to ML and XX. Any opinions ??

Kind of hard to say without watching the actual match. With ZJK you always think about injury issues these days.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Yes I am still scratching my head why FZD and ZJK lost 0:4 to ML and XX. Any opinions ??

As they train and play regularly with each other, I don't think that this has an important meaning.
We know that ZJK isn't at his best even after rehabilitation and ML is very strong both technically and tactically. XX must working hard to don't get replaced and FZD still is not No.1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
New pics from TableTennisWorld Weibo account.

New coaches and their players.

595543cdly1ffbd230tevj21jk16hkjl.jpg
595543cdly1ffbd27ledaj21b51jk1ky.jpg
595543cdly1ffbd2brnitj21ak1jk1ky.jpg
595543cdly1ffbd2invmtj21jk0z47wh.jpg
595543cdly1ffbd2sbnnlj21jk1cu1ky.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
The money/connections discussion sounds funny to me, especially with the list of numerous top CNT players coming from no TT background and not rich family. If one is gifted, people will invest money on him/her and if one is really good, people will build up connections with him/her. Is it difficult to admit that the talent is the foundation of success?
"People" I referred include "provincial teams", which is the most important factor in early career of the players. There are stories of money/politics in certain Chinese provincial teams but richer/stronger provincial teams don't care about the players' TT background and money and no one in CNT can get major titles because of money and connections.
I've mentioned that Ma Lin, Li Xiaoxia, Ma Long and Liu Shiwen are from family without TT background. Actually they have one more thing in common. They are all from Liaoning province but were ironically kicked off Liaoning provincial team and picked up by Guangdong, Shandong, Beijing and Guangdong respectively. Obviously Shandong and Beijing team can provide better resources to Li Xiaoxia and Ma Long compared to Liaoning. The teams made the investment based on the players' potentials and got paid off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
http://sports.sohu.com/20170506/n492022151.shtml
Liu Guoliang commented on the matches.
On Ma Long: He felt the problem (new ball) was solved after some training after Asian Champs. However, he lost two warm-up matches. He began to worry about the problem again. In this match, obviously the new ball did not affect him. It is the mindset, being positive or negative, that makes the difference.

On Fan Zhendong: He did not start as quickly as Ma Long. The whole game was controlled by Ma Long. Fan Zhendong should not get trapped into Ma Long's game. Be prepared to get something like 1-2 in the first three sets. The more eagerly he tried to attack, the more changes came from Ma Long.

On Liang Jingkun (Lin Gaoyuan led 3-0 and Liang Jingkun came back 3-3. In the deciding set, Liang Jingkun started with 4:0): In recent years, he did play well sometimes but lost a lot of matches he should not have lost. He still has problems to make reasonable decisions, use FH effectively and control the game.

On Lin Gaoyuan: His FH is still weak.

On Xu Xin: His BH attack improves a lot. The issue is why his BH is effective during the training and intense warm-up matches, but not in major tournaments.

On Zhang Jike: Maybe the recent training is too tiring. He seemed lost and lack of inspirations. No matter how good the player is, now matter how high level he has, mind controls techniques. His biggest problem today is his mind did not control his body. What he played was not what he expected. The previous warm-up matched were aimed to help Zhang Jike find the confidence. In the late stage of the closed training, speed and toughness will increase. At his best days, the bigger the pressure, the more difficulties faced, the higher he jumped.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
@rainneverever I seem to recall that the Chinese sporting system also provides kickbacks to coaches of Olympic champions, i.e. when Ma Long or Zhang Jike for example got their Olympic medals their former coaches got bonuses. This completely removes any incentive to bribe youth coaches..

What do you guys not get. rain said that ML, FZD, etc had no tt background. There family's weren't coaches or players and they didn't have anything to do with the sport. Moreover FZD started playing cuz he needed his tuition waived so that shows the money and politics involved with his career.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Zhang never enjoyed playing lefties, when he was announced to play chen-chien-an in rio he got a little scared even. And physical condition may have played a role as well.

Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The money/connections discussion sounds funny to me, especially with the list of numerous top CNT players coming from no TT background and not rich family. If one is gifted, people will invest money on him/her and if one is really good, people will build up connections with him/her. Is it difficult to admit that the talent is the foundation of success?
"People" I referred include "provincial teams", which is the most important factor in early career of the players. There are stories of money/politics in certain Chinese provincial teams but richer/stronger provincial teams don't care about the players' TT background and money and no one in CNT can get major titles because of money and connections.
I've mentioned that Ma Lin, Li Xiaoxia, Ma Long and Liu Shiwen are from family without TT background. Actually they have one more thing in common. They are all from Liaoning province but were ironically kicked off Liaoning provincial team and picked up by Guangdong, Shandong, Beijing and Guangdong respectively. Obviously Shandong and Beijing team can provide better resources to Li Xiaoxia and Ma Long compared to Liaoning. The teams made the investment based on the players' potentials and got paid off.

No one said otherwise about taalent. But its definitely not the only deciding factor. You seem to confuse what has been explained, no one gets titles because of connections and money or politics. You need the whole package , thats all Im saying

Money,talent,hard work, dedication, quality training, specific environment, backing resources, decision making skills, coaching staff etc etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
What you did not get at all is that the money put onto the top CNT players and connections to the best coaches/sponsors are NOT from their family. They only need some exposure to the TT class where their talents can be identified. And TT class is cheap, or even free in kindergarten/primary school/the break room of parents' company, in big cities and in small towns.
The CNT players are affiliated with their provincial teams and they spend a lot of time each year in their provincial teams and league teams when CNT is dismissed. The provincial teams put huge money on top players and the provincial teams do have connections. The coaches of some provincial teams are on advisory board of CNT; some are former CNT players. But again, it is investment and return; the provincial teams pour resources on their best and hope to send them to CNT to become better and win medals for the provinces and nation. Nothing to do with where and what family the player is from. It is who he/she is that matters.

No one said otherwise about taalent. But its definitely not the only deciding factor. You seem to confuse what has been explained, no one gets titles because of connections and money or politics. You need the whole package , thats all Im saying

Money,talent,hard work, dedication, quality training, specific environment, backing resources, decision making skills, coaching staff etc etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
What you did not get at all is that the money put onto the top CNT players and connections to the best coaches/sponsors are NOT from their family. They only need some exposure to the TT class where their talents can be identified. And TT class is cheap, or even free in kindergarten/primary school/the break room of parents' company, in big cities and in small towns.
The CNT players are affiliated with their provincial teams and they spend a lot of time each year in their provincial teams and league teams when CNT is dismissed. The provincial teams put huge money on top players and the provincial teams do have connections. The coaches of some provincial teams are on advisory board of CNT; some are former CNT players. But again, it is investment and return; the provincial teams pour resources on their best and hope to send them to CNT to become better and win medals for the provinces and nation. Nothing to do with where and what family the player is from. It is who he/she is that matters.

dude,when did I say that all top players are there only because of their TT background? U seem to be so case sensitive when it comes to certain players and CNT decisions/selections. Relax, no one claimed that top TT players are all about politics and money. I said it in my first post, equal level players, A with resources and politics B no resources no connections, who will make a career? Cheers, its pointless to repost the same things over and over

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Break time.

During the training, CNT recorded a new theme song “Ping Ping Pang Pang” and its MV. Here is from man's side.

pic source: @TTWorld Sina Weibo account & the music producer @Yuanchao-pingpang Sina Weibo account

coach Qin.jpg
team2.jpg
team3.jpg
team1.jpg
zjklgyfzd.jpg
team4.jpg
ml.jpg
fzd.jpg
zjk.jpg
xxfzdfblgy.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Break time.

During the training, CNT recorded a new theme song “Ping Ping Pang Pang” and its MV. Here is from man's side.

pic source: @TTWorld Sina Weibo account & the music producer @Yuanchao-pingpang Sina Weibo account

Have u uploaded any video or any link?? I can see nothing