Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
FZD is gunna be in for some surprises with Lee Sang Soo... dude isn't gunna roll over and lay down, he will take the fight to him.

However, FZD is in a class of hiz own, if he loses, then he would have done things wrong mentally. Hey, still, that counts positive for what opponent would have done.

It will be good watching.

I always say Table Tennis is an entertainment business. Players should be obligated to put on a show and spectators deserve a good show.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The way Koki Niwa plays is unique, so relaxed, so casual, seems effortless, even when serves, seems just throw the ball casually, nothing intricate there... but look is deceiving :) the fact he that played today in the last eight proved his quality. He just lost to Fan Zhendong, one of the best in this sport at this moment.

Forget to mention, he's the one with least visible expression on court... as some may call him, "The Mr. Poker Face".

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
FZD vs. Lee Sangsu should be way more interesting. Lee Sangsu played the tournament of his life. So fast on his feet, stepping around like Speedy Gonzalez.

Ilia, I really think that he has no chance against FZD. In my opinion, Lee style matches very well FZD strenghts. Nice game for the spectacle but my guess is 4-0 for FZD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Don't throw away the mental factor. Lee Sangsu has oysted ZJK, Samsonov and WCT. He should have built a YUGE amount of confidence by now. Combine it with his fighting spirit and imagine how he feels, he should have wings behind his back by now. Anyway, as Der said, should be a terrific show.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One nice thing in this tournament:

1) Lee Sangsu
2) Timo Boll
3) Koki Niwa
4) Tomokazu Harimoto
5) Wong Chung Ting

That is 5 players not from China in the quarterfinals!!!

That is better than the rest of the world has done in a long time.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
One nice thing in this tournament:

1) Lee Sangsu
2) Timo Boll
3) Koki Niwa
4) Tomokazu Harimoto
5) Wong Chung Ting

That is 5 players not from China in the quarterfinals!!!

That is better than the rest of the world has done in a long time.

only because LIN played against XU Xin in the previous round and ZJK played despite being unfit.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So who is playing who in the semis?

Ma Long - Tomokazu Harimoto :)
Lee Sangsu - Fan Zhendong

Lee Sangsu- Fan Zhedong

Ma Long- the winner of Harimoto vs. Xu Xin.

This link gives you the whole draw page by page from the round of 128 through the finals. And the scores are updated live:

http://dr.ittf.com/competitions/tes...asp?competition_ID=2705&rnd=8&s_Event_Type=MS

You just use the "previous" link to go back a round and the "next" link to go to the next round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I've gotta say, I would love to see that noisy little "Japanese" kid take care of Xu Xin. I like XX. I like him better than Ma Long or ZJK. I definitely like him more than Harimoto. But, it would be really fun to see the kid come through anyway.

I want Harimoto to lose. I really feel envious. It is no fair, how can he be so talented at that age and we, poor normal people, be so stiff, unrelaxed, slow, tactically fragile, etc.,etc., hahahaha

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I want Harimoto to lose. I really feel envious. It is no fair, how can he be so talented at that age and we, poor normal people, be so stiff, unrelaxed, slow, tactically fragile, etc.,etc., hahahaha

Hahahaha.