Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am impressed that Harimoto was able to do so well in the tournament. It is pretty impressive.

Now I'll be rooting for XX and LSS in the semifinals. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
No crying from the kid... He can be proud, he stood up till the last ball. He was outplayed, especially in the last 2 sets, but he did show great skills, and I can't wait to see a rematch in 1 year, or even in 6 months...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
NL said:Is it just me or does the Japanese coach look like Bill Murray?

Hahaha, you are infected by the Hollywood syndrome. Yes, Timo Boll is Keanu Reeves after the flu.

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Chinese commentary says Xu Xin's rhythm changes in the previous set were quite key.
Changes happened as of the 3rd set kicked off, Xu Xin just tried to deny Tomokazu HARIMOTO played his game at best, employed many soft touches, denied Tomokazu from unleashing his fast & furious FH. The tactic worked!

This kid definitely needs to be watched out, put under spotlight :) he's very fast if he's allowed to play his game at his rhythm!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
And that's the end of shouting boy.... But what amaze me is the fact that I was worried about Xu Xin to lose to him.
Big future in this kid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
As it should be. Part of the reason of Harimoto winnings in his career is that their rivals didn't consider him a threat because it was a kid...until it was the last game and at that point it was too late to win.
Well said! Most of his opponents might have underestimated him for a kid instead of a dangerous player thus fell into victims at the end :D:cool:

Wonder how long has he been in the international circuit (the senior one)? I guess many players have not gotten familiar with his playing style.

Japan has got an excellent adopted "raw material" in the form of this kid, how good the Japanese team is able to groom him in the foreseeable future is for all to see. The Chinese team and the ROW must beware of this kid's skill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi