Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
on Japanese TV, HARIMOTO said he was very disappointed with the result... He said he was nervous when receiving, and had a lot of trouble dealing with XU Xin's spin... but he thinks he will learn from this competition, and he's thanking everybody, staff, coaches, fans, sponsors, crowd...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
on Japanese TV, HARIMOTO said he was very disappointed with the result... He said he was nervous when receiving, and had a lot of trouble dealing with XU Xin's spin... but he thinks he will learn from this competition, and he's thanking everybody, staff, coaches, fans, sponsors, crowd...

People may think his choing is disrespectful - fair enough. I don't think disrespectful is the right word for it. But otherwise he seems respectful and very mature for his age. I hope he calms down a bit in the future and continues to deliver even more amazing table tennis!

This user has no status.
I think XU Xin's unusual tchoooing was stupid. He could have done it just in the first set, and stopped it afterwards, just going back to his normal use of tchoooing. He tried mind games with HARIMOTO all along the match, its quite stupid. It just shows the CNT was afraid of Harimoto...

Did they shake hands at the end ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
People may think his choing is disrespectful - fair enough. I don't think disrespectful is the right word for it. But otherwise he seems respectful and very mature for his age. I hope he calms down a bit in the future and continues to deliver even more amazing table tennis!
Anyhow Tomokazu's choo-ing worked effectively on Lubomir PISTEJ... dunno why the sounds worked so well, possibly it's because Pistej was behind in every thing against this boy thus he's kaputt and just blew up... :) lol

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I think XU Xin's unusual tchoooing was stupid. He could have done it just in the first set, and stopped it afterwards, just going back to his normal use of tchoooing. He tried mind games with HARIMOTO all along the match, its quite stupid. It just shows the CNT was afraid of Harimoto...

Ha ha ha... do not be a sore loser. I think Xu Xin just energized himself to pass the hurdle. Any player who was able to play in the last eight should be taken as a very serious opponent! Tomokazu HARIMOTO is of no exception. And any player who failed to take seriously his opponent would be doomed. Underestimate has no reward!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

His choing was the appropriate response. I am not sure whether I still have the video, but that is exactly how I play when I am in hostile environments. You have to cho to pump yourself up when the opponent is getting in your face with their noise making.

Like I said, people who do not complain about Harimoto have no right to complain when someone gets it back in his face. I think part of Xu Xin's performance was driven by his willingness not to back down from that nonsense.

You have to play someone at your level who is getting in your face like that to know what it does to your psychology and realize you either have to play way above their level or show your presence as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ha ha ha... do not be a sore loser. I think Xu Xin just energized himself to pass the hurdle. Any player who was able to play in the last eight should be taken as a very serious opponent! And any player who failed to do so would be doomed!!

Some day, a scientist will do the research that will show that people getting in your face like that hurts your performance unless you get back in their face as well. Then people will understand the root of such behavior in our animal nature and why you can't have people do that without fighting back, and why it is important to eradicate such behavior from the sport earlier rather than later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Just wonder what's the head to head stats between FZD and Lee Sangsu?

The ITTF database is broken, the H2H function doesn't work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016

When I'm playing a tournament match and my opponent is just someone who I find annoying and start choo-ing, I just choo-ing harder and because I can choo really loud, more like a war cry, I don't care doing it as a mind game because I don't find my opponent to be worth being respectful to in the match.

This user has no status.
Not a sore loser. He just ridiculed himself. Xu xin was the better player he didn't need that to win.

By the way I like to tchooo a lot when I play and I'm not affected if the guy starts tchoooing as well. Actually it gives me more energy.

I think Harimoto is the same cause surely other guys did try the same than Xu Xin before.

So I stick to my words. Xu xin is ridiculous and an arrogant player. He's shown that many times in his career. He even refused to shake hands with the kid at the end. It's lamentable

I'll be very glad to see Xu Xin lose again to his teammates tomorrow hopefully

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Not a sore loser. He just ridiculed himself. Xu xin was the better player he didn't need that to win.

By the way I like to tchooo a lot when I play and I'm not affected if the guy starts tchoooing as well. Actually it gives me more energy.

I think Harimoto is the same cause surely other guys did try the same than Xu Xin before.

So I stick to my words. Xu xin is ridiculous and an arrogant player. He's shown that many times in his career. He even refused to shake hands with the kid at the end. It's lamentable

If you meant this match vs Tomokazu HARIMOTO, Xu Xin did 'shake hand' (hand tapping may be the better description) with him at the end of match.

XX might look as arrogant on court, in your perspective, but it is just quite a normal thing and happens in many sports whereas pressure permeated in a competition, more over in such tensed competition as the World Championships. Nothing excessive or personal here, XX just boosted his own psyche during the game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews

I understand you are fan , but it start to looks like obsession . Xu Xin did give him hand and looks to the eyes.
Last second of this video
But still HARIMOTO is good player, but i think coach it is forcing him to do this noises to get some-kind of mentally advantage (is is not fun if you are loosing to 13 years old boy before all of the people ), other-ways the boy is looking and behave like any 13 13 yers boy, even looks shy .