WTT Star Contender Doha 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Duda 2-3 ML (-4, 9, 7, -7, -7)
Duda got duped by ML's body language in G4, especially after coming out of the TO at 5:3.

KM 2-3 Grandma Ni (-2, 5, -7, 6, -6)

Polcanova has been in a slump since mid-2023.
Do you think ML was just trying to coast along in 3rd gear and didn't want to turn it on unless he had to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Liang/Yuan successfully sees off both JPN MD pair today, they have no problem bringing the play to open rallies to finish their opponent. Shinozuka/Harimoto although made less mistakes than Togami/Matsushima, their attack power were relatively weaker thus they couldn't finish the point in 3-5 shot then got overwhelmed by the shot quality of CN pair in long rallies.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
What match(s) do you guys think will be worth watching?

WS: Miwa vs Sun Yingsha, I want to see if Miwa can go full set with Sun this time or has the CNT find a way to seal her up

MS: Fan vs Lim JH: the reason being Fan is in a slump (he actually has just recovered from illness last month before losing at the Men Finals) and Lim is a very physical player.
Togami vs Liang: might be the most exciting match today. Though Liang won the 7 set showdown last time, Togami won in term of 5 set match, both guys look to be in great shape this tournament so I'm expecting a firework fest.
Matsushima vs Lin YJ: Sora made an impressive comeback last night and this's the opportunity for him to raise his rank amongst the JPN squad.

Beside those matches, Jorgic vs Lin SD and Lin GY vs Jang WJ are also worth following

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
That's the LGL serve.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
WS: Miwa vs Sun Yingsha, I want to see if Miwa can go full set with Sun this time or has the CNT find a way to seal her up

MS: Fan vs Lim JH: the reason being Fan is in a slump (he actually has just recovered from illness last month before losing at the Men Finals) and Lim is a very physical player.
Togami vs Liang: might be the most exciting match today. Though Liang won the 7 set showdown last time, Togami won in term of 5 set match, both guys look to be in great shape this tournament so I'm expecting a firework fest.
Matsushima vs Lin YJ: Sora made an impressive comeback last night and this's the opportunity for him to raise his rank amongst the JPN squad.

Beside those matches, Jorgic vs Lin SD and Lin GY vs Jang WJ are also worth following

Togami is like Zhou Qihao. When in a good mood, they can beat anyone.

But often in the middle of the match, they can lose 7 points straight for no reason.

I hope Togami will perform at his full potential today.

Reactions: mikeytt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Very ugly for Miwa... Looks like all the enemies of China are being crushed underfoot...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I wasn't able to catch the Togami vs Liang Jingkun rematch but judging by the scoreline it seemed one sided for LJK, a shame for me as a togami fan.

Truls vs WCQ was interesting towards the end, truls doing truls things but wcq is just too strong right now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Very ugly for Miwa... Looks like all the enemies of China are being crushed underfoot...
Sun Yingsha has gotten herself a lifelong sworn enemy ; 9 points in 3 games is quite brutal. I didn't watch the game, so I'm curious; Was Miwa's serves completely cracked today?? I'm sure Miwa is going to watch the film at least 5 times, maybe hang a picture of SYS in the rafters of her personal training hall.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Sun Yingsha has gotten herself a lifelong sworn enemy ; 9 points in 3 games is quite brutal. I didn't watch the game, so I'm curious; Was Miwa's serves completely cracked today?? I'm sure Miwa is going to watch the film at least 5 times, maybe hang a picture of SYS in the rafters of her personal training hall.
She had like 3 service errors. She just didn't play well overall. Wasn't great in the rallies, not great in service receives. The whole game only had a few long rallies which she held her own, most of the rallies were short. It's not like SYS was hitting a bunch of crazy shots, it was a pretty average performance for her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It was more like the shots that were winning points in the last match kept coming back and that Miwa had to deal with game 5 Sun Yingsha from the last match all through this match. It didn't look like a bashing but the scoreline just showed it was.

Jan 2018
Judging from how she winced before crying in her mom's arms after 3-2 Hashimoto last Saturday, it's probably that time of the month.

With Zennihon Takkyu 2024 less than two weeks away, most of them have also been suppressing their form.

Atevgji.jpg

DJ2E1R3.jpg

u9FaVPT.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Lin Yunju survives 3-2 against Matsushima who led the 5th set 7-3 but LYJ came back
Matsushima is going to have his ups and downs being still only 16. But beating Harimoto and then playing pretty even vs. LYJ is a good way to start off the year. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Liang has seriously reviewed the previous Taiyuan final, this time he focus on spin and slowing down the pace of the rally to limit Togami's speed, not to mention the increase use of short and long push. He actively pinned Togami on the backhand and regularly play a straight bh to move him around. Liang also played a lot of net balls this time lmao.

As for Togami, he seems to be rushed most of the time. If he wants to go further, he has to learn to play at slow pace but add more spin and power, Japanese are known for their speed-based table tennis characterized by compact counter-topspin stroke but the drawback is that you borrow and redirect the momentum of your opponent more than exerting your own force. Against Chinese looping machine, you have to be able to sacrifice your pace in exchange for quality full swing stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Matsushima is going to have his ups and downs being still only 16. But beating Harimoto and then playing pretty even vs. LYJ is a good way to start off the year. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him!
well Lin YJ and Sora are teammates at Kinoshita Meister so there's a factor of familiarity in it, but he's still great for being able to drag Lin to a full game.