This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
FYI
LJK 4 H2H 0 LYJ
Last one was close, 3-2 for LJK at WTT SCT Doha 2024
LJK 4 H2H 3 WCQ
Last two to LJK, 4-3 at WTT CT Novo Mesto 2021 and 3-0 at WTT CS Xinxiang 2023
Yeah, it is common "wisdom" to disregard LJK's actual performance level and focus on the hot player of the moment. Boy, he is a big ball of nerves, but he mostly comes through for the coaches.

• Wow
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The dilemma for CNT now:
Should we send ML the WTT, or LJK the MD/XD black hole?

Jan 2018
How did SYB reach the QF?

Jan 2018
Yeah, it is common "wisdom" to disregard LJK's actual performance level and focus on the hot player of the moment. Boy, he is a big ball of nerves, but he mostly comes through for the coaches.
As Harimoto mentions in the 5-part Butterfly interview after WTTC 2023, there is a reason LJK is 3-time and back-to-back WTTC bronze medalist.

Jan 2018
MS QF
QD 1-0 -> 1-2 WCQ
G1 118
G2 111
G3 510, 1110, 1113

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
赢不了,你追上来我就勾手启动,没得玩
第三局挡了多少个,不想讨论,打人家好像杀父仇人一般,感觉好像是那种小样儿赶紧认输的呕心

Reactions: enj
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
3c1ed21b0ef41bd5ca3a35ce17da81cb39db3d9b.jpg

Attachments

• 3c1ed21b0ef41bd5ca3a35ce17da81cb39db3d9b.jpg
    3c1ed21b0ef41bd5ca3a35ce17da81cb39db3d9b.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 30
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Germany will have a very difficult choice to make for their 3 olympic team and 2 single spots.

I dont rate Qiu highly. He got some results, but I dont like his game. Its lacks something. He won some good games here and there, but I dont think he has the potential if everybody is prapared like at the olympics or world championships. I guess he is a lock for the Paris, as he qualified for the mixed event.

Ovtcharov ist still seraching for his form from the last olympics. Of course he had some injuries over the last years, but I feel that he reached his prime in Tokyo and is slowly declining from there. He is a big game player so he is always dangerous at the big tournaments.

I really like Franziska, but he is to inconstant at the highest stage. He has some amazing upsets, but also loses against players he should be winning against. I dont see him getting a singles spot, but he is a great double player which might be his edge for the team event.

At last you have Timo. Timos world ranking dropped a lot, after his injury problems, but in the last months you see what he is capable of if his body is fit. He won against Lin, Harimoto, Jang, LSD, Lee Sang Su... Which other player other then F. Lebrun can say something like that? The olmpics were never his tournament, but with the form he is in it would be criminal to take him to paris.

What are your thoughts? I would like to see Qiu and Boll in singles and Franziska for the team, but i fear they will leave Boll out because of his world ranking and injuries.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Germany will have a very difficult choice to make for their 3 olympic team and 2 single spots.

I dont rate Qiu highly. He got some results, but I dont like his game. Its lacks something. He won some good games here and there, but I dont think he has the potential if everybody is prapared like at the olympics or world championships. I guess he is a lock for the Paris, as he qualified for the mixed event.

Ovtcharov ist still seraching for his form from the last olympics. Of course he had some injuries over the last years, but I feel that he reached his prime in Tokyo and is slowly declining from there. He is a big game player so he is always dangerous at the big tournaments.

I really like Franziska, but he is to inconstant at the highest stage. He has some amazing upsets, but also loses against players he should be winning against. I dont see him getting a singles spot, but he is a great double player which might be his edge for the team event.

At last you have Timo. Timos world ranking dropped a lot, after his injury problems, but in the last months you see what he is capable of if his body is fit. He won against Lin, Harimoto, Jang, LSD, Lee Sang Su... Which other player other then F. Lebrun can say something like that? The olmpics were never his tournament, but with the form he is in it would be criminal to take him to paris.

What are your thoughts? I would like to see Qiu and Boll in singles and Franziska for the team, but i fear they will leave Boll out because of his world ranking and injuries.
Pretty much. Boll will have to get his ranking back into the top 15 to get taken seriously again. But I think Germany will be fine with or without him. They are the European Games champs. Boll will likely be the reserve player in case of injury.

The camera is not at all at the same eye level as Dang Q's, so this shot is completely irrelevant.
What is much worse is Wang's positioning at the side (and so many others) of the table which makes him serve almost every FH shuttle service over the table. When is this ever going to be banned?