Loki Rxton III Pink Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Sorry for reviving old thread but I want to add something for the rxton 3 pink. Initially I got it for a bh rubber, but I ended up really liking it for penhold forehand. On the bh it was a bit underwhelming.

Compared to the Xuperman Powerplay-X I currently have on there, I found that it is faster and much more lively and engaging. Xuperman needs booster or else it feels like a rock, highly dampened and hard to penetrate through, unlike a hurricane. I'm guessing it's trully a pro rubber.

Rxton 3 pink feels like a classic China/Jap hybrid. To me it feels odly similar to the dawei 2008xp super power. The old version with the red sponge, if you remember it, great rubber and I think this is very close to it. They both have a fast Japanese cake sponge and soft topsheet with medium/low tackiness. Medium arc and a ton of reaction with booster, though I don't think it needs it.

Anyone that tried it on bh and was disappointed, give it a chance on the fh, you might be surprised.
I actually got it for the BH (Rxton 3 Blue, but same thing) and played with it for FH for a while and enjoyed it better that way.

I got a new Sanwei 75 Inner and instead of using Moon 12 Blue, I decided to try boosting the Rxton 3 and putting it on my BH.

This thing absolutely slaps on the BH. And by that I mean punchy flatter BH shots are super fast with a lot of pop. My coach has a hard time blocking these. It's way more dangerous than the Moon 12 at ending points.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I actually got it for the BH (Rxton 3 Blue, but same thing) and played with it for FH for a while and enjoyed it better that way.

I got a new Sanwei 75 Inner and instead of using Moon 12 Blue, I decided to try boosting the Rxton 3 and putting it on my BH.

This thing absolutely slaps on the BH. And by that I mean punchy flatter BH shots are super fast with a lot of pop. My coach has a hard time blocking these. It's way more dangerous than the Moon 12 at ending points.
It's really impressive what you can buy for 10 euros from China. And the good thing is that it's not a tensor, even if you don't use it it's not gonna get ruined. I'm thinking of getting another 2 and try one on the yeo and the other on the azalea. Xuperman is cool, but isn't really viable if not boosted. Rxton is a killing machine on the fh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Lowday
which xuperman did you get, XR or XB (red or black) for BH?

for R3 Pink, with light booster on, it becomes so much better, and that for me is still my best value for money chart number 1 rubber for my backhand (I like hard sponges)

I'm somewhat enjoying the sponge of xuperman XR, but the topsheet to me is still lacking
my next product review video will be xuperman

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Here's a video of me using Rxton 3 Blue on the BH and the slap/punch shots it can do. I can do similar shots with Fastarc C-1 and Moon 12 Blue but they don't have nearly the same pop and speed. With the R3 Blue it just feels really easy to do as well.

I enjoy doing this particular BH shot but I'm a bit concerned because I don't see many players use this often. Is it a bad habit to train these? I know that a more brushing contact will create a safer loop, but is there any downside for using this flatter shot when the ball is high enough over the net?

This user has no status.
Anyone out there still getting separation of the top sheet and sponge on their Rxton 3 Pink?

My latest sheet gave up the ghost after about eight hours of play (unboosted). Dunno if it's just old stock from a dodgy batch, or if the QA problems @ Loki are continuing. Any one else still having trouble with it?

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Lowday
which xuperman did you get, XR or XB (red or black) for BH?

for R3 Pink, with light booster on, it becomes so much better, and that for me is still my best value for money chart number 1 rubber for my backhand (I like hard sponges)

I'm somewhat enjoying the sponge of xuperman XR, but the topsheet to me is still lacking
my next product review video will be xuperman
I bought the original xuperman and I use it for the cpen forehand. It's the black before red was available.

I'm thinking of getting a few sheets of rxton 3 pink for the forehand, I really liked it there.

Either that or h3 37 and boosting it.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Anyone out there still getting separation of the top sheet and sponge on their Rxton 3 Pink?

My latest sheet gave up the ghost after about eight hours of play (unboosted). Dunno if it's just old stock from a dodgy batch, or if the QA problems @ Loki are continuing. Any one else still having trouble with it?
I had my first one separate right after I boosted it, but also it came with a small hole in the topsheet, so probably qc isn't the best. Yet again it's a cheap rubber that plays really good so it doesn't really matter. Qc can't be that high for that price.

This user has no status.
I bought the original xuperman and I use it for the cpen forehand. It's the black before red was available.

I'm thinking of getting a few sheets of rxton 3 pink for the forehand, I really liked it there.

Either that or h3 37 and boosting it.
Better be quick -- I asked Loki about the QC issues and they said they don't currently have any stock of it.

The English translation wasn't great but I get the feeling they're revising it and/or releasing new colours.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Here's a video of me using Rxton 3 Blue on the BH and the slap/punch shots it can do. I can do similar shots with Fastarc C-1 and Moon 12 Blue but they don't have nearly the same pop and speed. With the R3 Blue it just feels really easy to do as well.

I enjoy doing this particular BH shot but I'm a bit concerned because I don't see many players use this often. Is it a bad habit to train these? I know that a more brushing contact will create a safer loop, but is there any downside for using this flatter shot when the ball is high enough over the net?
No. Unusual shots are a relative weapon at all levels, as long as they are not preventing you from developing your overall game. The shot doesn't seem that flat to be honest, it will be interesting to see whether you can maintain it vs higher levels of spin.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Yeah, I actually sometimes do a similar shot, when played against heavy topspin, it is a legit counter, the practice you did at 3:05 to 3:11 when he is actually looping into it with various degrees of spin and you are doing it is more when you should be using that shot. I also have a Nigerian friend who almost exclusively uses that shot on his backhand, it is a nightmare to play him when he is hitting it but because he doesn't vary it much, it is easy to play him when he is not hitting it. It is actually a good thing you are building an instinct for this early, most players learn to block and then struggle going to counter-offense. The challenge will be that your backhand may be so much more troubling than for your forehand if you can stay consistent with it so you may end up having to get a better forehand. But yes, as long as you don't miss much and the stroke is not causing injury, there is absolutely nothing wrong with such shots. Maybe I should try Rxton 3 Blue and hide it from my friend...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I had my first one separate right after I boosted it, but also it came with a small hole in the topsheet, so probably qc isn't the best. Yet again it's a cheap rubber that plays really good so it doesn't really matter. Qc can't be that high for that price.
i had my first separation, but that is after few rounds of re-boosting.
total, 3 or 4 rounds, over 2 months.
first spot was the area where my fingers are (cpen grip) and blue is on backhand.
then the same rubber - after i removed the rubber, it separated really easy while pulling the rubber off.
as I said, it is after many rounds of boosting, so there is probable cause there.

the previous ones, I never had an issue, this include both pink and blue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I should've figured this out earlier, but I found the best way to check if a rubber is safe to boost is to take the cutaway rubber and try to tear the pips away from the sponge. If it separates easily, then it is quite risky to boost. If it is somewhat resistant, then it is safe.

For me, I found my Arthur China and Rxton Pink to separate extremely easily.

I found Rxton 3 and Rxton 3 Pro to be sturdier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I should've figured this out earlier, but I found the best way to check if a rubber is safe to boost is to take the cutaway rubber and try to tear the pips away from the sponge. If it separates easily, then it is quite risky to boost. If it is somewhat resistant, then it is safe.

For me, I found my Arthur China and Rxton Pink to separate extremely easily.

I found Rxton 3 and Rxton 3 Pro to be sturdier.
That's very smart.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
i had my first separation, but that is after few rounds of re-boosting.
total, 3 or 4 rounds, over 2 months.
first spot was the area where my fingers are (cpen grip) and blue is on backhand.
then the same rubber - after i removed the rubber, it separated really easy while pulling the rubber off.
as I said, it is after many rounds of boosting, so there is probable cause there.

the previous ones, I never had an issue, this include both pink and blue.
To me it sounds like qc isn't the best. But either way, I would't expect it to be for 10 euros.
Mine seperated almost immediatly and it did have a small hole near the middle of the rubber, going into the sponge. But again for 10 euros I can't complain, using it without booster or with minimal boosting seems to be just fine. I just went all in for 3 layers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
To me it sounds like qc isn't the best. But either way, I would't expect it to be for 10 euros.
Mine seperated almost immediatly and it did have a small hole near the middle of the rubber, going into the sponge. But again for 10 euros I can't complain, using it without booster or with minimal boosting seems to be just fine. I just went all in for 3 layers
Seems like a lot of people are bubbling. Loki needs to know about this and do a little better

Reactions: mattlamperouge
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Seems like a lot of people are bubbling. Loki needs to know about this and do a little better
It's a cheap rubber not made for boosting, can't blame them. Maybe less oil would be just fine.

What I can blame them for is letting a rubber with a hole in it pass qc. That's just unacceptable. Happened to me and really annoyed me.