Nexy Akrasia

This user has no status.
12248717_1064853943545049_686480654_n.jpg12212562_1064853956878381_308831476_n.jpg

Today I made a bold decision to replace my Viscaria and put my faith into Akrasia.
wow Such a perfect decision ..The feel, control, speed and dwell is so much better and I can boldly say it is even better than branded blades. The spin produced is strong, ball is sharp and fast and even excellent in blocking. Somehow feels magical cause you can take an incoming spin early to counter it or absorb the spin resulting in a really when I say really dead ball.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I looped with it once and found it too fast. Couldn't arc the ball safely.

There are those who like rocket launchers.

Then there are guys who like equipment that puts a premium on spin over speed.

I say, if you are having fun playing with a blade designed to be "the fastest blade in the world" then you might as well have fun.

I will stick with a 5 ply, all wood, flexy blade designed for looping.

I do however like a lot of the Nexy blades I have tried. I like the Peter Pan. I like the Kim Jung Hoon (Tibhar blade, Nexy design). I do also like blades like Oscar and Arirang and Tibhar Inca (also Nexy designed for Tibhar) but they are just fun to thump the ball with in mid-distance counter-looping situations. But I, personally, wouldn't be trying to play matches with them.

If someone wants to use a blade that fast, and has the skill to, more power. TT Smack down.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
haha I was accustomed to really fast blades and had no trouble adjusting :)
Akrasia has much better control than my Mizutani

When I used fast blades, I said that too. So don't get me wrong - could I play well enough with it to beat many players? Sure. Could I play well enough with it to beat the players I am aspiring to beat? I may be wrong, but I don't think I can. Much of my game is based on spinning the ball wide and a fast blade is not your friend for that kind of game. If you watch me play at my best, balls are breaking to the wide forehand and backhand on my opening shots.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ah... Then NL and crew tried my Akraia test bat with Aurus and xp2008. My standard test rubbers.

Speed is not quite as ridiculous as Timo Boll Tricarbon and you CAN get awesome spin on a solid struck loopdrive... but like NL I value opening loops and you gotta be precise with this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Ah... Then NL and crew tried my Akraia test bat with Aurus and xp2008. My standard test rubbers.

Speed is not quite as ridiculous as Timo Boll Tricarbon and you CAN get awesome spin on a solid struck loopdrive... but like NL I value opening loops and you gotta be precise with this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The Akrasia produces tremendous amount of spin and has lots of control which is pbetter than my Mizutani SZLC, Gergely and Viscaria. One thing that I liked about Akrasia is that you can't feel that it is very fast cause it has a lot of dwell time. lol a weird thing to say for a very fast blade but it's true :)
my technique is loopinh the hell out of a ball haha

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Akrasia produces tremendous amount of spin and has lots of control which is pbetter than my Mizutani SZLC, Gergely and Viscaria. One thing that I liked about Akrasia is that you can't feel that it is very fast cause it has a lot of dwell time. lol a weird thing to say for a very fast blade but it's true :)
my technique is loopinh the hell out of a ball haha

You definitely do seem to like those fast blades. But if the Akrasia does work that well for you, that is pretty cool.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I rated Akrasia like the OSCAR ALC which I described as a great feeling ALC blade with a knockout punch. But the Akrasia simply has only carbon.

On those solid struck balls where you hit through the spin and make your own, you get a rocket launcher with a ton of spin. You try to flat hit or smash, you are driving the ball through your opponent and creating enough turbulence to ground a fleet of Boing 747 midair.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I rated Akrasia like the OSCAR ALC which I described as a great feeling ALC blade with a knockout punch. But the Akrasia simply has only carbon.

On those solid struck balls where you hit through the spin and make your own, you get a rocket launcher with a ton of spin. You try to flat hit or smash, you are driving the ball through your opponent and creating enough turbulence to ground a fleet of Boeing 747 midair.

Yes, but attacking backspin is the deal breaker. I can link to some shots in my matches and let anyone tell me whether that shot would make sense with Akrasia or not.

This user has no status.
Yes, but attacking backspin is the deal breaker. I can link to some shots in my matches and let anyone tell me whether that shot would make sense with Akrasia or not.

Attacking backspin is a breeze I have a chinese-style oriented game. Growing up idolizing them :)
Especially Ma Long and Zhang Jike

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Attacking backspin is a breeze I have a chinese-style oriented game. Growing up idolizing them :)
Especially Ma Long and Zhang Jike

Understood, Rajah. Your idols use Viscarias and Hurricane Longs, not Akrasias. Just saying. Would be interesting to see a video of your play.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
NextLevel, I actually loved that explanation [from a different thread] of why you switched back to Baracuda from MX-S. Those high angle loops with a lot of curve and arc that are just harder to do with a blade that is really fast and with rubbers that are really fast. So a setup that is not so fast but super spinny, where you can get the ball to land short, near the net and at a high angle is some really intelligent game strategy. I think this must be why so many higher level players like the top pros are not using blades that are so fast or rubbers that are so fast either. I know this was only some of the reason. Like having to work harder with the MX-S because of the lower amount of catapult. But the intelligence of the strategy of using something on the slower side in comparison to things like T05, but on the spinny side, makes so much sense to me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Understood, Rajah. Your idols use Viscarias and Hurricane Longs, not Akrasias. Just saying. Would be interesting to see a video of your play.

Sir I just had a thought about the "bang impact" and dual impact technology of nexy and watched how the chinese play isn't it that their strokes are really loud? I have a feeling that one way or another their blades have similarities with Akrasia just a thkught lol because when I do powerloops the sound is really loud even in simple drillings.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sir I just had a thought about the "bang impact" and dual impact technology of nexy and watched how the chinese play isn't it that their strokes are really loud? I have a feeling that one way or another their blades have similarities with Akrasia just a thkught lol because when I do powerloops the sound is really loud even in simple drillings.

Yes, their strokes are really loud. To get the ball to move with slower and harder rubber, you have to have hard impact on your power loops and in general, power loops are relatively loud and hard. But I think if you compared the power and sound on those shots to the actual sound that you would hear if they hit the ball flat with same power, then you would appreciate how much power they were wasting and how much of their stroke is going into spin. You can hear whooshing sometimes when you see a top pro play.

Last edited: