Is it the same Viscaria ZJK is using over the years

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In one of Dan's podcasts, Marcos Freitas recently said that he was using his Butterfly Michael Maze blades (think he said he had two, main and backup) since he was 18 or 19 years old when he bought them. So that would be about 10 years. Decent amount of time for the investment.

Some pros do change rackets a lot more than that. But, you don't need to. Unless you damage or break it, a blade can last for decades.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Musaab
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
My favorite ones among several Viscaria that I have are a series H are series I, which would be from 2007 and 2008 I think. As best as I can tell, these ALC blades actually seem to get better over time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews
In one of Dan's podcasts, Marcos Freitas recently said that he was using his Butterfly Michael Maze blades (think he said he had two, main and backup) since he was 18 or 19 years old when he bought them. So that would be about 10 years. Decent amount of time for the investment.

Some pros do change rackets a lot more than that. But, you don't need to. Unless you damage or break it, a blade can last for decades.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

That's impressive! Must be hard for him to do a change mentally if the blade would break.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's impressive! Must be hard for him to do a change mentally if the blade would break.

I think he also said, on a recent visit to the Butterfly plant, he had them fix up and sort of refurbish his blades for him. :)

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
As for the OP, I think it would be pretty hard to tell if ZJK is using the same blade or a new one of the same type since you would have to be very close up to see any difference.