Just curious how many Penholders are on TTD?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hello fellow penholders,
Like many of us, I also used to have pain in my middle finger using rpb grip. However, for the last 2 weeks I am taping my mid finger (with normal paper tape) before play and it seems to work. Not only the pain has almost vanished, the problem excess sweat on my backhand rubber is gone as well. I will try to upload a pic of the taped finger tomorrow. Ba bye.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello fellow penholders,
Like many of us, I also used to have pain in my middle finger using rpb grip. However, for the last 2 weeks I am taping my mid finger (with normal paper tape) before play and it seems to work. Not only the pain has almost vanished, the problem excess sweat on my backhand rubber is gone as well. I will try to upload a pic of the taped finger tomorrow. Ba bye.

Would be good to see some pictures. Sweat has always been a problem for me.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Didn't have a chance to post earlier

View attachment 12680

The American Hinoki CPen laid on top of the Nexy Amazon CPen ... maybe i jedi mind tricked myself, but the slightly smaller American Hinoki makes me think i have to be more precise in my strokes ... this pic makes it seem like the AH is not THAT much smaller than the Nexy, but if you held both, there would seem a disparate difference.

Have not had a chance to go this week to the club to try the AH out more.

View attachment 12681

A pic to compare handle size ...

Bottom: My oldschool DHS 08 7 ply with my own custom handle ... played with this for the longest ... so used to the blade and the handle - this handle size and my custom groove facilitated my punch as well as my blocks

2nd from bottom: Avalox P700 - chunkier handle than i like -- hard for me to punch and block effectively

2nd from top: Current blade - Nexy Amazon - handle is close in size to what i am accustomed to

Top: American Hinoki - slighty chunkier handle ... close in size to the Avalox P700

View attachment 12682

The bottom of my oldschool custom grooved handle - made my punch and blocks very effective -- handle broke yet again, have given up on repairing it

RIP Excalibur :(

View attachment 12683

L to R: DHS 08, Avalox P700, Nexy Amazon, American Hinoki

Reposted this from the Daily Chit Chat thread

[EDIT: I had recently received the American Hinoki as a prize in member NextLevel's contest. Due to shoulder aches I rested for a few months, last week was first time back playing and I tried out the AH and surprised at the size of the blade.]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Here is the pic. I was out of paper tape so used brown packaging tape. Seems to work better than paper tape. More stable and doesn't leave any residues on the rubber. I sometimes use it on my ring finger as well.
702d9c7521696b22b526d7ce70bbcd14.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
So I use a curled fingers approach on the back side for quick twiddling and I play with pips. At times the friction can grind away at your skin. So I bought like a package on 10 finger sleeves from ebay some time ago. Think i spent like 2 bucks.

So worth it. Very comfortable and you never have to deal with that again. If you're taping up your fingers, you should look into these. I wear them on my middle finger & ring finger.

41NOTIvJ6mL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Here is the pic. I was out of paper tape so used brown packaging tape. Seems to work better than paper tape. More stable and doesn't leave any residues on the rubber. I sometimes use it on my ring finger as well.
cache.php

If you are going to use RPB, the side of your middle finger should be on the paddle.

As for the sweat, it happens to me too. I found that peeling and eating tangerines (which I do at the club) makes them stop sweating for some reason.

Otherwise, I make sure to dry my hands often during play, and wash my hands between practices.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
If you are going to use RPB, the side of your middle finger should be on the paddle.

As for the sweat, it happens to me too. I found that peeling and eating tangerines (which I do at the club) makes them stop sweating for some reason.

Otherwise, I make sure to dry my hands often during play, and wash my hands between practices.
So far my RPB has been good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
oh, i misunderstood ya. i though sweaty fingers was a problem. but if ur fingers having some sort of pain, maybe its because ur bat is too heavy? try to lower the weight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
oh, i misunderstood ya. i though sweaty fingers was a problem. but if ur fingers having some sort of pain, maybe its because ur bat is too heavy? try to lower the weight
Yeah. It is the weight. But instead of lowering my bat weight, I am trying to increase my finger and wrist strength.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
After playing for years as an oldschool 1-side PH, i tried 2 inverted as well as 1 inverted and 1 SP, the weight was too much. For now, haven't tried to increase wrist strength yet. Not sure if i will give the modern PH style a serious go at it.
YEO+ hn3+ rasant = heavy. But after a few sessions, I am finally getting used to it.