Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Unbelievable match. Out of this world, the speed, the power, the placement. I wish I was there watching it live.
I watched two days of matches earlier this week. Atmosphere is great (lots of very knoledgeable spectators) and you get a different perspective on their speed and power seeing it live. But it took awhile to get used to watching TT from that far away from the table (the venue is huge) and some subtle things just cant be seen from that distance.

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Fan is already as good as Ma. And he is not even 20. He is going to get even better in the next year or so. Everyone else in World TT should just forget about the No1 slot for at least another 7 years. (Not that anyone outside China had a chance to get in the top 2 anyway).

While I do mostly agree, you can't call Tomkazu Harimoto off just yet.
Concluder will be Olympics 2020.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
My only question is how many WTTCs will FZD eventually win?

I would only think abt the next one, whether he is strong and upgrade his game enough to fight against the entire avengers like XX, LGY, LJK for a ticket to OG 2020 along with ML. And ML certainly will try all his way to stop FZD, the one has proved to give the most challenge to ML among all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
ZHANG JIKE!!! DID YOU watch the Epic Final???

Please step aside gracefully, gives your slot to any better player!!!

As a hindsight, I believe it's Fang Bo who should have played in your place. What a huge disgrace to watch your very play in R32...to lose such tamely, helplessly...WTF! didn't reflect the long tradition of excellent quality of CNT at all... from the era of Zhuang Zedong, Li Furong, Guo Yuehua, Cai Zhenhua... until the modern era and continues to the present time! What a shame!!!

Even if you're ridden with injury, still better to just step aside, the past OG gold & silver has been the heavy burden for you to carry nowadays... gives the lot to the fit, healthy players, no more excuses... there are plenty of your more competent teammates in queueing line!! <End of a rant>

Wtf .. what's wrong with u ??????? Are u ok ?? We watched a very beautiful match today . I enjoyed every point . But what'related to zjk ?? Well u hate him . But its not true to talk about a champion like this . He wanted to retire but lgl didnt let him to ... he wanted zjk to play even if he cant get titles . Not every player can be in peak . Sport is full of win and lose . He is s human . So please dont attack him like this . Its shame that u comment with out thinking . Who knows ?? Maybe fang bo would be eliminated earlier than jike . So respect pls and dont get in atmospher after watching a beautiful game . Now ma long's record in wttc is equal with jike .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
What a match! Ma Long is undoubtedly the best and Fan Zhendong is just catching up. I expected a 4-2 but it went to 10:10 in the deciding game.

In the interview, Fan Zhendong was really upset. Ma Long said he was very confused before the match and a talk with Liu Guoliang helped him set a goal which he refused to reveal. And according to Ma Long's coach Zhang Lei in his provincial team (Team Beijing), he got three shots for his injury before WTTC. BTW, big success for Team Beijing with Ding Ning and Ma Long defending their titles.

I was not surprised at all by Zhang Jike's poor performance. Quite surprised that Xu Xin was affected by the new ball so much (anyone noticed that he changed the blade?). Now WR1 and WR2 are just beyond the reach of others.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
What a match! Ma Long is undoubtedly the best and Fan Zhendong is just catching up. I expected a 4-2 but it went to 10:10 in the deciding game.

In the interview, Fan Zhendong was really upset. Ma Long said he was very confused before the match and a talk with Liu Guoliang helped him set a goal which he refused to reveal. And according to Ma Long's coach Zhang Lei in his provincial team (Team Beijing), he got three shots for his injury before WTTC. BTW, big success for Team Beijing with Ding Ning and Ma Long defending their titles.

I was not surprised at all by Zhang Jike's poor performance. Quite surprised that Xu Xin was affected by the new ball so much (anyone noticed that he changed the blade?). Now WR1 and WR2 are just beyond the reach of others.

Maybe his goal is getting the 2nd grand slam ?!?!!!!! But anyvway he did it 2 times in a row

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
ZHANG JIKE!!! DID YOU watch the Epic Final???

Please step aside gracefully, gives your slot to any better player!!!

As a hindsight, I believe it's Fang Bo who should have played in your place. What a huge disgrace to watch your very play in R32...to lose such tamely, helplessly...WTF! didn't reflect the long tradition of excellent quality of CNT at all... from the era of Zhuang Zedong, Li Furong, Guo Yuehua, Cai Zhenhua... until the modern era and continues to the present time! What a shame!!!

Even if you're ridden with injury, still better to just step aside, the past OG gold & silver has been the heavy burden for you to carry nowadays... gives the lot to the fit, healthy players, no more excuses... there are plenty of your more competent teammates in queueing line!! <End of a rant>

Why didn't these "better" players beat him - why did FB do badly during trials? ZJK, he beat all of them during the internal practice for the WTTC including Fang Bo who you want to replace him. Everyone has bad days, the guy has made TT more exciting than any of the people you want to replace him ever will, when they beat him they will take his place. ZJK didn't get on the team by asking Ma Lin, Wang Liqin or Wang Hao to step down, he got there by beating them. The younger ones should do the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Amazing. Incredible. Anybody not blown away by this match doesnt like the sport. Somebody had to win.

Ma Long is the greatest for now. My only question is how many WTTCs will FZD eventually win?

With the kid's style and playing time, his health is not a given. Just saying. Ask Zhang Jike.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
And according to Ma Long's coach Zhang Lei in his provincial team (Team Beijing), he got three shots for his injury before WTTC. BTW, big success for Team Beijing with Ding Ning and Ma Long defending their titles.

Which injury? That is really worrying.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Who knows ?? Maybe fang bo would be eliminated earlier than jike . So respect pls and dont get in atmospher after watching a beautiful game . Now ma long's record in wttc is equal with jike .

You know, after seeing LSS beat ZJK, Vladi and WCT all convincingly, I asked exactly the same question. I mean, FZD beat LSS 4-0, but ML beat XX 4-0, and XX is CNT#3. And LGY, who almost beat CNT #3 was beaten by ZJK during Asia tournament. Bad days happen to everyone, for me ZJK should play until he doesn't want to or cannot produce any more good results. I am not sure this is 100% the case yet, but people should not insult the man.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Amazing. Incredible. Anybody not blown away by this match doesnt like the sport. Somebody had to win.

Ma Long is the greatest for now. My only question is how many WTTCs will FZD eventually win?

I hope he wins many but I wont be surprised if he wins none. Sometimes luck plays bitch like it did today.