Using Chinese rubbers for the first time

I've been playing for about 15 years now :cool: and I've been doing a lot of physical training lately and i thought about using a Chinese rubber on my forehand since i have more power. Thing that i want your guys advice on is what are the good Chinese rubbers for a average player who is using them for the first time on forehand. Thank you :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Which Chinese rubber are you looking to use? You may want to boost the rubber as Chinese rubbers can be quite slow without it. I can see your equipment setup in the profile, are you using the Friendship on your forehand or the GEWO rubber?

Obviously he uses the anti on his BH. He said he want chinese rubber on his forehand.

Reactions: Tharindu Manawadu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi, try Hurricane 3 Neo commercial. It's the most popular chinese rubber for a reason. No need to buy these 'provincial' and 'national' versions first time. If your playing level is high enough, you might want to buy provincial version and boost, but now you really don't need it. Also, H3 has a break in period, so if you didn't like it in the first few hours of practice, don't change back, stay with it in the next session. It will become more elastic and dynamic. Good luck and have fun!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've been playing for about 15 years now :cool: and I've been doing a lot of physical training lately and i thought about using a Chinese rubber on my forehand since i have more power. Thing that i want your guys advice on is what are the good Chinese rubbers for a average player who is using them for the first time on forehand. Thank you :eek:

Neo TG3 black if you want to play safe. Neo H3 if you want to play aggressive. No boosting, but takes a few sessions to "break in" the sponge.

Both have very high control but require good amount of strength to produce deadly spin.

Passionate about TT

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
What about the TG3-60? Supposed to be a softer sponge with same topsheet, would that be an option for trying out chinese rubber on fh?

Which Chinese rubber are you looking to use? You may want to boost the rubber as Chinese rubbers can be quite slow without it. I can see your equipment setup in the profile, are you using the Friendship on your forehand or the GEWO rubber?
sorry the description was outdated :cool: i updated it. i'm looking for a rubber which allow me to easily tranfer from euro rubber to chinese rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
T 3-60 is pretty good. I have it on a back up blade in the mid hard version. In very general terms it feels between the h3 and h8. Throw is higher than a h8. Mid tacky so less tacky that the other two but enough to be aggressive. Still needs a active swing but more catapult than a h3 on smaller swing. Spin may be less than the other two but not by a huge amount. Very stable in the short game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi, try Hurricane 3 Neo commercial. It's the most popular chinese rubber for a reason. No need to buy these 'provincial' and 'national' versions first time. If your playing level is high enough, you might want to buy provincial version and boost, but now you really don't need it. Also, H3 has a break in period, so if you didn't like it in the first few hours of practice, don't change back, stay with it in the next session. It will become more elastic and dynamic. Good luck and have fun!

^ This. H3N commercial. (Unless budget is no issue at all, no need to go provincial/nat/nittaku first IMO.)

Other nice thing about starting with the H3 neo is that it's arguably the reference tacky rubber at the moment: that should make it easier to identify what to move to if you want a tacky rubber with different strengths and weaknesses next. (You should also be able to tell whether you want to boost it easily.)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
actually it was a attacking pimple rubber which i used on forehand. but changed it to a inverted rubber.

Then you wrote wrong in the description (no problem), because 804 is an anti. Probably you confused it with the 802, which is a short pip rubber.

This user has no status.
sorry the description was outdated :cool: i updated it. i'm looking for a rubber which allow me to easily tranfer from euro rubber to chinese rubber

There are a few ,,hybrid´´ rubbers i would suggest:

Yinhe/Galaxy Big Dipper (black) 38-40 degree
Sanwei Target National
Haifu Whale2 National factory tuned ( available in around 35-40 degree)

and the above mentioned could also fit what you are searching for. DHS TG 3-60 or Hurricane 3-50 are all worth trying when transitioning from euro to chinese style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Only problem is how fast the Chinese rubber will degrade as you use it more and more. 3 months? 6 months? Couple of weeks !! [emoji38] but that is Chinese rubber. Be prepared to buy and replace 3 or more times per year as rubber wears out

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

I see you are using Shining Dragon. This might be the case with that rubber, but the Skyline (TG) and Hurricane series are well known for their durability. Even if you're a pro player you wouldn't have to change the rubber that fast normally, but if you're a pro player you probably boost excessively and that doesn't count. If your Hurricane 'stop' working after a week, you probably did a bad glue job.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews

Check out my video on the pros and cons of Chinese rubber! Maybe you’ll learn something new ;) good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Only problem is how fast the Chinese rubber will degrade as you use it more and more. 3 months? 6 months? Couple of weeks !! [emoji38] but that is Chinese rubber. Be prepared to buy and replace 3 or more times per year as rubber wears out

Ok i agree commercial cheap H3 might degrade fast. In my experience:

A $20 commercial H3 can last for 6 months.
A $40 provincial H3 can last 12 months plus better control and feel during the use.

If you can afford I always recommend provincial H3.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
I see you are using Shining Dragon. This might be the case with that rubber, but the Skyline (TG) and Hurricane series are well known for their durability. Even if you're a pro player you wouldn't have to change the rubber that fast normally, but if you're a pro player you probably boost excessively and that doesn't count. If your Hurricane 'stop' working after a week, you probably did a bad glue job.
Actually I have found Yasaka Rising Dragon and Shining Dragon to be the most durable "Chinese" rubber :-D unlike some Euro or Chinese rubbers it has been lasting me more than 1.5 years now!! And no change in performance! Looks brand new too ! [emoji1]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Ok i agree commercial cheap H3 might degrade fast. In my experience:

A $20 commercial H3 can last for 6 months.
A $40 provincial H3 can last 12 months plus better control and feel during the use.

If you can afford I always recommend provincial H3.

Passionate about TT

Tenergy and ESN rubbers last around the same or they die earlier. These 'it lasts x months' statements are completely wrong. First it depends on how much do you use it (5 hour a week or 20 hour) and what's your level. The better you are you hit stronger and you hit more times in the same 3 hour long session. And finally everyone has different needs, what is worn out for someone it's totally usable for someone else.
I would recommend the provincial too, but for the first time commercial is enough. He will see if he likes tacky rubbers and if not, he didn't lost too much money.

Actually I have found Yasaka Rising Dragon and Shining Dragon to be the most durable "Chinese" rubber :-D unlike some Euro or Chinese rubbers it has been lasting me more than 1.5 years now!! And no change in performance! Looks brand new too !
emoji1.png

Shining Dragon is said to be chinese but in fact it's non-tacky. No surprise if it lasts for long, because it's topheet doesn't have too much grip, it generates spin from the topsheet's and sponge's elasticity. In that regard it's similar to the Stiga Calibra (or Calibra Tour? don't remember which is which) series.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
I'm using the 729-08 on my FH, super hard and quite tacky.
The speed is medium, the sound is not the best, but the spin, man, that's crazy!
It better works with a flexible wood, so no stiff carbon blade.

If I put enough power and the stroke is well executed, there's nothing the opponent can do;)
But probably with some boost on it, it would be easier to use and more controllable.