Can Timo Boll's victory give rest of world belief?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
A loss that I don’t think showed up in rainneverever’s stats but was a giant loss for ML was when he got taken down by Koki Niwa in the finals of the first round of the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament in 2012.

That may have been ML’s worst international loss. Because what was on the line was his position for the Olympic TEAM spot. And it did not look good that he could not handle the pressure of that big moment.

The only loss that really looked not so good for him after that and until this loss to Timo was his loss to Wang Hao in the 2013 WTTC Semifinals. At least it is the only one I can think of right now.

Between his loss to Timo and his loss to Wang Hao ML has been simply amazing.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

The loss was hardly a big deal as if he didn't qualify that day, he would get another chance the next day (which he got and did). Same as CCY's victory in the group stage of the World Cup in 2012 - of course ML almost got eliminated on tie breaks, but the win didn't cost him much in the bigger scheme and ML was jetlagged for that match.

Reactions: matzreenzi
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
if you look at the games, Tim played very well against both Chinese players, but Ma Long was not in form at all, you can see very clearly, He is still having problem with the Chinese table tennis coach matter, I think. I doubt he would play much for China again, I think he knows it. China is putting a lot young new players out now, they need to find new good players for the next Olympic in Japan. They can not afford to lose to Japanese. China does not mind losing games now, new players need more experience. I think Japan said they would beat China at the Olympic that is why China is worrying about losing to Japan.

Sep 2016
if it is not the Chinese table tennis rule. they control good players leaving to other countries, I think Ma Long would have gone., but I think Ma Long if he wants to go he needs to wait for 4 to 5 yrs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I don t think its the coach. i heard from a chinese first league player in Germany who was part of the CNT team A whos still in contact with them, that he had problems with the ball and the table and not much time to get used to it and I already found when i was watching the matches there were so many errors which were just touching the net and then over the table. the injury maybe too but one could see that Ma was shaking his head or smiling in sarcasm after some points which is very unusual for him.

greets

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This phrase exists in hungarian too. And the problem is, that China still has 20 times as much good young player than Germany. Please, tell me who is the german prodigy? Patrick Franziska? Duda Benedikt? Neither is in the top 50. The best german U18 player is Tobias Hippler, ranked 38. Actually, just based on rankings, Germany isn't much over Hungary, which is a shame, knowing the playing level here. The best german players are Boll, Ovtcharov, Ruwen and Steger! This team is everything, but young. Sweden and France are stronger in young players right now and I think even Belgium and Romania has the same potential as Germany.

Almost true!
Walther and Duda have made some good progress last season. Qiu is developing as well. Stumper and Xu are both a bit young still...
[Emoji6]

Here's the highlights of DTTB Top 48 Junior and Cadets match between Rinderer and Dürr (round robin tournament) brought to you by matchball.tv

That point @0:48 [Emoji15]
Not so bad i would say, don't cha think?
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass