Can Timo Boll's victory give rest of world belief?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Maybe internationally....
but he only stopped playing swedish league last year...
... i would tend to believe that his retirement was a bit later than Persson's
[Emoji12]
Wow, I didn't know that!
But I still believe he didn't care much about his body, only what was necessary.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Can Timo Boll's victory give rest of the world belief?

Anyhow, back to OP question:

as lgreggs has asked:
Can Timo Boll's victory give rest of the world belief?

I would definitely say YES! It does. If we learned one thing from this: Ma Long is human and also he's beatable!

That's a thing we didn't see a lot in the past.

Maybe depends who faces him. Ma Long did beat Assar, Niwa and Gauzy, but maybe others in the WRL could smell their chances as well.

We shouldn't overlook that Timo has also played quite smart, no matter how much ML's waist here, LGL missing there...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Of course he plays the same style. But he makes small adjustments according to the strengths of his opponents. Boll and Ovtcharov know each other in and out. The mistakes Boll did in the final were very uncharacteristical and most likely coming from exhaustion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Timo played smart? No, he played just like he did in the last 10 years and not even close to his top. If he was that smart he should have beaten Dimitrij, too.

Hahahahaaa. Keep hatin', grandpa!
[Emoji23]

Dima and him knowing each other quite well doesn't come into your consideration?
Whatever dude.
Keep tryin' your belittleling. That still won't take away his 2nd place at the Worldcup... or China Open..... or even his title at Korea Open...
[Emoji2]

Reactions: Garrison
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
After the ex-Taekwondo coach turns CNT Soccer into an international Juggernaut, the Govt can unleash him to coach table tennis for CNT TT squad...

There is always hope.

Exercise physiology... With Chinese characteristics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hahahahaaa. Keep hatin', grandpa!
[Emoji23]

Dima and him knowing each other quite well doesn't come into your consideration?
Whatever dude.
Keep tryin' your belittleling. That still won't take away his 2nd place at the Worldcup... or China Open..... or even his title at Korea Open...
[Emoji2]

There is nothing wrong about hoping, even it is a desperate hope.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Of course he plays the same style. But he makes small adjustments according to the strengths of his opponents. Boll and Ovtcharov know each other in and out. The mistakes Boll did in the final were very uncharacteristical and most likely coming from exhaustion.

Just another opinion that I normally ignore. Well, if there is nothing more to add to his loss to Dimitrij then I'd call it a lousy argument.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
tropical,

You on a team in the huge CRC league playing mostly at Swan TTC? I need to run into you sometime.

I will likely be there this Sunday, and have been playing 1-2 times a week in that league. Just show up and ask where are the trouble makers...

I was about to play for a team last night but I was exhausted after playing at Topspin. What time you plan to play? I hate the DHS tables at Swan as it is blindly fast but will try to play you before I come to Topspin today.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So it doesn't appear weird that when almost all of Boll - Ovtcharov encounters end with 2 points difference in the decider then suddenly Boll who looked to be in brilliant shape gets rekt by Dima like that?

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

There is this rumor that in 1991, in the WTTC, facing his best friend and teammate, Jorgen Persson, and looking ahead, confident there would be more WTTC wins for him, JO Waldner, threw the match.

Back then they played games to 21 and best of 5. I wonder how many other times Persson was able to beat Waldner 3-0.

Hahahaha.

It would be a classy move for Timo to let Dima take the title when he has two World Cup titles of his own. But Timo has not won the World Cup since 2005 and perhaps he knows that 2017 may have been his last chance.

Still, I can see him doing that for his teammate. But I can also see Dima taking the Cup for himself just by being on and not having those tense 7 game matches like Timo and the stress of unexpected come from behind wins.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Timo played smart enough to beat the Chinese but didn't have the stamina to beat his teammate who beat him so many times recently. I don't buy this excuse. Anyway, result speak itself. It was Dimitrij who played good and smart to be the champ.

Hahahaaa. What a P-Nutty statement to make....
If i wouldn't know better i would say you totally remind me of Peter himself with your hateful speech.
[Emoji2]
Connecting dots and finding relations doesn't seem to be your best discipline opposed to hatred and jealousy.

But now back to lgreggs question again:
can Timo Boll's victory give rest of the world belief??

Probably yes. Maybe to some, lgreggs.
Others rather seem to prefer to choose jealousy, envy and hate.
But to each his own.

Seems to be quite difficult to some to admit when something or someone's good.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hahahaaa. What a P-Nutty statement to make....
If i wouldn't know better i would say you remind me of someone.
[Emoji2]
Connecting dots and finding relations doesn't seem to be your best discipline.

But now back to lgreggs question again:
can Timo Boll's victory give rest of the world belief??

Probably yes. Maybe to some, lgreggs.
Others rather prefer to choose jealousy, envy and hate.
But to each his own.

Seems to be quite difficult to some to admit when something or someone's good.

Timo Boll is no doubt a good player. But using this single event to say he could bring hope to change the dominance of Chinese TT is indeed childish.

Many parents love their children and thought of them the most intelligent, beautiful kids in the world. You are just a Timo fan, utter things out of your mouth without knowing the reality.

If I remind you of someone then I need to say you remind me of one. Your trying to win an argument by humiliating others is arrogantly dumb. If you are in power you could become another Trump.

You kept saying to each his/her own but you don't respect others if they are against your love .. belief. Look at the poll from this forum who could win the event. Not until the end, in the beginning of the poll more than 90% said ML should have won. That is how people believed the outcome should be BASED on statistics and their past experience with many events. You only rely on this single event to blah nonsense. Jesus Christ! Don't you understand statistics? In TT, no one can really beat anyone 100% unless the superior is 400 points higher. But even so, if he is injured he could lose to the inferior. This is how it happened to ML. I do not talk about LGY as he could choke under pressure. Then XX, FZD... these guys do not give Timo, Dima, and the rest a chance. What kind of hope is this? Give me a break!

Love is blind. I have no love, jealousy toward any top players. I actually love to see the world can challenge the Chinese dominance but I am not that stupid.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Tropical and Suga D, I am going to ask you both to leave this. You guys disagree. Let’s leave it here so it doesn’t escalate to something more personal.

Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Tropical and Suga D, I am going to ask you both to leave this. You guys disagree. Let’s leave it here so it doesn’t escalate to something more personal.

Thank you.

No problem, Carl. My last words on this.

I don't have any problem with a well explained different opinion, but if Pnchy constantly keeps pulling people and stuff through the mud and keeps talking/writing out of his a**, you just can't expect me to be silent.

OP question was can the result give hope. My answer was yes, 'cause the result just showed that no one is unbeatable (no matter the circumstances how this happened).
Nothing more nothing less.
Timo showed 2005 that the chinese are human and beatable and so did he twelve years later, no matter how much others try to take that away from him.
That might only be very little hope....but nevertheless it's HOPE.

I remember a while ago many people said, if only someone could beat the chinese so the tournaments aren't so boring anymore.
Now someone's finally did it (again, no matter the circumstances) and still it doesn't seem to be enough for Pnchy!
Pretty negative and kinda ungrateful in my book.

As you know from my other posts i'm definitely not a relentless Timo Fanboy, especially if you remember my posts about his interview about boosting.
But i'm definitely a fan of his sportsmanship and his positive vibe. A real role model that kids can look up to IMHO.

Last edited: