2019 Bulgaria Open (World Tour)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Not sure what the shelf-life is for Mima's style but I suspect that she'll be good for maybe one more olympic cycle before she's completely figured out/age catches up. Chen was exploiting angles and making Mima run around like no other chinese player has done so far, and the last two blocks were very reminiscent of how Fukuhara used to lose to the chinese.

Keeping this in yet another time capsule for 2024 and perhaps 2028.

Check out my other time capsules:

bb9ucIa.png

pPszAt1.png

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
As I told before this stat is useless. There are many different lower level chinese players who were beaten by JNT members, but they will not join the China olympic team. For me only top chinese players results are important from last 3 months. And the stats shows:
ito: 0:2
ishikawa: 1:5
hayata 0:1
hirano 0:2
sato 1:1
kato 1:3

Great! And what is the result of your 3 months analysis, other that JPN should just forfeit all olympic games against CNT players? Your statistics are flawed anyway. How can you count katos win against CM with the T2 fast5 system? i think taking the last 12-18 months into consideration get you better results then 2-3 games to compare the results

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Why is Zhao continuously getting into BH-BH exchanges with Harimoto. Unless your name is Wang Hao in his prime, going RPB BH-BH with Harimoto is not recommended. TH is not intimated by the mullet.
Exactly.

People who lose to Harimoto are the one trying to break his BH. TBH Harimoto's BH is among the most consistent and most brutal in the world.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Another observation, the CNT still hasn't figured out Harimoto's serve. Ma Long, ZJK, XX, FZD and Zhao all returned his serve pretty high.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

You write this as if the CNT is a single player, with a well-defined and more or less constant set of skill, ability, prowess.

I think the CNT consists of many players, all differrently skilled snd talented, and all with better and lesser days and streaks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Great! And what is the result of your 3 months analysis, other that JPN should just forfeit all olympic games against CNT players? Your statistics are flawed anyway. How can you count katos win against CM with the T2 fast5 system? i think taking the last 12-18 months into consideration get you better results then 2-3 games to compare the results
My point is different. I wanted to show that history statistic does not always pay.
Japan TT Association try to figure out how to find best players against china, but case of Hirano who took down all best chinese 2 years ago passed away.
Also wins against second hand chinese players who Will not participate olympics also does not count.
Only current form and development of New young players will pay off.

As I told before this stat is useless. There are many different lower level chinese players who were beaten by JNT members, but they will not join the China olympic team. For me only top chinese players results are important from last 3 months. And the stats shows:
ito: 0:2
ishikawa: 1:5
hayata 0:1
hirano 0:2
sato 1:1
kato 1:3

1. Your criteria makes these stats absolutely meaningless, the sample size is too small if they have to beat the "top" chinese players over just 3 months.
2. Records against non-"top" chinese players are still meaningful, if they can never even beat lower-tier chinese players, what hope would they have in beating the top players in a major event?
3. From this, we can say that Ishikawa, Kato, and especially Sato (who hasn't lost any match against a top CNT) should go to the Olympics. I'm not sure if anyone would disagree that it would be a terrible idea.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Some of those Olympic venues are probably in Sarajevo. The point is still true, Olympics are a boondoggle.

This user has no status.
Keeping this in yet another time capsule for 2024 and perhaps 2028.

Check out my other time capsules:

cache.php

cache.php

To be fair, the bit about Harimoto is kind of true. He's not been doing too well in 2019. Same for Ito.
But they are both young, no reason to think they won't improve.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
To be fair, the bit about Harimoto is kind of true. He's not been doing too well in 2019. Same for Ito.
But they are both young, no reason to think they won't improve.

Well, we have you on record saying that they have both been decoded sufficiently by the CNT to be ignored as 2020 medal candidates. Please remember to continually share that so that if you are right, you get the pat on the back you deserve.

Reactions: Nemo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
The Chinese might have decoded Harimoto and Ito, but with the seeding right now they face CNT players first time in the semi finals. So both still have great chances to get a medal :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The Chinese might have decoded Harimoto and Ito, but with the seeding right now they face CNT players first time in the semi finals. So both still have great chances to get a medal :)

Let me be clearer, I should have said gold/silver medal candidates. Harimoto and Ito were so trchnically deficient per usualsuspect that they could improve with age but lacked the time to develop solutions to the deficiencies recent games have exposed (Sun Wen, Wang Yidi).

Usualsuspect of course may very well be right, but I have learned from watching Mr Aruna my compatriot that you don't underestimate anyone who works hard at his game, you just watch how things develop because unlikely things fo happen.