Who will win the 2012 European Championships 2012?

• Timo Boll

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Michael Maze

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Adrian Crisan

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Adrien Mattenet

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bastian Steger

• Chen Weixing

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
You can notice so much clumsiness in Maze's forehand shots. I don't know if this has always been his technique or he was just really nervous but in this match his right arm waves around strangely as if he wasn't confident and whenever he looped forehand he lacked a proper body twist along with his right arm to stretch completely to his left side before finally making the swing with his racket to the right side (because he's left handed).

Just take a look at 1:07 how strange his technique for top spins are.

Well yeah I've never really liked Maze's technique, especially his footwork. It all looks a bit cramped. I think it's also the reason why his matches consist of short rallies of 1 or 2 topspins, unless he chooses to step back and start lobbing.
But sometimes he plays these awesome matches like at the Olympics, and then it's just fun to watch. ^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Ah, that sort of explains it.
Btw wow, the doubles finals will be Karlsson/Karlsson vs Gardos/Habesohn, hard to predict that one!

Btw is there only one camera/stream on laola for this championship?

Yeah only one livestream available, but one of the other table gets filmed as well and they upload that one when the match is over.

I just saw that Baum got disqualified during or after his game against Crisan. Last time I checked he was close to winning, anyone know what happened?

And Gacina is playing amazing by the way, he already beat Freitas and Tokic, and now doing great against Boll.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Baum's rubber was too thick.

Gacina vs Boll awesome last ball.

Yeah only one livestream available, but one of the other table gets filmed as well and they upload that one when the match is over.
Oh nice thanks, found the games I wanted, all the on-demand stuff is here http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/ettu/video/483--.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Ovtcharov played very splendidly against Tiago Apolonia. His backhand shots were surprisingly very successful. On several occasions he counter topspinned with his backhand with a very good punch and accuracy including the one at 5:08.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Our club went out to see the Saturday games and wow some spectacular matches! Match point to BollvsGacina was so awesome and could see it meant a lot to him afterwards. Tan Ruiwu played his match of his lift! The game was so filled with loop to loop duels and he deserved to win that match. Also Steger vs. Gionis was a breath taking match... good Gionis could create some underspin balls :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
He cant..
In fact I didnt believe that Crisan would have chance today :)
I knew Timo wouldnt let that allow..
Even at 9:3 for Crisan in the first set I would bet at Timo, and he go it to deuce 10:10 ..
I dont understand, how can someone get back to 10:10 from 10:5 or something like that, only to lose 12:10 .. hmm..
It happened to me too though, last time I played, lol :D