Bluefire Series VS Tenergy Series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
During a practice session of the Belarus, Croatia, Germany and Denmark at the EC in Schwechat last year I had the chance to have a look at the rackets of Vladi, Primo, Dima, Patrick Baum and Kasper Sternberg.
And all of them use, at least at the FH, a Tenergy, although, with exception of Primorac, they aren't BTY poster boys.
Baum for e.g. used a TB ALC with a Baum Esprit handle, a T05 on FH and a Bluefire JP01 on his BH as a Donic poster boy.

Do you remember what the structure of Dima's blade is? Is it another Butterfly ALC?

This user has no status.
That is in fact, not true. Jörgen Persson, Mikael Appelgren and JO Waldner uses only Donic-stuff. Seen their equipment in the hall many times. But some pros use a backhand-rubber or a forehand-rubber or a blade(with a glued on handle) from another brand. The top Adidas-sponsored players uses Adidas-stuff. I know that Samsonov plays with Evolution, ann ALL the chinese players that are Butterfly-sponsored is plaing DHS-rubbers on their forehand! Tenergy is good, but...its six years old, and many things have happened since...
I didn't say that every player does that, I said that from the players I mentioned that they use a Tenergy on their FH.
And by the way Samsonov plays with a T80 on his FH and Evolution EL-P on his BH, but that what you said about chinese players that they use DHS rubbers on their FH that's true.

This user has no status.
I am sure you are probably right about all this, and I have no special knowledge, I've certainly never seen the blades of these guys, but it would be pretty hard to discern the difference between a TB-ALC with a Baum handle from an actual Baum Esprit if it had rubbers on it. From the side they would look pretty similar I think! I might be wrong about this but the construction is somewhat similar, right?

At first I have to say that it also could be a Boll Spirit, but I'm sure that it is either a TB ALC or Spirit, because of the construction.
The construction of these two blades is to 95% similar, so with an eye-test you can't differ them from each other, so it could be a TB ALC or a Boll Spirit that P.Baum uses.
The construction of the Baum Esprit is a bit similiar to that of the TB ALC/B. Spirit , but there are some key differences.
Firstly BTY blades are marked by a serial number which any other blade from other brands doesn't have, and secondly the core of the TB ALC/B.Spirit is slightly thinner than that from the Baum Esprit. But regarding the used materials of which the blade is made of, the blades are quite similar.

Last edited:
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
Agree. The Evolution is a very very good rubber, and the closest to Tenergy i ever have seen. Actually i think it is a better rubber, but this was not the question here:)