Best short pimple rubber for offensive game

Hi everybody i'm new to this site:eek: i just need your opinion on this. i was a team member in a leading school in my country at that time i used a Tibhar triple carbon blade and nimbus rubbers. i used to play a highly offensive game :cool: but i had to stop playing for educational purposes for about 4 years and now i'm currently a university student and i play for the university.

But being absence from the game made my touch go away :( currently i'm really struggle with even a novices player. You guys know how frustrating it is. :confused: i'm studying architecture and don't have time for practices that much so it hard to maintain the physical condition and other things for that much offensive game. and recently its been hard for me to read the spin of the ball and struggling with returning services

so i thought using a short pimple rubber on my forehand would be good for me :p . i had to get rid of my Tibhar Triple Carbon :( because it was too fast now i'm using a Nittaku Titanbeat . i hope u guys could recommend me a good short pimple rubber for stable my game while maintaining offensiveness

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Well for lack of training time... don't short pimples require more precision (less margin for error due to the straighter trajectories)?

Well for lack of training time... don't short pimples require more precision (less margin for error due to the straighter trajectories)?
thanks for replying :eek: well its hard hard to keep up my offensive game from older days. it requires a lot of fitness to be that quick. my body does not have that much fitness now. so with a pimple rubber i can play a little bit slower game friend and it easy to deal with spiny services :)

Last edited:
I am playing with short pips friendship 802-40 , it's a famous rubber for this style.

Otherwise, there is tibhar "Ultra Express", it's well-known in France but drearest ...
thanks for your reply friend :D i really appreciate it reviews for friendship 802-40 seems great :eek: but i can't find a tibhar ultra express on internet :( by the way what is the thickness you would recommend ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
2 mm is good, short pips need speed and spring.

You have to think short pips need more training, you have to always hit the ball, to be agressive, straight backhand, good services to prepare forehand

I am 56, I love to play that way but I train about 10 to 12 hours a week, and walking about 40 miles a week

This user has no status.
man you skipped table tennis to study architecture :eek: dafug!?? but ok if you played a triple carbon it means that you're anyway "special" :D. dont go to deep into what pips you should play. just buy the most basic one from tibhar (like speedy soft) or donic in 1.0 - 1.5. but im telling you that pips will not make your life easier. perhaps to beat some scrubs ok. but to be a good player with them it's as hard as with pips-inside rubbers.