DHS TinArc, TinArc 3 and TinArc 5 comparison

This user has no status.
I have tried TinArc 3 and TinArc 5, both in 37° 2.1mm and on both side.

TinArc 3 uses the #50 sponge, which is not really bouncy, but has medium power - the rubber topsheet is rather dense and stiff (and it sticks extremely well to protective sheets despite being almost untacky), so it has a precise feel, but also needs to be played technically confidently to earn its rewards.

TinArc 5 has a white porous sponge, which is bouncier than the #50 sponge - it is really easy to play, but can be felt limiting sometimes. The rubber topsheet is "so-so" on the black side, nothing really remarkable, but good enough - however, the red side has a coarse grainy texture, which has much less grip, almost like an anti rubber, just with a wrong sponge underneath*.

*This is only based on a rather short test session, but I don't think there would be much difference in longer tests.

I haven't tried "normal" TinArc yet.

I cannot mention any ESN/Japanese rubber with similar characteristics - GoldArcs are completely different. I have only a reference to another Chinese rubber: TinArc 3 is somewhat similar to 729/Friendship Pro Dragon L - the latter being somewhat even less bouncy on low force hits, but it has a tremendous amount of gears.

This user has no status.
I have tried TinArc 3 and TinArc 5, both in 37° 2.1mm and on both side.

TinArc 3 uses the #50 sponge, which is not really bouncy, but has medium power - the rubber topsheet is rather dense and stiff (and it sticks extremely well to protective sheets despite being almost untacky), so it has a precise feel, but also needs to be played technically confidently to earn its rewards.

TinArc 5 has a white porous sponge, which is bouncier than the #50 sponge - it is really easy to play, but can be felt limiting sometimes. The rubber topsheet is "so-so" on the black side, nothing really remarkable, but good enough - however, the red side has a coarse grainy texture, which has much less grip, almost like an anti rubber, just with a wrong sponge underneath*.

*This is only based on a rather short test session, but I don't think there would be much difference in longer tests.

I haven't tried "normal" TinArc yet.

I cannot mention any ESN/Japanese rubber with similar characteristics - GoldArcs are completely different. I have only a reference to another Chinese rubber: TinArc 3 is somewhat similar to 729/Friendship Pro Dragon L - the latter being somewhat even less bouncy on low force hits, but it has a tremendous amount of gears.
Actually Ive played TinArc 5 red again and it slips like crazy. You really have to grip the ball perfectly to maximise its spin. So all in all TinArc 3 is a better rubber if used well?

This user has no status.
Actually Ive played TinArc 5 red again and it slips like crazy. You really have to grip the ball perfectly to maximise its spin. So all in all TinArc 3 is a better rubber if used well?

Yes, if used really well - I think, for most of its use cases, there may be better rubbers found, but it is unique in its own way, so it is not completely worthless to try - can be really up to the user - I have seen a Tom Lodziak video with a professional player using it.