Dimitrij Ovtcharov using Hurricane rubber at World Cup 2016!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It may be a few more events to know if he sticks with it, and if so how it works for him. Right now, not enough data.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Sep 2016
he should have kept on tenergy.
at least that way they could say the chinese beat them because of h3.
now there's no more excuses.

personally I think equipment is not so important.
remember for example li ping, at some point he was using acuda rubbers and still playing in the chinese team.
or now aruna quadri, he's not even using tenergy, he uses joola rubbers, and he still has one of the best forehands in the world.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Except Chinese rubber has always been really different from Tenergy or ESN. Maybe with boosting nowadays they aren't so different? Seems hard to believe but I don't have experience wit pro boosted DHS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Some new data Baal and co. Dimitrij is still using the Hurricane rubber in the champions league match which was after the world cup. Ovt makes so many mistakes with his forehand throughout the game.

At 5.11 you can see he twiddles to smash the ball with his backhand rubber which indicates to me he still has Hurricane on the forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Very unstable game of Dima, but i wish he will stay with H3, because it has very lot of spin. Stability will come with the time...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Except Chinese rubber has always been really different from Tenergy or ESN. Maybe with boosting nowadays they aren't so different? Seems hard to believe but I don't have experience wit pro boosted DHS.

Well I can tell from experience that i think there is some difference.

Here's the story:
Last time we'd been trained by a pro the coach brought a W968 with Stiga handles and boosted H3 FH and slightly boosted T05. He let me hit with it for a while but it felt way more head-heavy than mine, plus the head was also a bit bigger, so i gave it back after about half an hour....
(Probably just love my blade too much too. For further details please pm)

Afaik he's got it from someone from CNT, but can't recall anymore whose blade it was. One thing the two rubbers DO have in common though is that beautiful high throw.
But as you know T05 isn't tacky at all and hence a little more bouncy, plus I think the T05 topsheet is a bit softer too.
Whereas the boosted H3 is also quite bouncy for a semi tacky rubber but the slight tack lets the ball bounce a little less than T05 does, which actually is an advantage at serve/receive and in the shortgame.
Whilst looping a couple of times i was expecting the ball to go long, but it pulled down on the table in the highest arc i've ever had seen due to all that generated spin. I think its arc is quite a bit higher than the T05.
Probably can take some time to get used to that, but it's been a total blast.
Although I prefer the T05 on the BH. No other rubber i've tried seemed to be so complete (talkin' about overall behaviour). It took a minute to adjust, 'cause I never played a boosted T05 before. I never felt the need to boost it.

Whoa, this somehow became a little review..
[Emoji12]

Sorry Chen Chen for the little derail.
I guess I got carried away a little.

Back to topic:
I really wish someone had a clear pic of Dima's FH rubber.
But I think you're right anyway.
;)
Thanks for sharing the info, buddy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Let's put it this way. I'm not an internet troll, although you certainly are right on the line of that. Also I am not your friend, make no mistakes about that. I've tried to be civil even though most of what you post is nonsense. But how about instead you eat $**# and die.

Hei Baal I didn't mean to offend you sorry.. i just wanted to show that it looks like Dimitrij has stayed with H3

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
stop hijacking thread with this ... who cares when ittf not and carl this videos are just stupid....
give me some more info about the Dima`s experience.

The information about Dima seemed to have been covered and finished. The subject of the thread had turned to boosting vs rubbers that were tuned or boosted by the manufacturer before they leave the plant. And how boosting is against the rules but many pros get around that by having their sponsors do the boosting to their specifications. The conversation was I interesting and useful.

Despite those videos being DTop's parody about the ITTF and table tennis, the information he presents on the subject is actually pretty real.

If you were unable to follow the chain of thought, sorry. But there is no need for you to call names. There is too much of that going on here.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, when I used to get Tenergy at a discount from a sponsored player, I always felt it felt a grade or 3 better than what you would get from a distributor like Paddle Palace (a local distributor for my region). I was never sure till one time I had just got a brand new set. It was shipped straight from Japan to the sponsored player who I got it from a day after it arrived. I glued it on. And it just happened that a friend glued a brand new set of rubbers onto his IF ZLF. At the time I was using my TB ZLF. We both had ordered T05 FH and T05FX BH. I know his blade and the contrast between it and my blade. When I tried his blade with his brand new rubbers after using mine that came straight from Butterfly in Japan, the difference was pretty big. His rubbers felt old, dried out and dead. My rubbers felt alive.

I wish I could still get rubbers that way.

Now Der_Echte is going to send the goon squad after me for mentioning Pro rubbers. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
When I tried his blade with his brand new rubbers after using mine that came straight from Butterfly in Japan, the difference was pretty big. His rubbers felt old, dried out and dead. My rubbers felt alive.

I wish I could still get rubbers that way.

Sounds like a difference between non-boosted and boosted rubbers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sounds like a difference between non-boosted and boosted rubbers.

Without question. At the time I said to my friend, "It feels like my rubbers have been boosted."

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
TTH, Wasn't responding to you at all!!!!!! Sorry if you thought so.

Was responding to our "habibi" dude, the loser internet troll who can't smell booster.

Since he deleted his post I thought about deleting mine but have decided not to, because on general principles my last sentence (about a recommendation for how he might leave this earth) stands.

Hei Baal I didn't mean to offend you sorry.. i just wanted to show that it looks like Dimitrij has stayed with H3

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Without question. At the time I said to my friend, "It feels like my rubbers have been boosted."

It's a known fact, tenergy from japan market (label JPN instead of TBE) are better more flexible, more durable etc.
also blades too - for mine example i have bty jun mizutani from japan (label JTTAA on bottom of the handle) and i had european mizutani without that label - two big difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
On Youtube someone suggest that Ovtcharov not only plays with chinese rubber but also with Ma Long's personal blade?
Personal ML blade with donic handle? nah... don't think so. ALC carbon has special look at the edge of blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
That's interesting, as most of the top sponsored players in Japan visits Butterfly factory and pick their rubbers straight out of the production. Most of them(Mizutani, Yoshimura etc) just choose the one with harder top sheet while some(Matsudaira) are obsessed with the color of the top sheet. Butterfly Sales person who has a son in the same club has taken me to Tamasu when Matsudaira was choosing his and it took 3 hours to choose 10 sheets so they must care about something...!
Lower grade sponsored players(top high school for eg) are supplied with 8 sheets per month by mail.

Rubbers are no different from what we buy at the local store except they get to pick theirs first. BUT, that's coming from Butterfly Sales so it could just be sales talk as many of you feel and believe that sponsored rubbers perform better.

Not sure if they can apply more boosting to Tenergy when they don't apply booster post production like DHS or Haifu. But like you guys say, Butterfly could supply top players with more boosted rubbers or supply different rubbers to different regions or it could just be all psychological. Love to read the researches on this topic.

Reactions: dirtyD and Suga D